1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spurs linked to more coaches

By Danny Griffiths
Date: 5/1/2004

BAYERN MUNICH coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has ruled himself out of the running for the vacancy at Tottenham. But former Blackburn boss Roy...

Your Location: Home > Latest News

Spurs linked to more coaches
By Danny Griffiths for THEspursweb.com

BAYERN MUNICH coach Ottmar Hitzfeld has ruled himself out of the running for the vacancy at Tottenham.

But former Blackburn boss Roy Hodgson has revealed he would be interested in becoming the successor to Glenn Hoddle.

Hitzfeld, linked with the England post last week should Sven Goran Eriksson depart, wants to stay with Bayern until his contract expires in 2005.

He said: "Several people from England have called who are interested in me. But to talk about it now is hypothetical."

But ex-Switzerland boss Hodgson told the BBC: "Spurs are a big club. It's one of England's top clubs and if they decide that I'm the man for them then I would be very flattered.

"At the moment it's only speculation because I have had no contact. It's a bit like asking me if I was interested in coaching Juventus or Barcelona.''

Hodgson admitted he would love a return to England after spells abroad with Udinese and Inter Milan and added: "I will come back to England initially because that is where my home is.

"The great advantage of coaching in England is the language. The older you get the harder it gets to coach in a foreign language."

Hodgson's contract with the UAE expires in May, when he will join UEFA's technical committee during the European Championships in Portugal.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hodgson axed by UAE

Former Inter boss Roy Hodgson is looking for a new job. The English tactician has been sacked by the United Arab Emirates after just two wins from six games.

channel4

1 - 2 of 2 Posts