Stadium: Los Pajaritos (Soria)

Match thread

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Lista de 18 convocados:

Porteros: Cañizares, Palop.

Defensas: Fabio Aurelio, Ayala, Marchena, Caneira, Carboni, Curro Torres, Moretti.

Centrocampistas: Albelda, Fiore, Baraja, Angulo, VICENTE, Sissoko,

Delanteros: Di Vaio, Mista, Aimar.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Vicente came off the bench to rescue a point for Valencia, converting a late penalty for a 1-1 draw.

This is a bad result for Valencia and a serious blow to their Champions League aspirations.

·
Registered
396 Posts
How did we play? What is it with Valencia and scoring. Geez, Numancia is a team at the bottom end, isn't it?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Koeman4 said:
Carboni said it all: "We have what you see".
Well, I don't agree with that. We have much more than we show... if we couldn't make better things I wouldn't complain, the problem is that Valencia should be fighting for the title or at least be in CL places without problems.

Anyways, it's all in our hands, there are 15 points left and the 4th place is only 2 points far.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Setzer said:
Well, I don't agree with that. We have much more than we show... if we couldn't make better things I wouldn't complain, the problem is that Valencia should be fighting for the title or at least be in CL places without problems.

Anyways, it's all in our hands, there are 15 points left and the 4th place is only 2 points far.
Well, I don't think that Valencia can give more nowadays. In the past years, Valencia relied on a tactical order that don't exist anymore. I think that the Valencia that won 2 Ligas in 3 years didn't have the best individuals, probably Barça and Madrid had better players. The main difference is that Valencia was a real team, something that the 2 big weren't.

Now, Valencia doesn't have this tactical comitment and the players get exposed. Valencia lacks a true striker, Aimar is injured the 50% of the matches, Vicente has also missed several matches, Albelda-Baraja suffer much more without the help of their teammates. The defense looks worse than ever, making too many mistakes. Even Cañete is clearly in decadence.

Probably you're right saying that Valencia could have more points, but when a big team enters in a vicious circle, it's difficult to get out of it. Ask Barça about that. It's really difficult, for players that have won many titles, to fight to be in 4th place. If Valencia loses tactical order, it loses the 50% of their power, because leaving aside Vicente and Aimar, Valencia doesn't have any star to solve by themselves. You don't have Deco's, Etoo's, Ronaldinho's, Ronaldo's, Casillas'...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Barça or Madrid probably have more stars, but overall, there isn't a big difference between these teams and Valencia, if Aimar and Vicente are fit. Like you say, Valencia has entered in a vicious circle, and this situation is not normal, even without Aimar and Vicente, just like Barça's situation wasn't normal these last years.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts