Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roy Keane has been sent home following his recent spats with the coaching staff and his criticism of the FAI.

Your comments ladies and gentlemen...

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
good riddance. rumour has it that the rest of the players burst into a round of applause when he was told to bugger off. rumour of course. too disruptive and influence regardless of his ability

·
Registered
116 Posts
Rumor also has it that the teams of Germany, Cameroon and Saudi Arabia also burst into a round of applause when they heard the news. Ireland are finished without Keane.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
It's amazing news, a big loss for Ireland, but still they are capable of performing well at the Cup.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
Keane is God said:
Rumor also has it that the teams of Germany, Cameroon and Saudi Arabia also burst into a round of applause when they heard the news. Ireland are finished without Keane.
Turn it Up KIG , Roy Keane is nothing but a whingeing Biatch !!!!!!!
IMO The Republic is better of without him , & now they can prepare properly without hearing all the complaining from the F*cken spoilt brat

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I agree. Amidst the national disaster reporting on the tv last night I saw this shrink being interviewed and he reckons that now the hoor is gone that the others will compete and train together as equals and that performances may even improve. Yeah yeah I know thats all theoretical but I think there's too much hysteria involved and I hear the team arrived in Japan today in great spirits anyway. Now the hard work starts. If Keane had cooled his jets he would now be sweating blood on the training pitch as he wanted in Saipan instead of sitting in tokyo airports departure lounge.

He's now an ex-Irishman.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
The theory of No-one-is-bigger-than-the-team is always there and Keane knows it well.

It was also reported that Kean took the MU jet home. Seems like the one who is really cheering is Fergie.

N

·
0 Posts
This all happened because Keane doesn't respect Mick MacCarthy. It's always intrigued me how Sir Alexander manages to keep him in check but it all boils down to respect.

I don't think Keane was paticularly keen (for the love of God, no pun intended) on playing for the Republic and his dissatisfaction compiled with his ever present problems regarding his short-fused temper brought out the inevitable. McCarthy did what he had to do and Keane left him no choice.

Losing your best player is always a blow but if he's going act like a spolit brat, throwing tantrums left and right and demoralizing the team then give him the boot.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Well, on paper at least, its great new for the rest of the group! lets see how Ireland re-group now without him.

Would have love to see Keano and Shalhoob go for the same ball though! :D that would have been a site to see ;)

·
Registered
862 Posts
It's all very well saying 'The team are better off without him' and 'their all glad he's gone', but wait til they get onto the pitch. Nerves'll kick in and the players will look about for inspiration & support. But the man that can provide that is back home with his wife and kids. He is, without a doubt, one of the greatest players in the world. Maybe not so technically skilled as Figo or Zidane, but he wears his heart on his sleeve. He plays with a pride and passion no other player can match. And this is the view of a Newcastle fan!!!

Dont get me wrong, I respect MM. He had no other choice, and it was Keano who pushed him to the limits & forced this outcome, but my point is, the players shouldn't be so quick to celebrate their captain's absence.

I wonder wot has filled Keane with so much hatred towards the Irish manager?

·
International
9,526 Posts
Well I don't respect McCarthy, I think he's a [email protected], and he should have managed the whole situation a hell of a lot better. His days are numbered in my opinion. Without Keane, the Republics chances aren't brilliant for getting to the QFs, but, having said that, I still think they can qualify from their group. A loss to Cameroon would be bad, but I can see a win over Saudi and the possibility of a win over Germany too.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
I know it's far too late, but someone just pointed out to me that Ireland's first game against Cameroon was in the Fukuroi stadium.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts