Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, he has got the brains of a bag of spanners but is he the greatest all round midfielder in the world??

Definetly as far as I'm concerned. All those who love Keano, salute him here!!!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Welcome aboard we're glad to have you!

Keano is fastastic, he's a fantastic passer of the ball, he's a great leader, he's always in the right places off the ball and he's got great vision. I love how he doesn't take no crap. I loved the one clash between himself and Veira where he taught that @ hole just who is the meanest dog on the midfield.

I think Roy is the second best overall midfielder though. I think Veron edges him out a bit. Veron has a better shot and is a great crosser off the ball. He's defensive skills are also better.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I would have to agree, Keano is the best mid-fielder and I think he even stands over Veron. He has a great vision of the game, we don't see it very often but when he goes for that goal with his shot, wham!!! It is soo powerful and with dead accuracy. I would have to say he is #1 in my books, then again, my books are coverd in Eire and Leeds players! Biest, nah!:tongue:

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
I would have to agree, Keano is the best mid-fielder and I think he even stands over Veron. He has a great vision of the game, we don't see it very often but when he goes for that goal with his shot, wham!!! It is soo powerful and with dead accuracy. I would have to say he is #1 in my books, then again, my books are coverd in Eire and Leeds players! Biest, nah!:tongue:

PS: Welcome Cokane!!!:D :tongue: ;)

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Welcome aboard we're glad to have you! "

Cheers Romire!

I can't agree that Veron is a better midfielder than Keano. The only area that he is above Keane is on his offensive passing.

Keane is IMO the best positional player in the world -he is always in the right place when ManU/Ireland are under pressure and he always provides an option for a teammate who is under pressure whilst in possession of the ball.

A lot of people that I have spoken with on other boards are of the opinion that Patrick Vieira is a better midfield player than Keane. This is ludicrous as Vieira is almost completely defensively minded and provides nothing going forward.

Keane rarely loses possession of the ball and if he does, he usually wins it back again straight away. I think he will be one of the stars of the up and coming World Cup - with any luck he will lift it also.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I was born here in Canada actually, cruelly cut off from my 2 loves (Ireland & Romania) by fate. But I shall make my glorious return someday when the sun shines bright on dale and barrow. Oh eropu, eropu te iubesc. Europe the land of my ancestors, land of my soul. How much longer will my excile here last, europe my love eropu my home.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Jazis, flights aren't that expensive, man!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
He he he well I have a flair for the dramatic sometimes, I enjoy it though. As for air fair, I don't make enough money to live on my own nevermind anything else. The economy is not good for young people in Canada. Despite my B.A. (or because of it) I was unemployed for 2 years. And the only job I could find was working with my father in a very small accounting buisness which lost a lot of buisness after 9-11. So how are things in Ireland economically speaking. I'd love to move their perminantly to tell you the truth and I am putting money aside but it is very slow as I don't make much beyond my expenses.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Romire and leeds_utd_lad

Are you guys Irish living abroad??
No way!:tongue: I'm an Aussie but my Grandparents etc are Irish. So I have a love for the country. I have been there twice and I really like it, I have friends over there and all of my ancestors are buried there in Clare... I will go back again someday...:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts