Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 452 Posts

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I really think that this guy deserves a thread(dunno if there is some).What will happen with this Merengue is very important cos you can see from miles that this guy is somehow special....

Full name Rubén de la Red Gutiérrez Date of birth June 5, 1985 (1985-06-05) (age 22) Place of birth Madrid, Spain Height 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in) Playing position Defensive Midfielder
Years Club App (Gls)* 2004–2007
2004-2007
2007–present Real Madrid Castilla
Real Madrid
Getafe 70 (12)
10 (0)
12 (0)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
He is quality, but as Schuster said in the Valencia pre-match press conference yesterday, the best thing we could have done for him was to give him an opportunity to star for another club. He would never have clocked up so many minutes had he remained in Madrid.

Interesting to note that when our youngsters leave Madrid, some get into the Spanish National side (Soldado, DeLaRed)... and if Spain were not absolutely stacked in the creative CM area, Granero would also be called up.

Coincidence? I think not.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Why are we opening a thread for a player who's probably never going to wear Real Madrid's shirt again? Its either Granero or De La Red and its most likely Granero since we still own him.

Forget it, there's no way we're going to purchase De La Red back. :( And as good as he is, I doubt he's going to start over Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Xabi Alonso and (Senna and Alelda). Therefore, he's not going to make an impact on the NT which might influene us to sign him back.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Why are we opening a thread for a player who's probably never going to wear Real Madrid's shirt again? Its either Granero or De La Red and its most likely Granero since we still own him.
sad but true...

·
R0naldo
23,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Forget it, there's no way we're going to purchase De La Red back. :( And as good as he is, I doubt he's going to start over Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Xabi Alonso and (Senna and Alelda). Therefore, he's not going to make an impact on the NT which might influene us to sign him back.
At this point De LA Red is better than Granero.that is obvious...

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Granero is younger and they're different types of players.

Glad to hear that Schuster talks about de la Red.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
as has been said, DLR will never dress the white of Real Madrid. it is unfortunate but that is how it is. though you wonder, and i sound like a broken record at the moment, what qualities do baptista and sneijder, and to a lesser extent diarra possess to start over DLR? one is bigger, the other has good freekicks, and the other is not bad at tackling. yet the 3 of them are worth about 80,000,000 euros.

these numbers honestly make you wonder what on earth is happening. what do they launder money at the Bernabeu? i mean keepthe 80m and play granero and DLR. the trio i mentioned havent moved heaven and earth nor will they ever, but i can bet my bottom dollar that the two canteranos will play like their life depended on it. and with the qualities they have we couldve benefited more.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
de la red could make a good "etoo".... :pp
You get your filthy hands off him :fero:

Well deserved for DLR really. Its a damn shame that we are paying millions of dollars for players with supposedly bigger names when we have the answer right in our system. I sincerely hope that he's part of our plans for next season and dont play him for 20 minutes all season like we're doing with Soldado right now.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
well there is a lot of talk about Huntelaar coming in next season, but I see us making the same mistake here as we did with sneijder and baptista. Alvaro Negredo... just get him back and he will definetly grow with Raul and Ruud teaching him

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Why won't people understand Real Madrid is a club that like's to waste money and show off its financial power ? Buying Baptista/Saviola/Robben raises the clubs profile with a higher chance he will improve the squad whilst playing DLR only has a smaller chance of improving the squad. Besides Raul, Iker, Guti are enough for the management to claim an affiliation to promoting youth players.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
Why won't people understand Real Madrid is a club that like's to waste money and show off its financial power ? Buying Baptista/Saviola/Robben raises the clubs profile with a higher chance he will improve the squad whilst playing DLR only has a smaller chance of improving the squad. Besides Raul, Iker, Guti are enough for the management to claim an affiliation to promoting youth players.
I totally disagree with your post

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think it was Green who said it in another thread, but I'll reiterate it here... if De la Red isn't bought back in the summer, we should close up all the youth programs, teams, fields, etc. immediately. Anybody who watches this guy play can see he is better than the crap we throw out there like Sneijder, Baptista, and Diarra. Those three cost us 78 M Euros, where as the trio of De la Red, Granero, and Javi Garcia would have cost us a big fat 0.

1 - 20 of 452 Posts