Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this going to be a big day? In theory, the easiest match from now to the end. Albacete is already in the highway to hell. If I'm not wrong, they just got one point in the last 10 matches. So we should get the 3 points against them.

Márquez will come back to the team, while Xavi is banned for this week, so I expect to play with Iniesta, Deco and Márquez in the midfield. Also Eto'o will finally be at his 100%.

Once again, we play after Real Madrid (they play on Saturday), so we'll know their result before the match starts. They have to visit Anoeta, a stadium which is never comfortable for Madrid, considering their curse in the Northern stadiums, especially in Euskadi. I'm sure that they would be pleased to finish with their hopes. Besides, they are doing great lately.

In the worst of the cases, we must finish this week keeping the 6 point (+goal average) gap. In the best of the cases, we would finish 8 or 9 points over them with 12 points to play. Again, is this going to be the day that we've been waiting for so long?

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
In theory yes, but also in practice. Albacete shouldn't be any problem. It's going to be interesting to see Iniesta play in Xavis spot (btw great 'tactical' yellow by him today, this way he'll play in Balencia) with Deco, and Qaizer at the pivote. Or is Qaizer going to drop back to partner Puyi at CD, and Motta start instead of Ole?

Either way, this should be a piece of cake for the aspiring campeons.

Visca el Barça!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Ths is the weekend that Ryan, my son, and I will be in Barcelona this spring:cool: :party: We leave on Thursday and come back Monday. Can't freaking wait, I was really hoping that the team would have had the chance to become champions, but thats ok. Got my tickets already, next to last game at home and back in Barcelona if only for 4 days:star:

Koeman4 said:
while Xavi is banned for this week
This is so disppoiting, he is one of my favorite players to see live, but it will be good to see Iniesta there as well.

And this is my first time seeing Eto'o playing in person with a blaugrana shirt, I had seen him before with with Mallorca, and I can't wait to see him playing for Barcelona.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
The Xavi yellow was well planned, it seems. He stood there for ages till he was yellowed. No complains after the yellow. In fact he was substituted after 5 minutes of the card, so that it does not become a red ;). Everyone on the bench was all smiles as he came off. :).
A win in this match and only 2 of the remaining 4 left to win in the worst case :).

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
well we stand a better chance than real madrid this weekend, they have alot of important players missing such as Zidane and Samuel because of red cards and Salgado is suspended because of 5 yellows. So that must be a diffcult game for them. We have to show everyone what we are made of, we must beat Albacete next week and if real loses. No matter what happens we would have almost ensured the league. Those matches are not easy we need to score an early goal. They will come to the Nou Camp to defend and try to get a point, we have to attack attack attack and be effective in front of goal exactly against Malaga. Most importantly we need to attack and score an early goal to open up their defence and make them attack.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
mrigank said:
The Xavi yellow was well planned, it seems. He stood there for ages till he was yellowed. No complains after the yellow. In fact he was substituted after 5 minutes of the card, so that it does not become a red ;). Everyone on the bench was all smiles as he came off. :).
A win in this match and only 2 of the remaining 4 left to win in the worst case :).
:D

That was hilarious. Xavi being petulant, who would have thought.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barcelona drew 0-0 with bottom-of-the-league Numancia, so the points here against 19th placed Albacete are not guaranteed.

Of course Barcelona are the favourites and will probably destroy Albacete, but I wouldn't be shocked with a 0-0 draw. Albacete can't match Barcelona technically or on any skill level, so they should just come with a game plan of basically frustrating the Catalans and maybe going on the odd counter attack but with an absolute emphasis on not conceeding any goals.

I hope Pacheco has a great game. :D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
El Fenómeno said:
Barcelona drew 0-0 with bottom-of-the-league Numancia, so the points here against 19th placed Albacete are not guaranteed.

Of course Barcelona are the favourites and will probably destroy Albacete, but I wouldn't be shocked with a 0-0 draw. Albacete can't match Barcelona technically or on any skill level, so they should just come with a game plan of basically frustrating the Catalans and maybe going on the odd counter attack but with an absolute emphasis on not conceeding any goals.

I hope Pacheco has a great game. :D
wow... if you think all this about Albacete, I wonder how much you fear Real Sociedad. :pp

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
with Salgado,Zidane and Samuel all suspended for the Sociedad game i'm sure Real Mierda will drop some points at Anoeta.
Socidad have been in a good form lately and i trust in them to give RM's hopes a huge blow! :stuckup:

our game against Albacete seems more easy,we cannot afford to slip up if we manage to win this game we're practically assured to win the title :cool:

·
Registered
436 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
Of course Barcelona are the favourites and will probably destroy Albacete,
:thmbup:
but I wouldn't be shocked with a 0-0 draw.
:dielaugh:
Albacete can't match Barcelona technically or on any skill level,
:thmbup:
so they should just come with a game plan of basically frustrating the Catalans
:drunk: or the rest of the World ... no prob.
and maybe going on the odd counter attack but with an absolute emphasis on not conceeding any goals.
:eek:
I hope Pacheco has a great game.
If not, you can complain against him. :yuck:
:D
Thank you for your deep analysis.
:yawn: :yawn:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
What?

Just like you thought you would destroy Numancia, right? :rollani:

Nothing is guaranteed in football, that's the whole point.

I already said Barcelona are almost certain to win, so I don't know what your problem is.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
We drew 1-1 with Numancia by the way. Plus it was an away game.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
but I wouldn't be shocked with a 0-0 draw.
Did we even need to ask you? :) I am still waiting for the day you predict a win for us in La Liga.

Oh, and we thrashed Albacete 5-0 last year--Quaresma and Davids were on the scoresheet, and Cocu scored a screamer. The relegation fight is literally over this year--Albacete are doomed and won't play with much heart, despite what others might like to say. We'll dispense of them business-as-usual.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Barca Rule said:
Oh, and we thrashed Albacete 5-0 last year--Quaresma and Davids were on the scoresheet, and Cocu scored a screamer.
Actually Cocu's goal was in the first leg (which was in Albacete), not in the Camp Nou return leg ;)

·
Registered
713 Posts
zyad said:
Actually Cocu's goal was in the first leg (which was in Albacete), not in the Camp Nou return leg ;)
Actually i think cocu scored in both legs, one the upper corner and in the return leg one in the lower corner ;)

1 - 20 of 241 Posts