Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Santander ganar y volver.;)

With the cup semis next week Athletic arrives to El Sardinero without our starting center-backs, both Luis Prieto and Ander Murillo are out of this game and are doubt for Betis, although the doctors are positive about their participation. Now that Prieto was starting to play well....:( Appart, Pablo Orbaiz isn´t at 100% and Valverde could be thinking on not force him and rest him for Betis.

So, we´ll see a different Athletic in a game vital to keep hopes of making UEFA places via Liga, loosing this game would mean an almost final BYE I think. Racing is a clearly inferior team, but they had done well since Nando Yosu arrived although they´ve lost their last two games, looks as if they have relaxed since they´re almost saved.

But we all know they will be motivated for this game, the Athletic game is a derby for Racing fans, the most important game for them they say. So as always we´ll find an hostile stadium with a considerable amount of idiots singing stupid songs, not all of course..... there will also be Athletic supporters.:D:tongue: We´ve won them in a funny way the last 2 years and it was nice to see some people´s faces. 2 years ago we came back from a 3-1 (with them singing 'a segunda') to beat them 3-4. And last year we beat them 1-2 with such a beautiful goal in a play by Ezquerro and Yeste on minute 93.:cool:

With Prieto and Murillo out is probable that Gurpegi will play in the defense, Tiko will take his place in the midfield, and Solabarrieta Orbaiz´s if he finally doesn´t play. Gurpe´s partner will probably be Lacruz although watching his recent form I ask Txingurri to be brave enough (as he was with Llorente or Moya) and call a Bilbao Athletic defender to put him as starter. Either Alex Goikoetxea or Fernando Amorebieta, I prefer the second, I´m sure they won´t do worse than Lacruz has done in the last games and who knows, maybe we find the solution for our defensive problems. Especially Amorebieta, he´s tall, strong and left footed, just what we need. Of course we can´t ask him to lead the defense being 19 but he would do well.;)

I don´t mention Oskar Vales and César because Valverde doesn´t count with them, I don´t dislike César but....

Against Racing I can think of this lineup for example...

Code:
                  Aranzubia

Iraola      Gurpegi     Amorebieta   Del Horno

Etxebe     Solabarrieta   Tiko       Yeste

Llorente    Ezquerro
Young and with 'garra', we´d eat them.;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Txupa said:
So, we´ll see a different Athletic in a game vital to keep hopes of making UEFA places via Liga, loosing this game would mean an almost final BYE I think.
Yup, fully agree here, it's our final and last chance, but it's up top other teams or we'll really make it.

Personally should say, do your best here, but do much more your best in the cup semi's...

Txupa said:
But we all know they will be motivated for this game, the Athletic game is a derby for Racing fans, the most important game for them they say. So as always we´ll find an hostile stadium with a considerable amount of idiots singing stupid songs, not all of course..... there will also be Athletic supporters.:D:tongue:
I've heard more stories about them, what's it with them?
Are they fans like, erm... Atlético, Real Madrid and Zaragoza for example?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem with Racing is that they don´t have another team in their region with which they can rivalize so for reason they´ve chosen us, probably also because there has always been a general dislike/envy in Cantabria towards the Basque Country, that´s a very right wing region. BTW, I don´t dislike Zaragoza and their fans, leaving aside the Ligallo they´re pretty nice people, at least better than Madrid, Atlético etc...

Well, watching yesterday´s scores we have it "a huevo" what a great opportunity we have this afternoon.

Sevilla 0-1 Osasuna:cool:
Erreala 1-0 Deportivo:cool:
Atlético 0-0 Espanyol

In the end Valverde didn´t include any Bilbao Athletic defender in the list, César and Felipe entered for Murillo and Prieto. Let´s see what happens.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Official line-up:

Code:
                Aranzubia

Iraola      Lacruz     Gurpegi   Casas

Solabarrieta   Orbaiz   Tiko   Yeste

Etxebe   Ezquerro
I doubt about Iraola and Aritz´s positions, we´ll see during the game.

I don´t like it to be honest, I don´t understand why having two great strikers as Urzaiz and Llorente both start on the bench and I also prefer Del Horno (with all his pros and cons) instead of Casas. But well, as always, I hope it works, I didn´t like the Liège lineup and look how it ended.;)

BTW, sorte on Aritz!!! I´m sure you´ll do well.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:howler:

Rafa no me jodas I love you!!!:D:D

Racing 0-2 Athletic
Orbaiz (p) 96´
Tiko 98´

Who could think that such a boring game could have that ending.

The referee had given 3 minutes of extratime, on 92:50 aprox there´s a corner for Athletic and Juanma touches the ball with the hand (apparently it wasn´t penalty since it was a rebound) but dear Rafa Guerrero "Rafa no me jodas", the most famous linesman in the world sees penalty. A lot of yellow cards for Racing players protesting and Orbaiz scores the penalty.

To compensate, the referee lets Racing attack (the game should have ended with the penalty) and in a fault everyone (including the goalie) goes up, there´s a rebound and Tiko scores alone without goalie.:D:D

Unbelievable!!

This (probably, haven´t seen it) unfair victory isn´t anything to be proud but "stealing" the game to the Santanderinos in the last minute for the 3rd year in a row has no price. Those faces...:howler:

With luck, but we´re into the fight, 3 pts from UEFA places. Now, let´s go for Betis.:fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Koeman4 said:
"My horse has 4 legs" :D

You're the team of the government :stuckup:
:tongue:

Can´t they stop the elections and present Rafa Guerrero for lehendakari??:D

BTW, from what I´ve seen in the highlights Lacruz was Athletic´s best player, he saved us some goals, so I eat my words earlier in this thread. Also Aranzubia, Iraola and Orbaiz played well.

The penalty, reminds me of that France-Portugal of the EC some years ago, rememeber it? with Figo leaving the pitch... I think that´s not penalty, Juanma is covering himself, but as I already said in the game against Valladolid I have no idea, since that hand rule is so free to interpretation..

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
When I put the TV on and zapped to 'teletext', I saw all the Spanish matches were finished, except our one, standings... 0-0. Zapped to another channel, came back 5 mins later, match finished and scoreline 0-2 :D. Aupa Athletic!!!

This is great, we've to go on like this now!

Probably this match won't be in Eurogoals so I've to wait for the goals somewhere online...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Pretty late goals. ;)

And I thought we'd be "champions" scoring in the 94th and 96th once this season. ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Koeman4 said:
How cynical :D
Do you really think the refs know the rules about when a hand it´s fault or not? Remember that picture of Javi González´s hand against Valladolid in the 1/4s? They have no idea.

Koeman4 said:
BTW, what happened with the Athletic ultras?
From what I´ve heard there were insults and fights between few stupid Athletic and Racing supporters and the police decided to enter and hit anything dressed in red & white, as always with them. "Funnily" enough the ones that received the worse part weren´t the ones into the fight but others.

The peña Ehun Urte aren´t anything like HNT or Abertzale Sur, just a group of friends from Basauri.:(

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050419/NOTICIA194799513.html

This sounds so familiar with certain experience in Gijón... Ultra Boys and the police "working" together in the streets.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts