Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like Puyol will miss the game with a hamstring injury:

http://www.sport.es/Barsa/article.asp?id=86232

But with our excellent away form and a week's rest, I have a good feeling about this game. Real Madrid's game is attack and we all know that will suit our play. With class acts like Bravo in Madrid's defence, Ronaldinho should have plenty of fun.

The main threat will obviously be Ronaldo, who looks likely to play. Hopefully Márquez and Oleguer can keep him quiet. If Puyol isn't fit, then we shouldn't force him to play like we did against Celtic.

I think the key to our play will be Xavi and with no anchorman, Madrid should have a torrid time containing him. Real have no defence whatsoever, so we should score goals.

We have to win for all sorts of reasons. Losing will definitely end of title chances. But that's not going to be an option now, is it? ;)

Head: Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona.
Heart: Real Madrid 1-3 Barcelona :D

Som-hi Barça! :fero: :stuckup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
This game will be very exciting, indeed!

From fcbarcelona.com: One of Rijkaard's main concerns will be the availability of Carles Puyol, who limped out of the Malaga game: "it's still too early to say whether he'll miss the Madrid game or not. Let's hope it's not too serious and we have time to get him right".

Let's hope he will be ready, but like you said, we shouldn't rush him into playing. Marquez is a splendid substitute. Frankly, the Mexican should be playing regularly, IMHO.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I hope we do win because two losses in a season would be too much. even without Puyol we still have a strong defence (gio, oleguer, marquez and reiziger) and ronaldo still won't be 100% even if he does play. we have a good chance and even though madrid won the performance against malaga was great. we haven't lost for a while there and i don't think Perez Burull is that a referee so hopefully he won't play for Mierda as well, like Tristante Oliva :fero:
Head : 1-2
Heart : 0-5

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Ronaldo is expected to be 100% as yesterday he did a full training without any problems.

Ronaldo: 2 games - 2 goals against Barca since joined Real Madrid, now lets score more :)

In games like this, it is like another championship, the worse performer in the whole season can have a match that makes him look world-class this is the beauty of the Real Madrid - Barcelona game! You don't know who will star.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Head: Real Madrid 1-1 Barcelona.
Heart: Real Madrid 1-3 Barcelona :D
I am always with your heart.

I have seen many clasicos but never one at the Bernabeu, this Sunday I will be at the game and I am hoping your heart is right one more time :)

·
Registered
967 Posts
Real_Madrid said:
You don't know who will star.
RONALDINHO, LA ESTRELLA
PUTA MADRID

·
Registered
100 Posts
wow
a dillema for all brazilians and brazil fans
ronaldo against ronaldo
ronaldo for espanha against ronaldo for cataluna
whoever win, FORZA BRAZIL!
to see 2 brazilians (R9 and RC) have an easier way towards la liga title, win should be for real mierda, since it'll still be too difficult for barca to win la liga even after winning this game, valencia should never be let gain advantage, that'll be a coward way to win championship
but on the other hand ,el barca bang now, barca deserve a win
!RG bangs!!!5-0 win is now possible, hala Cruyff!

war R9+RC VS RG:wallbang: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Barça_Fan i totally agree with you. Xavi will be almost as key as Ronaldinho in this match. He also puts in a masterfull performance against Madrid and that was in his less effective withdrawn role. Now being pushed up 20 metres and with Beckham-Guti likely to be infront of him he is likely to have a field day, especially as theyll be more concerned with attacking and doubling up on Ronaldinho.

Another key will be Luis Garcia, luckily hes been hitting form just as Carlos hasnt been playing too well. Its very hard to take the brazilian down the wing and with Luis Garcia being left footed it will play to our advantage cutting in on Bravo. I hope Reizeger is able to play like he did against Malaga, he looked a level above what hes been for the last few years that day.

Im not too confident about the defence without Puyol. VB is going to have a torrid time, even against a declined Figo and i hope to see Davids helping him out. But what I worry more about is Marquez playing instead of Puyol. Hes a guranteed yellow card and very clumsy, I cant see him doing much in stopping Ronaldo. His main attribute is heading and the only heading hell be doing against madrid is attacking corners. At the moment Oleguer is giving me much more confidence.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Maz said:
Im not too confident about the defence without Puyol. VB is going to have a torrid time, even against a declined Figo and i hope to see Davids helping him out. But what I worry more about is Marquez playing instead of Puyol. Hes a guranteed yellow card and very clumsy, I cant see him doing much in stopping Ronaldo. His main attribute is heading and the only heading hell be doing against madrid is attacking corners. At the moment Oleguer is giving me much more confidence.
Yes, if we do see Márquez and Oleguer in the centre, then it'll be interesting whether they will be able to handle Ronaldo, because neither of them are very fast. I have a feeling that somehow, Puyol will make a "miracle" recovery, but I hope he isn't forced into playing like he was against Celtic.

I think the main "galactico" will be the referee and I hope we don't see any shameful refereeing. In fact, the referee will be Alfonso Pérez Burrull, who isn't the worst candidate. Here's to hoping he doesn't make any "mistakes." :rollani:

And barça, please bring us some luck :strong: Have fun! :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that we must have the ball, if we are able to steal the ball to Real Madrid and develop a fast attack like we did against Malaga, we would have won a lot. And we have the chance to do it. Madrid midfield is weak with Becks and Guti, they don't steal a single ball, so we may have superiority in this part of the field with Cocu, Davids, Xavi and Ronaldinho. We can't let them the ball because they could kill us. I'm afraid that Gio Van Bronkhorst can't stop Figo and Ronaldo is always a fear. Those are their 2 main danger players, IMO. Luis García should be in attack constantly to avoid Roberto Carlos' attack in their left wing.... and Luis Enrique should have 20 minutes, at least... he always gives the 200% in this match.

The only thing I really fear is the 7th galactico, the ref Burrull. All this season have been a systematical gift to Real Madrid in all senses and the end of La Liga is going to be worst. I fear the ref too much. :(

·
Registered
967 Posts
FIGO DISFRUTA, TU MADRE ES UN PUTA
SOM-HI EL EQUIP AMB EL MILLOR RATXA DES DE GENER, NO?? DAVANT UN MADRID MOLT POBRE, SERA 0-5 AL BARCELONA :D

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
You guys have it totally wrong. Figo played great the last game and we played good the last game against Atletico. He will make VB look like a fool, you guys know that.

The guy you should all worry about though is Zizou, best player in the world, playing a Real-Barca game, very important for La Liga title, the motivation comes alone, it cant get better then this. On his day, he is unstoppable, Xavi and Davids will have to do alot to slow him down, he is the machine of Real, when hes on form, REAL MADRID is.

Ronaldinho is the main threat for us, i hope Helguera can shut him down with the help of 'El Becko'.

All you guys talk about Becks-Guti midfield but its Helguera instead of Guti. R.Bravo and Mejia will form the defensive pair. Saviola never performed well against Real and i dont think it will change. I hope Puyol will be there because i want us to beat a full force Barca.

Head: 2-1for Real
Heart: 3-0 for Real

·
Registered
967 Posts
Daopica said:
I hope Puyol will be there because i want us to beat a full force Barca.

Head: 2-1for Real
Heart: 3-0 for Real
There is something as a Barcelona fan that I will say to you: **** OFF

1 - 20 of 295 Posts