Xtratime Community banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
oh but johan thats like the classic way our team plays in attack....30 attempts and 1 goal:D and thats a several decades tradition :proud: tbh i think that 2nd half they tried from all angles, just didnt happen ,and i was kind of relieved becasue i think the frenchies are so blood thirsty for us they would pull an embarassing result in the quarters:D
The Frenchies were made to look better by Argentina, tbh. They left so many open spaces for Mmmbop, Greaseman, and Pogs to exploit. The real test will come against Uruguay, which is a team with actual organisation and discipline.

·
Registered
13,826 Posts

·
Administrator
11,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
Cancelo was not picked, nor Semedo, two surprise omissions from the team.

Unless you are some world class player like the good Pirlo years that kind of player in middle of pitch needs to be quicker, vertical or box to box. William is not that and it doesn't work in the very modern times. To me he did some good things but not enough, if William is playing that spot then another one needs to complement him kind of like the 2 in 4-2-3-1.

·
Registered
44,972 Posts
I thought I missed something! Why wasn't this guy played? Afaik he's solid for Inter. @Firdaus
He's hit and miss but can be very good when he's on. Needs a team to defend around him though because he's a bit turnover-prone.

LCF is also mad because K-Dog isn't playing for France.

·
Administrator
25,359 Posts
Sad to see Portugal go out since they're a quality team and might have switched things up later on. This WC seems to have a lot more quality than the past couple.

yes, i think we will improve, new players keep appearing, all new generation ahead...2 concerns though...we only have one full back coming up so far, ruben dias who didnt play and wasnt really needed...and only one striker in andré silva who still has a lot of work ahead..its very short...also we need to develop one of the current guys into a proper 10...

this wc been very enteartinaing from the games i've watched, goals, competitiveness, surprising results, its been good imo

·
Registered
12,161 Posts
In group stages, Uruguay lacked a #10. Bentancur as pseudo 10 with Torreira taking his place is a good solution.

Good spine and defense, solid. This type of teams can go deep in a tourno.

Might be interesting next round but French squad prolly too strong for them. Deschamps France's only weakness.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
In group stages, Uruguay lacked a #10. Bentancur as pseudo 10 with Torreira taking his place is a good solution.

Good spine and defense, solid. This type of teams can go deep in a tourno.

Might be interesting next round but French squad prolly too strong for them. Deschamps France's only weakness.
That might just be close enough for Uru.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
A friend of mine bet France when they were 2-1 down vs. los gauchos. I though that was a bold move, I for myself didn't see that much craft in France.

·
Registered
32,242 Posts
I wasnt surprised at all that France would score more and catch Argentina. Uruguay is a very different team of course, more quality and much more balance.

45-55 in France's favour imo.

141 - 151 of 151 Posts