Aupa Athletic!

Listen online * Punto Radio
El Partido en Directo

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would put up a 4-5-1 formation today.

With Yeste in the free role behind Llorente the second.. :-o

Susaeta is a better choice than Gabilondo as a winger for better speed in couter attacks

Why was Javí not in the startin lineup last week?

Orbaiz is to preffer at center alongside Javí.

David López is in a renessance so put him on the left wing again.

We havent won in Sevilla since 93/94 and we have 5 consecutive losses...

NOTHING speaks to our advantage today. (well, mayby tired legs since the UEFA qualifier..)

So we will probbly win.. ;-)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Athletics official gives the following linuep:

Athletic 4-5-1
Iraizoz
Iraola, Ocio, Amoerbieta, Balenziaga
Gabilondo, Orbaiz, Yeste, JavíM, DavidL
Llorente

Bench: Lafuente, Susaeta, Ustariz, Garmendia, Muñoz, Ion Vélez and Gurpegi

·
Registered
421 Posts
Linup from athletic-club.es

Athletic 4-5-1
Iraizoz
Iraola, Ocio, Amoerbieta, Balenziaga
Gabilondo, Orbaiz, Yeste, JavíM, DavidL
Llorente

Bench: Lafuente, Susaeta, Ustariz, Garmendia, Muñoz, Ion Vélez & Gurpegi

EDIT: So happy about it so I dubbled post it... ;-) Weill if Susaeta enters I am contento...

·
Registered
736 Posts
Would like to see Velez now. WE have nothing too loose, and Llorente is too lonely up there...
Gabilondo out and Susaeta in. Gabilondo has been terrible. Got some room on his side, but didn't doo anything with it...

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Terrible :(

What can change this? Today we wasnt even close and now we meet Barcelona who beat Atletico 6-1 yesterday, i hope this series of matches dont destroy all condidence.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have a theory that a team that win with a lot of goals will loose the next game. Barsa will think they are better than they are, and will therefore face problems at San Mames. But I will probably be at San Mames, and I have never seen a victory there:(

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
Another bad result then. :(

Looks like we are playing well but not scoring goals, the decision to sell Aduriz is looking a very bad one already.

While I didn't think we would get many points from the though run of games, the main thing was to play well to maintain the confidence. After losing 4-0 today, if we get hammered by Barca at home I can see the confidence taking a bit hit. And then if our confidence is really low when we have the 'easier' games I can see us struggling.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Actually I don't see Aduriz doing much difference. He wasn't exactly a goal garantuee last year.
Velez is playing as well as Aduriz; the problem is that the whole team lacks confidence in front of the goal, exactly as last autumn...

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I agree, selling Aduriz may not have been the best option, but it shouldn't make the team worse, he didn't get so many goals last season and we wouldn't be on a higher position if we would've kept him. We should have signed Joseba Llorente, that would have been another story.

But I don't think that signing players would change the situation we're in, the team is being very modest and we're missing so many chances, I think it's the coach's responsibility to change the situation, practise finishing a lot for example. The team is good enough, we just have to start scoring when we're supposed to, and of course yesterday was a totally humiliating and unacceptable performance.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Signing Llorente would probably give the whole team a boost, and improve the whole team in attack. The problem seems to be in their heads, not in their feet.

Did Javi Martínez play yesterday? Didn't see him before his injury. Anyone knows how serious it is?

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I know Aduriz wasn't a 20 goal a season striker but I just get the feeling he may have put away some of the chances others have missed so far.

I am also a fan of Joseba Llorente and feel he would have been a massive signing for us, but looking back and now knowing about our financial situation, could we have afforded him? Would he have joined us anyway?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts