1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Atl Madrid
Espanyol

La Liga | Sat, 16 Apr 05, 20:00 | Vicente Calderon

This game has huge Champions League implications with Atleti needing the three points to realistically keep alive their hopes for Europe's premier competition.

Atletico coach Cesar Ferrando will have to cope without playmaker Ariel Ibagaza, who is suspended, and midfielder Alvaro Novo who is injured. However Ferrando will be able to count on defender Luis Perea and midfielder Carlos Aguilera, who have both returned to full fitness after recovering from knocks.

In the absence of Ibagaza, Ferrando will probably start with striker Salva Ballesta up front alongside leading scorer Torres, in a two-man attack.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Atlético -> 8th W13 D7 L11. 46 points. 36 scored, 26 conceded. Top Scorer: F Torres 16 goals
Espanyol -> 6th W14 D7 L10. 49 points. 41 scored, 39 conceded. Top Scorer: Maxi Rodríguez 12

Last League Meeting: Atlético 2 (F Torres, 2) Espanyol 0

Probable Starting XI
25 L Franco [31 matches, 26 goals conceded]
_2 Velasco [15 matches]
22 Pablo [29 matches, 3 goals]
21 Perea [27 matches]
12 Sergi [21 (1) matches]
11 Grønjkær [13 matches]
_4 Colsa [17 (7) matches, 3 goals]
23 Luccin [21 (2) matches]
_3 A López [23 (2) matches, 3 goals]
19 S Ballesta [14 (11) matches, 6 goals]
_9 F Torres [31 matches, 16 goals]

Probable Subs
27 Cuéllar 5 García Calvo 7 Sosa 8 Núñez 10 Jorge 17 Nano 26 Molinero

Injured List
15 Aguilera 24 Novo

Banned
18 Ibagaza

Out of the Squad
6 Zahínos 10 Jorge 28 Braulio 29 R Medina 30 P Sicilia 31 Mané 32 Galán

Kick Off Time 16/04 20:00

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
This is a final for Atleti, if you don't win, it's definitely over... in any case, I don't think that Atlético has enough quality to reach the CL. The UEFA is still possible, but I don't see it...

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Well with such an away performance, you can not reach the UEFA Cup ... I still count on the copa ... but this can be over next wednesday :(

Well todo o nada ... today EVERYTHING OR NOTHING!!!

Husky

(usualy we suxx in such situations)

·
40,147 Posts
|-Husky-| said:
(usualy we suxx in such situations)
... and you did it again. It seems that Atletico didn't do that bad in the 2nd half, but the Torres-dependance is unbelievable. I smell another year out of Europe and Cerezo and Gil Marin still there.

There's a thing that I can't understand. It's like if the Atleti fans had accepted the bad fate of their club, in the Camp Nou or the Bernabeu, a situation like this one would create a crisis of major consequences. The worst of all is that a big sector of Atlético has accepted to become a smaller club to fight for a spot in UEFA Cup (which is a minor tournament, to be honest).

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Koeman4 said:
There's a thing that I can't understand. It's like if the Atleti fans had accepted the bad fate of their club, in the Camp Nou or the Bernabeu, a situation like this one would create a crisis of major consequences. The worst of all is that a big sector of Atlético has accepted to become a smaller club to fight for a spot in UEFA Cup (which is a minor tournament, to be honest).
I don't agree ...

BUT what shall we do and how. We nearly tried everything!

Husky

·
40,147 Posts
|-Husky-| said:
I don't agree ...

BUT what shall we do and how. We nearly tried everything!

Husky
I've never seen thousands of handkerchieves and general booes for the presidency in the Calderón, as we did with Gaspart in the bad times, for example.

I'm sure that the atléticos are upset, but at the same time, I feel that some live "happy" being the "pupas" (the unlucky team).

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I can show you videos ...

With the whole stadium shouting "Gil cabron fuera del calderón" (Sorry for grammer mistakes, my spanisch suxxs)

Also tons of signs and pancartas ...

Just remember the big pancarta at the highway of madrid!

Husky

·
40,147 Posts
well... I've seen banners and so... but not at the same level. Anyway, I think that we all agree with the idea that Gil and Cerezo are the cancer of this club, clearly under its potential.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
i am tired of this atleti.....next season riquelme or aimar comes and with torres it will be very good ! defense is good but atack only torres is good

·
Registered
335 Posts
How's Gronkjaer doing in Atletico? I've seen him play many times for the club, but receently I've been clumsy and missed their last 3 matches :(!!!

·
40,147 Posts
Kroldrup said:
How's Gronkjaer doing in Atletico? I've seen him play many times for the club, but receently I've been clumsy and missed their last 3 matches :(!!!
Being honest, nothing special. Not a bad player, but I am not impressed by him.

·
40,147 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
I hear that Kameni was being 'discriminated' in both legs v Atletico... True? :sob:
The Frente Atlético threw 2 bananas to the goalie that felt next to him during the match, the ref saw them and he included these facts in his official report. Atlético will be fined.

Also Congo and Ettien suffered racial abuse from Real Madrid fans in Valencia. It was also reported by the referee.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Yeah 2 bananas by a crowd of around 45.000 people !!!

pffffffff

First there were also a few UH UH UH shouts ... But second half the fans applauded him because of his big saves ...

He also earns Standing ovations after the game. Will we get money for that because of fair play???

Husky

PS: Gronkjaer is doing a great job so far. A BIG REINFORCEMENT for Atlético!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts