Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Valverde awarded the Ramón Cobo trophy by the RFEF for 2013-14 La Liga Manager of the Year, ironically enough after the worst week of his tenure here at Athletic. Congrats to Txingurri. I have faith he'll turn this around eventually. I just don't know how soon. :(

In Segunda, Fernando Vázquez from Deportivo La Coruña won the award. Not a bad choice but how does Gaizka Garitano get snubbed for what he's done at Eibar, two years in a row no less?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
We are 8 games in and still well in the drop zone...this isn't a dip,it's a big problem.

16th in defending abilty and 18th in scoring goals.

We are in real trouble..big ****ing trouble and there is nothing positive to extract from any performance.

We aren't being unlucky,playing well and getting mugged late on...we are getting humiliated in every match.

This decline is staggering,absolutely staggering.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Did anyone see the entire game? I only watched the highlights (since I was out with a girl from Bilbao when the game was played haha) but we seemed pretty dangerous compared to the previous games and the loss of points was a matter of luck, which does seem like an improvement...also from what Ive heard De Marcos seems like the best candidate for media punta position after his performance..can anyone give their opinion on that?

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Did anyone see the entire game? I only watched the highlights (since I was out with a girl from Bilbao when the game was played haha) but we seemed pretty dangerous compared to the previous games and the loss of points was a matter of luck, which does seem like an improvement...also from what Ive heard De Marcos seems like the best candidate for media punta position after his performance..can anyone give their opinion on that?
I hope you looked after her!

Re the match,what is most disturbing is that we had the perfect start.

1-0 after 6 mins.

Our problem has been breaking down teams who "park the bus" and try and steal a goal and drop deeper.

The fact that they had to play offensively so early in the game should have allowed us more space to exploit an attacking threat.

We didn't.

These are the games last year that would have been over and other teams would have felt deflated.

No one fears us now and that shows.

San Mamés is no longer a fortress....more like a sand castle with the tide rushing in.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Many a tide has been turned though...

...and we have been in a worse position more often than not.

Just disappointing with the expectation this season provided.

Far too early to be talking about relegation battles but at least we have the experience and as everyone knows I find them compelling and utterly exhilarating!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Also, this joke with Toquero must end. The guy scored last time in the 11-12 campaign. Why the hell have we signed Kike Sola and Viguera? And if we don't want Kike Sola, why didn't we sell him? For his looks?

We definately need a good attacker, it is more than obvious. And we depserately need a win to boost our morale.

·
Registered
232 Posts
You can buy a ticket in the internet, I know someone bought one for €50 in the north stand.

Otherwise the taquillas are open.

Viernes 17 de octubre de 17:30 a 20:00 horas.
Sábado 18 de octubre de 10:30 a 13:00 y a partir de las 16:00 horas.

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=14642&idi=1

https://ticket.kutxabank.es/AthleticClub/public/janto/main.php?Idioma=ES
Thanks Knoert!

Do you know what the procedure is with collecting tickets bought on-line? Do you have to go to the taquillas to collect them or can you simply print off a barcode at home?

I eventually bought a ticket from the taquillas. All the cheapest tickets had gone so I had to spend 60 euros, but it was worth it because I had a decent view.

The new stadium was very impressive of course, but maybe lacked the aura of magic and history that the old stadium had.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts