Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
We're undefeated in 18 or 19 matches, number 12 in the world, just beat number 11 and drew against number 7 in the toughest group of the WC (3 top 15 teams). Now up against number 20. Should be easy :lala:

·
Registered
17,498 Posts
Croatia with 1 goal difference.

·
Registered
44,820 Posts
Denmark being severely underestimated, imo.

They had a couple of tough moments vs Peru but they were never anything but in the driver's seat. The team might look weak overall on paper but there's discipline and organization to this team. They deserve a lot of credit for what they do off-the-ball.

Croatia has the quality to do it but Denmark is definitely a harder team to face than Argentina.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Denmark being severely underestimated, imo.

They had a couple of tough moments vs Peru but they were never anything but in the driver's seat. The team might look weak overall on paper but there's discipline and organization to this team. They deserve a lot of credit for what they do off-the-ball.

Croatia has the quality to do it but Denmark is definitely a harder team to face than Argentina.

Argentina, even in current form, is WAY tougher team to face then Denmark... did you see the game yesterday? Croatia dismantled Argentina so everyone thinks they were horrid but look how they were vs Nigeria and France, clearly they have some quality but Croatia was just much too superior and made them look pathetic

Reminder:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
After outplaying Messi, it's now time for Modric vs Eriksen. This will be fun! :excited:

·
Registered
44,820 Posts
I watched the game and they left so much open space for France to exploit. If Guivarc'h, I mean Giroud was clinical, they might have been thumped. French defence wasn't amazing either...but the scoreline flattered the Argies. Did you see the occasions where Greaseman decided not to continue the fast break but checked back to slow the game down? He even directed other players to play keep ball instead of trying to attack. France could have done more damage.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
I watched the game and they left so much open space for France to exploit. If Guivarc'h, I mean Giroud was clinical, they might have been thumped. French defence wasn't amazing either...but the scoreline flattered the Argies. Did you see the occasions where Greaseman decided not to continue the fast break but checked back to slow the game down? He even directed other players to play keep ball instead of trying to attack. France could have done more damage.
It 4-2 when that happened. Of course they would try and play possession.

·
Registered
44,820 Posts
It 4-2 when that happened. Of course they would try and play possession.
Except I'm not talking about whether they should have played possession or not. I'm talking about the decision to play possession as a fact in the circumstances.

The circumstances being that France still had Arg on the sword and split open with lots of time to go.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
Not really. We were able to score a great goal, Peru weren’t. Schmeichel took care of everything that came our way. That isn’t luck. That’s a mix of a great keeper and poor finishing.
In terms of general game management you guys looked poor vs Peru.

Same vs Australia as well tbh.

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Except I'm not talking about whether they should have played possession or not. I'm talking about the decision to play possession as a fact in the circumstances.

The circumstances being that France still had Arg on the sword and split open with lots of time to go.

Heads up, I'm stealing this in the near future!

Reactions: Firdaus
1 - 20 of 183 Posts