Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Important match. Celta are fifth and a win would nearly secure the Chl . spot.

Lets hope we play like we did agianst Cádiz :)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
What a boring game... :sleepy: Valencia needs to fix a couple of things, mainly in the midfield to play some football, but they're so hard to beat. Talking about fixing midfields, how come didn't Canobbio have a place in Valencia? :confused:

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Not the most entertaining game but 3 points nonetheless. I was hoping for Edu to come on because Baraja (as usual..) was awful.

About Conobbio , well he's a great player but was mainly playing as backup to Vicente on the left flank in Valencia while he plays a sort of Aimar role in Celta. Also he was one of those players the former management bought without even telling the coach who was Benitez at that time. So he refused to play him as much as he could. It's sad that Canobbio got in the middle of that feud between coach and management.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
michelco said:
About Conobbio , well he's a great player but was mainly playing as backup to Vicente on the left flank in Valencia while he plays a sort of Aimar role in Celta. Also he was one of those players the former management bought without even telling the coach who was Benitez at that time. So he refused to play him as much as he could. It's sad that Canobbio got in the middle of that feud between coach and management.
Exactly. :thumbsup: Him and Oliviera were two big mistakes. It's funny that signing them were two mistakes because they were signed instead of players Rafa was asking for(Eto'o being one) and selling them were two mistakes because they proved they are very good players elsewhere.

Missed the game, it seems as though I didn't miss much. Great result though!

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Crazyilly boring match. They had maybe 95 percent pocession .You know, I think If we score a goal in the opening minute of a match, we can hold on to it, and win.

Did you guys see Villa? I think he is the hardest working attaker ever! Especially defensively.To make our midfield work, all we need are two players. Someont to replace Baraja, and a good guy on the right. Add to that a fit Vicente, Aimar, and Villa then we will be contenders again. It's good that our defensive is very hard to break. In the beggining of the season, I thought Albiol was the clumsiest defender ever, because of his height. Now I think he should play alongside Puyol in the world cup!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
It seems like this is the way that valencia plays generally. it has won us some titles of course. But with the attacking players that we have its a shame that we dont seem to play all that well. Vicente is really badley missed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts