Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
This is going to be interesting. But realistically, this should be Uruguay's game. They have the defensive line that can suffocate their attack. Portugal will rely A LOT on creating set piece opportunities for CR7. They'll need more help and creativity, Silva will be there to poach something, will they turn to Quaresma to whip something up out of nowhere? Uruguay's defense and having top strikers in Suarez and Cavani who have great chemistry will be overwhelming. Probably Uruguay 2-1.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Portugal is suspect. I don't like how they're playing. Spain and Morocco should've murdered them and Iran was a sitter away from eliminating them. I like Uruguay's chances in this game. They thrive in these kind of matches.

·
Registered
69,200 Posts
This has penalty kicks written all over it and probably another stop-start game with a ton of little fouls here and there, needs a strong ref unlike today's Iran-Portugal match. Would like to see Uruguay advance as I cant stand Portugal anymore with their fluke results

·
Registered
13,939 Posts
I think Portugal will be a bite too big to chew for Uruguay. That being said, Uruguay always seems to show up for the WC, they seem to have a taste for blood coming into the tournament. I'm sure that Suarez is chomping at the bit to play against his La Liga nemesis here.
If Uruguay win, it will be by the skin of their teeth.:err:

·
Registered
69,813 Posts
If Godin or Gimenez don't break the leg of that Portuguese primadonna they aren't real Uruguayans.

·
Registered
7,509 Posts
Ronaldo magic + a lil' help from FIFA = Portugal goes thru.

Uruguay didn't show up until the 3rd match & Cavani was shit even vs Russia.
Well, that's the way they are in the group. They're usually content with a 1-0 with minimum effort as possible. They are conservative as hell. If you give them a golden opportunity out of the blue, of course they'll take it for that 2nd goal, but that's optional for them. Knock out stages though they'll usually be more aggressive and pick it up a notch.

·
Registered
58,781 Posts
Uruguay's midfield doesn't look creative imo

·
Registered
58,781 Posts
Who is Ricardo, the Portuguese RB? Never heard of him.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts