Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Current:Third and fourth placed teams go to the Champions League

Votes: 6 33.3%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's getting more and more easier to get in to Europe now particularly in the English league. The FA Cup, League Cup, the first 5 places garentee a spot somewhere in Europe. Usually teams who win the FA Cup and League Cup are the same teams that get in to the Champions League so the runners up get a shot at Europe. I'm a big lover of the UEFA Cup and I do not view the competition as second rate. We used to have all the third and fourth placed teams that went in and made the competition what it was. Now it appears to be a dumping ground for teams like Austria (who?).
The UEFA Champions League seems to have benefited from the new sytem though, Milan a couple of seasons back finished fourth in Serie A and went on to beat Juventus in the following season. Should they have been there in the first place though? I want the UEFA Cup to be exciting again, I want the competition to mean something to the fans and to the managers. Would you like to bring back the old system or are you happy with the current situation?

Vote....

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
I've voted for the "Current:Third and fourth placed teams go to the Champions League" I think is going allright.

·
Registered
70,108 Posts
Ummm I´d say the old system.

For me, the two first in the league and the champion in the Cup should go to CL...as maximum.

The UEFA Cup could be "reinforced" with big teams in this way too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts