1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The mighty have fallen. And Roy's about hit rock bottom:

Wizards waive forward Lassiter

May 21, 2002

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- Roy Lassiter, Major League Soccer's career scoring leader, was waived by the Kansas City Wizards.

The team cut the 33-year-old Lassiter on Tuesday, along with forward Gary Glasgow of Trinidad and Tobago, to make room on the roster for striker Igor Simutenkov of Russia.

Lassiter scored 88 goals during six seasons with Tampa Bay, D.C. United, Miami and Kansas City.

Lassiter came to the Wizards in a trade with the Miami Fusion before the 2001 season. He appeared in 25 games for Kansas City, scoring seven goals and adding one assist.

Glasgow joined the Wizards prior to the 2000 season. He appeared in 32 games, with five goals and seven assists in three seasons.

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
I also posted this 10 hrs ago in the Wiz Thread

May 21, 2002

KANSAS CITY, Missouri (AP) -- Roy Lassiter, Major League Soccer's career scoring leader, was waived by the Kansas City Wizards.

The team cut the 33-year-old Lassiter on Tuesday, along with forward Gary Glasgow of Trinidad and Tobago, to make room on the roster for striker Igor Simutenkov of Russia.

Lassiter scored 88 goals during six seasons with Tampa Bay, D.C. United, Miami and Kansas City.

Lassiter came to the Wizards in a trade with the Miami Fusion before the 2001 season. He appeared in 25 games for Kansas City, scoring seven goals and adding one assist.

Glasgow joined the Wizards prior to the 2000 season. He appeared in 32 games, with five goals and seven assists in three seasons.

Roy needs Valderrama feeding him balls all day..without El Pibe Roy is like a crippled man !!!!!

:cool:

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Bad News for Lassiter

As I recall he had problems with the law in college too:

Former MLS star charged with writing bad check

June 5, 2002

OLATHE, Kansas (AP) -- American Major League Soccer's career scoring leader Roy Lassiter has been charged with writing a bad check for dlrs 9,000 to a car dealership.

Lassiter, 33, made his first appearance Tuesday in Johnson County District Court after he was arrested on the charge last month and posted bond.

Lassiter allegedly wrote the check in November to Aristocrat Motor Co. in the Kansas City suburb of Merriam, according to the complaint filed by prosecutors.

He was not required to enter a plea at Tuesday's court appearance. His next appearance is scheduled for June 13.

Lassiter was released last month by the Kansas City Wizards, who obtained him in a trade with Miami before the 2001 season. He scored 88 goals in six seasons with Tampa Bay, D.C. United, Miami and Kansas City

·
94,478 Posts
As soon as I saw the report on yahoo I came back here and you had already posted the news..
Yes in ..NC he was arrested for breaking and entering and apartment... Nuts !!!
Its a shame....I wonder if he'll stick to soccer some time more, he did fairly well in Costa Rica few years back. ;)

·
94,478 Posts
D.C. United acquires Roy Lassiter

June 19, 2002

CHANTILLY, Virginia (AP) -- Roy Lassiter, Major League Soccer's leading career scorer, has been acquired by D.C. United.

The 33-year-old Lassiter has 88 goals and 35 assists in his seven-year career for Tampa Bay (1996-98), United (1998-99), Miami (2000) and Kansas City (2001). He scored 36 goals in his previous two seasons in Washington.

Lassiter appeared in two games for Kansas City this season, going scoreless in 61 minutes of play before he was released last month.

He will be available for Wednesday night's game against the Colorado Rapids at RFK Stadium.

Was this Hudson's Idea ??????? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts