Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
But the game was not bad, both teams had chances, imho we was slightly better. Unfortunately Vagner was not usual himself, I think it was because he is just after injury.
MoM in CSKA - Vasya Berezutsky.

·
Registered
66,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But the game was not bad, both teams had chances, imho we was slightly better. Unfortunately Vagner was not usual himself, I think it was because he is just after injury.
MoM in CSKA - Vasya Berezutsky.
But the disturbing trend of lack of goals scored continues. We're now 10 points behind Rubin I believe.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
A little disturbing, yes. But for example when last year we had 5 matches in row without scoring, it was more disturbing because there were not even occassions to score. Now we have excellent moments but either the ball is going wide/over or opposite keepers are making miracles. So we're in better situation. And 10 points... 3 our wins, 3 Rubin losses - and it will be only 1 point.

·
Registered
66,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A little disturbing, yes. But for example when last year we had 5 matches in row without scoring, it was more disturbing because there were not even occassions to score. Now we have excellent moments but either the ball is going wide/over or opposite keepers are making miracles. So we're in better situation. And 10 points... 3 our wins, 3 Rubin losses - and it will be only 1 point.
Rubin will fall off and we can only hope that we bounce back. We have alot more talent than them and there's no excuse for our lack of points and goals. Jo and Vagner are out of form unfortunatley. The topic of a playmaker has to come up again.

·
Registered
66,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Our midfield today consisted of Aldoninn, Rahimic, Zhirkov, Krasic and Odiah. Where's the creativity? Zhirkov and Krasic are great we all know that, but where's the general in the central midfield?

What's Kalouda's situation?

·
Registered
66,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just saw the replay. Entertaining match with us being just a little better imo.

Hard to say who our best player was, Zhirkov maybe.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Just saw the replay. Entertaining match with us being just a little better imo.

Hard to say who our best player was, Zhirkov maybe.
Yeah, I just saw the replay too. I can't believe that the match ended 0-0; definitely one of the more entertaining scoreless draws that I have seen. I really think CSKA missed Dudu in midfield; the absence of his energy and workrate allowed Lokomotiv to spring some dangeorus counterattacks. And I definitely think CSKA need a playmaker to start; it seems like Jo and Vagner are really frustrated at the lack of service. They constantly have to dribble in from deep positions rather than just receiving the ball near the box where they like it. Jo definitely could have scored off of Zhirkov's cross, and Vagner showed good instincts to pounce on the Levenets error early in the match. Finally, I think Milos continues to frustrate with his lack of vision; he is a great dribbler, but he never seems to spot open teammates.

For Loko, I thought Odemwingie was tremendous. That guy is a great player, and he delivered 3-4 wonderful crosses that almost resulted in goals. He's exactly the type of player that Zenit could use right now (although they wouldn't want a black player unfortunately). I also thought Spahic was solid at left back.

Good match, and a typically competitive Moscow derby. Neither side will be completely satisfied with a point, but then again, either side could have won this match. Now CSKA must focus on beating Luch-Energia in Vladivostok. It's never easy to travel to the far east of Russia, but I expect CSKA to earn the full 3 points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts