Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 347 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the paper, the most difficult match from here to the end. Barça just needs 6 points to achieve the title. We could even win La Liga in this match, if Real Madrid loses at home against Racing and we win in Mestalla... but it sounds difficult. Anyway, first match ball.

A victory in Mestalla would be almost definitive, because we would finish with the last hopes of the madridismo. In any case, it won't be easy. Valencia is not having its best season, but they still have a lot of quality in the team and they just recovered their best player last season: Vicente.

Currently Valencia is 5th, 2 points far from the CL places, so their motivation will be high. Besides, historically, Barça is Valencia's main rival. Mestalla is never an easy place, we've lost very often in this stadium in the last years, although we won last year with a goal by Gerard.

They're not as reliable in defense as they were in the last 4 or 5 years. Besides, they have a lot of problems to score a goal. In any case, the base of this team is the one that gave them 2 Liga titles in the last 3 years, so don't dismiss their quality, despite their bad moment.

We will recover Xavi, so I guess that we'll play with the usual midfield, with Marquez, Xavi and Deco. Unless we have any injury during the week, the team will be the usual XI.

If we don't want to suffer much, we better win here. Sunday at 19:00 (local time).

GUANYEU PER NOSALTRES. FORÇA BARÇA! :scream:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
It would be fantastic if we would win. But I will not blame the players if we lose, because I remember their foul play last time..

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
What about Marquez with Puyol in the back and Motta at the DM spot?

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Unoriginal Prick said:
Valencia 2 - 0 Barsux
OMFG !!11!! That Was SO FUNNY !!!!! !11111! Eleven !!1!

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I wouldnt mind drawing against Valencia, we need to make sure that we go out there with the right mentality, we need to attack and get all of our chances in front of goal. We can not afford to lose la liga at this point.

We lose, we give real alot of hope. They are playing on Saturday and we are playing on Sunday which will also give us some motivation towards the upcoming match!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Valencia must win this game if they want to keep their CL qualifacation hopes alive so we have to be at our best best. :fero:
i expect a very open game because both teams will attack and will look for the 3pts.

:stuckup: SOM-HI NOIS :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
fc barcelona said:
i expect a very open game because both teams will attack and will look for the 3pts.
If both teams attack as you said, there will be strong chances for a Barça win.

But I think that Valencia will gonna play a-la Chelsea or Madrid. Waiting in defense to launch counter-attacks. In that scenario, I'm not so confident.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
Valencia is having their season at the end, they are near CL next season, and they want it too bad, still 4 games hope going for them, and they don't want to lose.

with Vicente come back, they'll have much better chances in attack.
we must enter the game with good mentality, and think about it as a chance to snatch LA LIGA, and not take any risck.
they'll play open game, so we'll be in our best style to attack back, we still have the chances as usual, this time we must take them.

they have bad attacking times now, still Di Vaio and Vicente plus Mista could make too much problems to us.

we could put in Motta and take Marquez back to the CB, as some said.
with Xavi is back, so we could control midfield more than having Iniesta in it.

we need the 3 Points, and they need it, so its who gonna take it.

we must go to them and win at their ground, and its not going to be easy task.

must win to be LA LIGA Champions

SOM-HI BARCA :strong:

VISCA EL BARCA :strong: :heart: :fero:

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
true mate and i still remember all that action last time at the mestella where that gerrad header just won it for us............

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
We always win in Mestalla :cool

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
so what it is frankie daddy at the helm and etoo upfront marchena better watch ur ass......................

1 - 20 of 347 Posts