Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Aduriz injured as we all know and with the return of Amorebieta after his injury, Javier Clemente has called the following 19 players for today´s game:

Lafuente, Aranzubia.

Expósito, Prieto, Ustaritz, Lacruz, Murillo, Casas, Amorebieta.

Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Iraola, Tiko, Guerrero, Yeste.

Dañobeitia, Etxeberria, Llorente, Urzaiz.

He´s called one more player than normal because Yeste will be doubt until the last moment due to stomach problems (gastroenteritis?:rolleyes: ) and feber.

If Yeste is ready for the game this will probably be the lineup:

....................Lafuente

Expósito....Ustaritz....Prieto.....Amorebieta

Iraola........Orbaiz.....Gurpegi......Yeste

................Urzaiz....Etxeberria

If Yeste isn´t fit it´s probable either Llorente or Dañobeitia would enter in the lineup, moving Etxebe to the left if it´s the first the one that enters.

One more important game for Athletic, 37 points and 5+goalaverage to relegation places would mean to have it almost done. But if we don´t win we´re again in the middle of the battle, and our next games will be difficult.

No tickets available so a great atmosphere expected today at San Mamés.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Maybe the most important game of the season for Athletic. I think its going to be close as both teams have been playing well in the last few games. I just hope we can maintain some of our good luck.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Official lineup:

....................Lafuente

Expósito....Ustaritz....Prieto.......Casas

Iraola........Orbaiz.....Gurpegi......Yeste

...............Llorente...Etxeberria

The game starts in half an hour, Aupa Athletic!:fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Halftime: Athletic 1-1 Mallorca

Athletic have started perfect, with Yeste´s goal and several other good chances that could have ended the game in the first minutes but suddenly a lot of strange things have happened at San Mamés.

First, Luis Prieto has been substituted by Ander Murillo after he hasn´t recovered from a crash with a Mallorca player. Clemente has put Murillo in midfield and has passed Gurpegi to the defense.

Then Arango has scored for Mallorca after a mistake by Unai Expósito.

Just after that a terrible crash between Iñaki Lafuente and Carlos Gurpegi has let Gurpe unconscious, fortunately he was moving while he was being retired in the stretcher so let´s hope it isn´t dangerous. Gurpegi has been substituted by Tiko, who is playing in midfield while Murillo has passed to the defense. In that play Lafuente has also gotten injured, he´s playing with problems in the knee. Piscu scored in that play, although I believe he made a fault to Gurpegi before the crash, the goal wasn´t disallowed because the ref signed the fault before it.

And few minutes after Joseba Etxeberria has gotten a muscular injury and has been subbed by Mikel Dañobeitia.

The last minutes aren´t having football, just violent faults from Mallorca players trying to injury Athletic ones, as the last minute one from Pereira to Iraola, the referee doesn´t do anything.

So we´ll start the second half with the 3 substitutions already done, with Lafuente semi-injured and we´ll have to see how´s Iraola... ufff what a test for the lions this second half.

C´mon, let´s go for them!! Aupa Athletic!!:fero:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
So 1-1 in the end, haven't seen anything, haven't heard anything, except your posts :D.

As we did already three subs in the first half, and we had two unfit players, 1-1 in the end isn't bad, but on the other hand I hoped for a win, then we should be definitely out of worries, now we're still three points above the relegation zone, but what's three points? Actually nothing.

Malaga is gone, things are looking very bad for Cádiz too, but then from us to Erreala, all teams can finish 18th I'm afraid.

Our schedule:
Atlético (a)
Valencia (h)
Betis (a)
Zaragoza (h)
Depor (a)
Barça (h)

Not very 'easy', all away matches are tough ones, all home matches should be wins, but Valencia are third in the table, Barça champions... it's not impossible, but it certainly won't be easy...

EDIT: How's Gurpe doing now?

According to the official site he'll be out for four till six weeks :(. I don't understand what he actually has...
Get well soon!
http://www.athletic-club.net/acc/home.asp?a=0&b=50&noticia=4214&idi=1

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gurpegi passed the night on observation in the hospital since he had a strong conmotion, I don´t know if he´s still there or not but today he had surgery for broken jaw, he´ll miss the rest of the season.

Etxebe will probably miss most of the season too, they still have to make him some extra tests but it´s very probable we won´t count with him for long. Fortunately Prieto and Expósito´s injuries don´t look that bad, although they still have to make extra-tests to Unai.

I talked about the first half, well, in the second we returned to our football, playing good enough to win but Mallorca´s goalie Toni Prats saved his team. Good saves to shots by Dañobeitia, Orbaiz or Tiko appart from other chances, as the one for Llorente after a good control that went out for milimeters. We deserved the victory and I actually think we would have won easily if it wasn´t for all the strange things that happened in the first half.

The draw isn´t bad taking in mind we played the second half with Lafuente and Expósito injured, and players as Llorente exhausted. Fernando had the mission of running a lot to leave the defenders tired since he was going to be subbed on minute 55+- for Urzaiz, but he had to play the whole game and suffered a lot the last minutes. But even if the score can´t be bad looking to the circumstances it´s bad for our salvation hopes, the standings don´t have mercy with "circumstances".

This game was very important because our calendar now will be difficult, we have to fight every single game, we are destined to suffer this season. Just hope we keep the last weeks level even with the injuries.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts