Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roy Keane played last night for 20 minutes or so in the CL game against Leverkusen. I was happy that he was able to be back playing competative football but beleive you me I was biting my nails the entire time. Do you think it was too soon? As an Irishman I would not have used him in that game. It was a great game, I was cheering for Lever until Roy showed up on the field ;)

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
It's good to see Keane back;)

Pity Leverkusen couldn't whip Utd's ass last night though:D Still they got 2 away goals so it ain't that bad!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup second games in Lever, it should rock. Although I've got this bad feeling in the back of my throat that Man U. are going to luck through by the skin of their teeth yet again.

Sorry about Barca :( what do you think their chances are of coming back are. Hey I've seen that Rochemback kid a couple of times and I'm very impressed. All Barca has to do to be successful is off load every dutchman on the team.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
I think Utd. will get through aswell:(

Poor old Barca:depress: I don't think they have a chance of getting to the final now but maybe we can get a narrow win in the Bernabeu. I don't think they deserved to be beaten by 2 goals but that's what you get for missing easy chances and for playing 2 men at the back against Madrid:( I told everyone Rochemback was good:) Now everybody is beginning to see why;) Madrids first goal came when Roch went off the field for a minute, injured. He was covering the defence's as* all day.....he goes for two minutes and they let Madrid score. Pathetic is what it was.

I agree......Overmars, Cocu, De Boer and Reizeger should be sold. They are all so average:(

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
you said it, not me

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saviola rocks but the coach wasn't playing him in the right place against Real, he's a Centre Forward not a wing foward. Kleivert has sucked in the Champs league, I don't know what he's done in the league but in the Champs league he's blown. All due respect to Dutch football but I don't think its a good idea to have too many Dutch guys on a top team like Barca. Here are players who constantly choke for their national team when they really need them and they think its going to be any different in the league when they put so many of them together? Glad to see Luis Enrique back he's probably my favorite Spanish player. Awhile back Barca were interested in Chivu but Ajax wouldn't let him go. There are now new attempts to get him, are Barca one of them again. I'd like him to go to Barca.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, I watched Roy vs Ipswich in the EPL. He played well and had a cracker of a shot but it rebounded off the woodwork. I think he is really getting into it and will be more than ready for the World Cup.

I think Utd. will get through aswell
No way! Bayer Laverkusen will take it away and meet Madrid in the final! (and win it) I'm sure of it, they have 2 away goals so it really helps them. I don't want to see Man U wi it even if our old boy Keane does play for em'...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I hope your right, Roy Keane or not I don't want Man U. in it. A Lever-Real matchup would be tasty. Lever has the potential of winning it all if they can get past Man U. Could you imagine, Dortmund winning the UEFA cup and Leverkusen winning the CL. And people say German soccer sucks.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
:howler: I predicted right! Bayer go through and to glory they march...:tongue:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank god no more Man U. Great goal by Roy though. Thats always a huge conflict of interest. Yea! Roy scores, great job lad, boo Man U. scores, you magnificant Irish [email protected]

I hope Lever takes it all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts