·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VS

SUNDAY MAY 4
, 17:00H
SAN MAMÉS STADIUM (BILBAO)

Referee:Miguel Ángel Ayza Gámez (Valencia)
Record with Athletic: 2W-0D-3L
One card from suspension:
Del Horno, D.López, Susaeta, Aduriz.

PAST SEASONS

2002-03 0-2
-; Robles, Larrainzar(OG)-
2003-2004 4-0
-Urzaiz, Urzaiz, Etxeberria, Etxeberria(p);-
2004-05 4-0
-Yeste, Ezquerro, Gurpegi, Yeste(p);-
2005-06 1-1
-Yeste; Arango-
2006-07 1-0
-Urzaiz(p);-

STANDINGS

10º Mallorca 47 pts
11º Athletic 46 pts

PROBABLE LINEUPS

ATHLETIC CLUB

ARMANDO

IRAOLA - GURPEGI - AMOREBIETA - D.HORNO

SUSAETA - J.MARTÍNEZ - GARMENDIA - GABILONDO

ADURIZ - LLORENTE

Bench
:

Suspended
: -
Injured: Gorka Iraizoz, Aitor Ocio, Ustaritz Aldekoaotalora, Pablo Orbaiz, Fran Yeste.
Doubt: Markel Susaeta, Joseba Etxeberria.

MALLORCA

Not yet

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Caparrós recovers Muñoz and Del Horno, and might loose Susaeta and Etxebe, with muscular problems, they're doubt, the same as Ustaritz.

·
Registered
736 Posts
The injury problems are getting worse and worse...
At least we still have our three best players, Amorebieta, Martinez and Llorente.

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is probably not the right place to post this, but I didn't want to open another thread, I was just wondering if anything has been confirmed about the kit suppliers for next year? Will the shirts be made by Umbro? Will we still have the black away shirt?
I regret not buying more stuff in the club shop!

Thanks

·
Lehendakari
2,025 Posts
I think the new away kit is dark blue as voted for on the website.

As for who makes the shirt, I think the Athletic Foundation (or something like that) makes it, hence the symbol on the sleeve. Iribar probably knows more about this than me though.

I hope they keep the current home kit though. I really like it and I think it's unfair on the fans who buy the shirts when they only last one season.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There were these rumours about Umbro but nothing is official yet, in fact I haven't heard anything about it in a while so don't know if they'll make that change in the end. At least it was Macua's idea some time ago, because he said that we loose money making our own kits (specially on capacity of distribution).

The current kit is made by Athletic, well Macua doesn't make them in Ibaigane on his free time,:D is made by a Navarran company for Athletic, but it has "Athletic 100%" as commercial brand. So all the income goes for Athletic (except the part paid to this navarran company) with the problem that for Athletic is more difficult to make it's kits reach shops out of Bizkaia than it's for Adidas, Nike, Kappa, Umbro or any of those. So Athletic gets more money for each kit but sells less kits.

Athletic has 3 kits (1st, 2nd and 3rd) and eachone changes every 3 years, so there is a change every season. This summer's turn is for the second kit (the black one) which will dissappear and be changed by a dark blue one, as was voted in the official page.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
About the game, Ustaritz and Etxebe almost discarded (at least for the 90 minutes), Susaeta looks like will be able to play. Del Horno is training in the starting lineup with Iraola, Gurpe and Amorebieta.

There will be some special acts to welcome Gurpegi.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Players called by Caparrós:

Armando, Aranzubia.
Del Horno, Amorebieta, Koikili, Iraola, Gurpegi, Murillo.
Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, Cuéllar, J.Martínez, D.López, Susaeta.
Llorente, Etxeberria, Aduriz.

Suspended: -
Injured: Iraizoz, Ocio, Ustaritz, Orbaiz.
Out: Expósito, Zubiaurre, Prieto, Muñoz, Tiko.

Yeste, Etxebe and Susaeta make the list in the end, although I doubt they'll play as starters, at least the 3 of them, they haven't trained at all during the week.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A couple of hours for the kickoff, today all the newspapers put Yeste as starter. What I don't know is if he'll play as link with Llorente with Garmendia in midfield or the other way around.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Confirmed lineup in Athletic:

Armando
Iraola - Gurpegi - Amorebieta - Del Horno
Susaeta - J.Martínez - Yeste - Gabilondo
Garmendia
Llorente​

Bench: Aranzubia, Koikili, Murillo, David López, Cuéllar, Etxeberria, Aduriz.

In Mallorca:

Moyá
Molinero - D.Navarro - Nunes - F. Navarro
Varela - Basinas - Borja - Arango
Güiza - Webó​

Unfortunately I think this game can't be watched on the internet.:(

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Minute 3: Athletic 0-1 Mallorca (Güiza)

Garmendia is playing in midfield and Yeste helping Llorente upfront. Sad goal because Athletic had started pushing.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bakalao Llorente!! 1-1 (min 9)

Good header in a corner taken by Susaeta.

·
Registered
421 Posts
How are we doin!? Dominating or!? Is Yeste back in good form!? Are Mallorca playing with counterattacks!?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
HT: Athletic 1-1 Mallorca

Athletic has some problems in defense, but we're playing ok, thing is the rival is very tough, their attackers are very good. Moyà seems nervous, let's see if we can take profit from it. Llorente is creating a lot of danger in set pieces.

Entertaining first half, open game.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boring game in this second half.

Fran Yeste OUT
Joseba Etxeberria IN

1 - 20 of 40 Posts