Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Koeman4 said:
If Valencia doesn't win... you can say good-bye to the CL.
I think they will win this match. I want Valencia to make the Champions League, Spanish Football needs it's best teams in Europe next season to make up for this season's disappointing campaigns on the continental scene. As for the other CL spot, I would like to see one of the Sevillan clubs make it. I really like Villarreal, but to be honest, without Riquelme they will not be that competitive in the Champions League.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well said, well said :thmbup:

I'll be cheering for Valencia in the next island, maybe the players will hear me :D

The list:

Porteros: Cañizares, Palop.

Defensas: Caneira, Moretti, Ayala, Carboni, Fabio Aurelio, Marchena, Curro Torres, Santacruz.

Centrocampistas: Albelda, Sissoko, Fiore, Xisco, Angulo, Vicente.

Delanteros: Corradi, Aimar, Mista, Di Vaio.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Sevilla lost, Espanyol and Atleti drew. We HAVE to capitalise this time!! If we don't win this game I think I'm going to break something, Mallorca are fighting relegation so they'll fight for anything and Cuper's teams are not the best to play against but we have to win, simple as.

I'd go with the trio again, if all fully fit and I think they are. Vicente still feels some pain but if it's possible, I'd bring him in for the alst few mins, that'll give the players a big boost ahead of the crucial weeks.

It'll be interesting to see who'll be our goalkeeper, Canizares has been making some real bad mistakes lately...

AMUNT VALENCIA!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Setzer said:
Well said, well said :thmbup:

I'll be cheering for Valencia in the next island, maybe the players will hear me :D
Gafe! :D

I didn't watch the match but all the media agree that Valencia was awful and ultra-conservative against one of the worst teams of La Liga. You can see it 2 different ways: being optimistic, Valencia's chances to go to the Champions League remain high since Sevilla lost and the rest of candidates tied too. Being pesimistic, Valencia lost a big chance to get closer to the CL, even to UEFA Cup.

To be honest, Valencia doesn't look well. They have in their favour that they are the most experienced team in these situations. On the other hand, the team lost the initial boost after Lopez's arrival and lately they're doing awful.

If you ask me, I think that Betis and Villarreal are a step better than Valencia. Anyway, the next two weeks are going to be important to messure the real chances of Valencia, because they face Albacete and Numancia, two teams that are already in Segunda. After that, Valencia will receive Barça and will have to visit Montjuïc.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Koeman4 said:
But I'm always in the next island :frownani: :rolleyes:

We're losing too many points in easy games, and I agree with you, this doesn't look well. Anyways, if Valencia wins the next 6 points I'll see things in a different way. We're lucky that the 4th place this year can be achieved with less points than other seasons...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts