Xtratime Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else think that Barsa have just changed the name of V.Valdes shirt to Ruben? :howler:

They look identical!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Okay... let's make this thread more serious. Did anyone like him today? I think that he was very nervous, he didn't cover our goal properly when Jofre scored and he didn't have a good comunication with the defense. I didn't like him.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I think he didn't have a hard challenge during the game,Judging him won't be fair

the goal he conceded was very hard to save

·
40,147 Posts
Hatem said:
I think he didn't have a hard challenge during the game,Judging him won't be fair

the goal he conceded was very hard to save
No, he didn't... once Damià saved over the line and the other one was goal. :stress:

I can't blame him for the goal, but he could have done much more, IMO.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
Seems like his debut was a nervous one.

I can comment more after I've watched it (downloading now).

But either way, he's the third keeper. If Jorquera were fit he would've played.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
I can't blame him for the goal, but he could have done much more, IMO.
Do you mean in the gaol? Impossible. That ball hit the inside of the post, that is about as impossible to stop as there is.

He did, however, looked very nervous, was too agressive off his line and almost cost him twice. Not very good in his debut.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
What happened to Jorquera ??
Played one match last season and was amazing for that game....

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
ruben wasn't that good yesterday,he was too nervous,very aggressive and took some bad decisions,not a good debut!! :veiled:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Jorquera is now back at training after a long term injury...

Ruben was unsure and nervous, but it's not right to judge a player for one game, when he's good or bad.

We should remember Valdes' debut in the first league game of 2002/3 season, against Atletico, when he had some big mistakes, like one of the goals that I remember 'till today.

·
40,147 Posts
barça said:
Do you mean in the gaol? Impossible. That ball hit the inside of the post, that is about as impossible to stop as there is.

He did, however, looked very nervous, was too agressive off his line and almost cost him twice. Not very good in his debut.
Not impossible, the shot was good without a doubt, after all we taught Jofre how to do it :pp, but pay attention, Ruben does not cover the goal properly.
In any case, I don't want to judge him only for 1 match.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
When coaching gk's you teach them to give up no space to the near post, force the player to shoot at the far post, (it is a more difficult shot and a "longer" shot) but you also teach them that balls that hit the inside of the post are just about perfect. I thought that Jofre's shot was perfect.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
I don't really blame Ruben for Jofre's goal. He did a good job. Levante was fast and deadly on the counter. If anyone, where was Belletti? I'm becoming more comfortable seeing Damia at RB now. His defensive skills seem better than Belletti's.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Ruben good profesional

Ok he didn't make a good game against Levante. His first game was not his best

I just want to notice that on tuesday morning after training during one hour he was doing more trainees. He's a good worker, perhaps he's not the best goalkeeper of the world, but he wants to play. In barça B, he will learn a lot, but should it be good to be 1st goalkeeper i doubt about it, but it's too soon to conclude about him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.