Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess that people as Murillo, Balenziaga, Gurpe, Garmendia, Del Olmo, Etxebe, the Vélezs and the likes will have their chance to demand a place in the list ifor the final...and send Betis to Segunda while doing it.

Just one week for the Cup Final! :nervous:

·
Registered
53 Posts
To be honest, I don't really care about this match. The cup final is so much more important, but it will be nice to see how the reserves play.

What do you think about Joseba Etxeberria? Will he play the cup final? At least be on the bench? I really hope so, because he deserves it. He has talked about the importance of Copa del Rey all season, and he have had right in his prophecies. At least I hope he will come on as a substitute.

·
Registered
998 Posts
well you never know in La Liga, the bottom placed are able to win anywhere anytime...would be nice to make Betis go down though :D

call-up: Iraizoz, Toquero, Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Del Olmo, David López, Garmendia, Iñigo, Armando, Susaeta, Etxeberria, Gurpegi, Ion Vélez, Muñoz, Etxeita, Bóveda, A.Goñi y Balenziaga.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
All the starters except Iraizoz, Amorebieta, David López and Toquero out of the list. David López has been absent for some weeks so I guess he will play tomorrow to get fit.

I guess tomorrow we'll play something like this:

Armando

Bóveda - Ustaritz - Etxeita - Balenziaga

David López - A.Goñi - Gurpegi - Del Olmo

Etxeberria - Ion Vélez​

I'd play Iñigo since we're just too used to send long air balls to Llorente and Toquero, and Etxebe & Ion won't win many of them, but Caparrós doesn't seem to want to give Iñigo a chance as starter.

It would be just brilliant to send Betis to Segunda with our subs. :howler:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you think about Joseba Etxeberria? Will he play the cup final? At least be on the bench? I really hope so, because he deserves it. He has talked about the importance of Copa del Rey all season, and he have had right in his prophecies. At least I hope he will come on as a substitute.
Hmm in the cup there are only 5 players in the bench, so he has it difficult, but I think he should be. He deserves it as the captain, and if we're loosing, his intelligence and craftiness inside the box is needed for the last minutes (best example: last weekend in Gijón).

Except surprise (I only see Susaeta with chances of entering) the starting lineup is clear: Iraizoz; Iraola, Ocio, Amorebieta, Koikili; David López, Orbaiz, Javi Martínez, Yeste; Toquero, Llorente.

3 bench places are clear as well: Armando, Gurpegi, Susaeta.

I see 4 players with chances for the other 2 places: Ustaritz, Etxeita, Ion Vélez, Etxeberria.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I'd also loooove to send Betis down especially after the last's years "happenings". It isn't impossible, without M. Aurelio they are not doing good.

About the subs, I believe Caparros will choose Armando, Etxeita, Gurpegi, Susaeta and Velez, although it is somewhat unfair to Joseba, so many years and it is his best chance to win something with us, he would be really fired up if he played.

Also, Caparros talked to a greek radio and he claimed he will play our game vs Barca andnot just try to play like Chelsea did :nervous:

·
Registered
736 Posts
I see 4 players with chances for the other 2 places: Ustaritz, Etxeita, Ion Vélez, Etxeberria.
I would really love Etxeberria on the bench. I don't see it happening Ion Vélez scoring the crucial goal as a substitute, but I think Etxeberria can make an impact as a substitute... But I don't believe it

·
Registered
736 Posts
Also, Caparros talked to a greek radio and he claimed he will play our game vs Barca andnot just try to play like Chelsea did :nervous:
To be honest; Chelsea are not the first team to have tried that tactics. But they suceeded with it. Or would have suceeded with another referee:) Thank you Tom Henning Øvrebø:notlist:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Back to the game

I think it would be nice to at least get a draw. The last three matches will be really hard, and seven points are only seven points...
I'll put all my money on Betis and let ut see...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Confirmed lineup:

Armando

Bóveda - Ustaritz - Etxeita - Balenziaga

Muñoz - Gurpegi

Etxeberria - Garmendia - David López

Ion Vélez​

Bench: Iraizoz, Amorebieta, Adrien Goñi, Susaeta, Del Olmo, Toquero, Iñigo.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bakalao Ion Vélez!! assisted by Etxebe.

1-0. We aren't playing too well but we're clearly better than Betis so far... Betis is shit!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Halftime: Athletic 1-0 Betis (Ion Vélez 28')

After our goal they have pushed more, and Armando has saved us in a couple of clear chances. The score so far is just excellent, hopefully we can keep it this way, let's try to keep the ball and cover the spaces in the second half.

Aupa Athletic!!

MOM: David López and Ion Vélez.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good that at least one player from the youth gets time this year, although he gets his chance at the last games.

Lets doom Betis!
Etxeita is having minutes this season as well, nothing really special but he's doing his job. Iturraspe had minutes at the beginning... Unfortunatey we didn't have such an explosive debut as Susaeta last year, but still, the cachorros always show good level.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I agree on the MOMs :)D) so far, both players look really vital....Betis had been toothless before the goal but they've had some good chances before the end of the half...especially the one with Oliveira in front of Armando...can't decide if it was more Oliviera's flop or Armando's brilliant save..probably both :)

hope we'll score some more on the counter attacks!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts