Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second final.

This is going to be a tough match. As you know, winning away is always difficult, but it's necessary to win since the last matches are going to be even more difficult. La Rosaleda is not a stadium where Barça feels comfortable (do I have the recall the 5-1 last season?), the grass is usually high and in bad conditions, making the game slower, which is not good for our style.

Márquez is banned for yellow cards and he can't play in Málaga, which is something awful, considering the last experiences without the Mexican (Chelsea, Betis). There are 2 solutions: playing with Deco, Xavi and Iniesta again or giving the chance to Motta, although I don't know if he can play 90 minutes.

The good news are the comebacks of captain Puyi and pichichi Eto'o. 2 key players in our system.

C'mon Barça... one more step!

VISCA EL BARÇA

·
Registered
747 Posts
i fear the worst without marquez...but i was glad to see ronnies leadership yesterday against getafe..and i think ronnie will prove his class once again against malaga

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
We really need the three points here. We will be full of confidence and take control of the game. Marquez will be a huge loss and i hope we can cope without him and take the tree points, I expect ronnie to shine in this game too.
FORZA BARCA!!!

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I have a feeling Motta will start and if he doesn't perform, gets subbed for Iniesta or Gerard.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
we'll play in Malaga without Marquez, I know its too bad for us to lose him now, but at least we'll make sure, he'll not be out with anyother yellow card befor the big games (Valencia or VillarReal) .

the come back of Puyol and Eto'o is a great sign for us, it gives us a more solid squad.

winning it is all we need now, nothing else is matar or an option.

I think giving motta the starting role is better, and after sometime, we could take him out and send it Iniesta or whoever else.

lets win it, and keep winning it, and I feel JRR will do something great for us ;)

VISCA EL BARCA :strong: :heart: :fero:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
If we take 6 points out of the next two games, we will have done ourselves a big favor. Real may very well drop points against a relentless Villareal, so we must take 3 points from Malaga.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I agree on most of what everyone has said until now, but I think Rijkaard will start with the same formation like the match against Getafe. He will put Xavi in DM and Deco and Iniesta in midfield. I think Motta would come as a sub later on. Probably he might start in the DM, but most likely he would come on as a sub. 7 months is a lot of time for players. We should win this match against malaga. Eto'o and Puyol are back and that gives us a huge motivation and confidience towards this match.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Falastini said:
Has it been specified yet, when the game will be played; Saturday or Sunday? What time?

Hopefully it will be a Saturday!
sorry to disappoint you
the game will be played on sunday 17:00 GMT.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
thats great acutally I will be in london that time, and my flight is at 21:30 GMT, so maybe I can catch the game while I am in London... I will try to make arrangements. What channel will get the match; would skysports get it???

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Falastini said:
thats great acutally I will be in london that time, and my flight is at 21:30 GMT, so maybe I can catch the game while I am in London... I will try to make arrangements. What channel will get the match; would skysports get it???
Yep.

Sky Sports 1, 8pm.

Although it is not live this time, the game will still be shown in its entirety.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
Yep.

Sky Sports 1, 8pm.

Although it is not live this time, the game will still be shown in its entirety.
NOT live?

:yuck: :yuck:

God damn Sky.

Oh well, I'll probably be playing football anyway. :tongue:

·
Registered
70,041 Posts
If we get these 3 points and Villarreal do something at Bernabeu...

BTW R.Madrid play on Saturday and we´ll play on Sunday.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
GICA said:
If we get these 3 points and Villarreal do something at Bernabeu...

BTW R.Madrid play on Saturday and we´ll play on Sunday.
great news, no matter what happens we should win anyway!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
It really amazes me, how Marquez became such important player for us. Suddenly we cannot defend without him... Definatelly it's a season of Rafa's progress. Anyway - don't worry, Puyol will be on duty :stuckup:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Falastini said:
oo man then that actually sucks...lol... I have to be in the airport at seven pm... 3aaaa I guess i wont watch it.
How long are you in london for?

I will record it for you if you want. :smileani: My video recorder isn't going to feel this dirty since the day I had to record Pop idol for my little sister. :D :pp

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
tomorrow Motta will play a game with the B-team to see whether he's able to play full 90 minutes.
if he does well,i think he can/will replace Marquez.

1 - 20 of 262 Posts