Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BARCELONA BLAUGRANA

Let's send them to Segunda, the place where they should be for years. We need to win espanyol and wait for a miracle. We must take care, they are playing well lately. At least, De la Peña won't play. Can anyone recall last time they won us at the Nou Camp?

Head: 2-1
Heart: 4-0

·
Registered
967 Posts
yes , it was 1983! the espanyol players are quite confident considering how shit they are, sanchez libre might be in the palco! we are going to win but lets not be over confident like matches against villarreal when we drew. i love having a team like espanyol in Barcelona, to take the piss out of them!!!
Heart : 3-0
Head: 4-1

·
Registered
69,729 Posts
We use to win Espanyol without problems in Camp Nou. I think we´ll win this time as well. De la Peña is one of their main players, so it´s good that he won´t play. But I don´t want to see Espanyol in Segunda.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Look out for cLaUdiU rAdUcAnU! :strong:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Maby it's just me, but I always fear of teams who are bottom table and struggle to remain in Primera.
And against these teams we play remaining games. Next is Espanyol then Celta, Racing and Zaragoza.

The table:

15 Racing 39
16 Zaragoza 39
17 Valladolid 37
18 Espanyol 37
19 Celta 36
20 Murcia 20

Every team we play need the points badly.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Barcawinner said:
I don't understand the hate against Espanyol. They are Cataluñan and they have some former Barcelona players.
Please, tell me that I just didn't read that?! Do you have any knowledge at all about this club? Apparently not since you just wrote that.

Their fans can scream "Real Madrid" during the match as much as they want to. We all know that thet are shit and don't stand a chanse.

De la Peña is their best player and the only reason they still have a chanse to avoid religation. Without him they really suck. Especially since they don't seem to find any use of the talent of Óscar.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I don't understand the hate against Espanyol. They are Cataluñan and they have some former Barcelona players.
You've got to be kidding me dude!!!!! You'd better read Barca, A People's Passion by Jimmy Burn's, he'll expain it to you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Barcawinner said:
:eek: :eek: Give me a break man. And YOU say that I dont know what I am talking about? :D

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think our worst enemy will be ourselves. I hope the side don't get too complacent after the fantastic win in Madrid.

De la Peña's absence is a big blow for Espanyol, but Tamudo has the potential to be a handful.

But don't expect an attacking Espanyol - with their weak side, defending will be their only option and they will happy to salvage a point. We have to attack from the start and if we produce a performance similar to the 1st half against Malaga, then we will have no problems.

So lets beat these losers! :fero:

Head: Barcelona 0-0 Espanyol.
Heart: Barcelona 4-0 Espanyol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Do Espanyol HAVE to win this game or will a point do for them? (sorry, I don't know their posotion and haven't even bothered to check)

The only times we have dropped points recently is when teams have tried to defend en masse at Camp Nou, when a team tries to win against us, we defend well and hit on the counter attack and usually win (this is of course a huge contrast to about 5 years ago, when we couldn't defend for toffee but would attack like hell, but then, that's another story).

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
And still I have no answer. You people "just" hate them.. I don't hate them, I know its a derby, but its the only other Catalan club in the league. And they got some former Barcelona players I really liked.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Barcawinner said:
And still I have no answer. You people "just" hate them.. I don't hate them, I know its a derby, but its the only other Catalan club in the league. And they got some former Barcelona players I really liked.
Catalan team? The last thing they want to be is Catalan... I think it's the only institution of Catalunya which is not proud of being catalana.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Catalan team? The last thing they want to be is Catalan... I think it's the only institution of Catalunya which is not proud of being catalana.
The team has always been called Español, just recently they changed their name to Espanyol.

If you want some history of the Spanish League in English, I recommend the book Morbo by Phil Ball. Some people love the book others hate it, I thought it gave a good overview of La Liga to foreigners, especially those like me that were living in Spain.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Barcawinner said:
It's not the team that winds us up, but it's the fans. And they are not Catalan - they are very anti-Catalan and very pro-Madrid. Hell, they're more passionate about Madrid than the Madridistas themselves :rollani: You can only be Catalan if you feel Catalan - it has nothing to do with geography.

Meet some Espanyol fans in their awful stadium and then see if you like them :eek:

About the game: Rijkaard is expected to play Cocu in defence due to Puyol's absence :eek: I was hoping to see Márquez instead of Cocu. Could this put doubts over Márquez' future at Barcelona?

Quaresma will take Luis García's place and I hope we see his feet do the talking. Overmars can't feature as he's had far too many chances and has played like crap. Motta will play as the anchorman.

Possible line-up: Víctor Valdés; Reiziger, Cocu, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst; Xavi, Davids, Motta; Ronaldinho, Saviola y Quaresma.

·
Random Dropout
1,508 Posts
Well,now we can officially say i'm one of the last who rate Marquez highly and see him as a long term CD for Barça

Cocu back there reminds me of sad times,i don't even want to imagine the picture in my head:(

Do you think Marquez's future has to do with the EU thing?Perhaps the board will go for Luis Fabiano or are convinced Saviola will remain a non EU

I can't wait to see who our new central defender will be in the summer if we sell Marquez.I hope they're not stupid enough to depend on Oleguer and Puyol,Cocu only and we buy a class defender like Milito

Overmars should be thrown in the port of Barcelona IMO.He's a nice guy and tries for the team but how bad he is nowadays is unbelievable.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts