Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Hmm i can see Gayberg winning it, though i hope John Cena does, and while on this subject what belt does the winner get a shot at, the one on Smackdown??? if it is i wabt someone on raw to win it maybe Kane but not Gayberg:(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the rumble was great best rumble i've eva seen kinda predictable when the final 2 was big slow and chris benoit the rest of the show was pretty dodgy tho rey vs jamie knoble only went for 3 minutes!!!!!

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I just saw this. It was a good show, and the first show I have watched in many years.

No titles changed at all, but especially the HBK vs Triple H was a great match. The Rumble itself was very entertaining, and I was pleased to see Benoit win it.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Contary from popular belief i too think WWE are putting up some decent shows

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I used to follow WWF back in the late 80s and early 90s. Then because of channels losing the rights and me losing some channels, I was suddenly cut off from it for a few years. Then TNT (now TCM) started showing WCW on friday nights. They had a new concept in many ways, and provided a lot of fun. When I then got WWF again, I was really disappointed. They seemed to have lost their touch. Before long, TNT dropped WCW in Europe, and I lost WWF again. Now years later again, I was lucky to see the Royal Rumble from WWE (I guess it's the new name of WWF), and like I said, I don't think it was bad at all. Quite a good show.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
I was also an avid viewer of wrestling from the mid 80's to early 90s. And even though I couldn't care less about wrestling now, I still watch some matches from time to time. And the Wrestlemania still does interest me, but only to a very small extent. I liked wrestling alot better in the kayfabe era, and I didn't like it when they killed kayfabe.

If some of you guys were also fans of wrestling in the kayfabe era, the you might be interested to know that there is a site called kayfabememories.com that is dedicated specificially to this era. Here you can find information about the different regional territories from this era. There are also book and tape reviews.

And the forum of this site is very good. It used to be great, but I guess since most topics have been discussed so many times, some people have lost the interest, and don't go into the same amount of detail that they used to in the past. But if you search for older topics, you can find some great informative posts. There are also wrestlers from time to time on these forums. Some of them are old superstars, and some are enhancement talents/jobbers from that era, who can always tell really interesting stories.

This is the direct link to the WWF forum.

Another site decicated to WWF from the mid 80s to early 90s is oldskoolwwf. Here you can find profiles of WWF wrestlers and managers from this era.

If you want to read detailed WWF PPV reviews from the same era, you can find some very good ones here.

Also 411wrestling.com has some good reviews from the past, but you will have to search for those.

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
I'm not sure I agree. When I got into wrestling in the mid 80s, even if I was very young, I already then thought the Wrestling world was a bit messy. I guess it was would be nice for Wrestling fans living in the USA, having their local Wrestling shows. But for us Europeans it was difficult to see any wrestling before WWF became big, and when we heard about the other federations, it was either briefly or a little bit from WCW.

It's always nice when the best can meet the best, and just like in boxing (although not completely similar) it gets messy when there are too many federations and titles. Different weight titles should be enough.

Thanks a lot for the links though. :)

·
Registered
16,376 Posts
It's really interesting reading about the famous wrestlers from the 80s, I was shocked to find out that Rick Rude is dead though.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Orange said:
It's really interesting reading about the famous wrestlers from the 80s, I was shocked to find out that Rick Rude is dead though.
In the past few months they've been dropping like flies. One of the Legion of Dom/Road Warriors died to:( think it was Hawk and only a month or two after wrestling a match on Raw, shows how quickly they can go. Crash Holly also dieing at a young age was a big surprise.

Droz did a good column about these deaths on wwe.com

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
jimbo jones said:
In the past few months they've been dropping like flies. One of the Legion of Dom/Road Warriors died to:( think it was Hawk and only a month or two after wrestling a match on Raw, shows how quickly they can go. Crash Holly also dieing at a young age was a big surprise.

Droz did a good column about these deaths on wwe.com

Crash ;(

He was my favourite I have to admit.

Luckily enough I got to see him and the Bulldog at Insurrextion in 2000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts