Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this Round 30 or 31? :D

Villarreal are playing very well. In Europe, they recently knocked out Roma, which was a huge surprise. Players like Sonny Anderson and Riquelme are on red hot form and it'll very be very interesting to see how the ex-Barça boys cope. And lets not forget Reina ;)

Villarreal always seem to trouble us whether it is home or away, but I don't expect them to sit back and waste their attacking power. If their game plan is to attack, then we should see an open game and it'll definitely favour Ronaldinho and our attacking players.

Puyol, Van Bronckhorst and Saviola return and Frank Rijkaard will receive a full-strength squad (barring any last-minute hitches).

After a long week's rest, we're all expecting our 10th league win in a row, but it will not be an easy game.

Head: Barcelona 1-1 Villarreal.
Heart: Barcelona 2-1 Villarreal.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
We can't fail, the leagues are won at home and we have lost too many points in the Nou Camp. We will recover Saviola and perhaps Puyol. The match will be late, at 22:00 (in Spain), why did they change the hour?

Win or win, there's no other option

Head: Barça 2-1 Villarreal
Heart: Barça 3-0 Villarreal

:fero:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
It seems that Kluivert will be fit for the game! I

a bit off topic:
Meanwhile Sergio Garcia scored 2 goals against Denmark in the U19 spanish team.
on
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Koeman4 said:
:dazed: Noooooo!!! He must be benched, who needs Kluivert?
Dont worry he will be on the bench he wont be fit to play 90 minutes for at least two weeks, with that said man what is wrong with you people he has been out for over 2 months and instead of just givin a little bit of support to one of OUR players the bashing takes place without him taking the field.

You dont have to love him, I understand if you dont even like him but with some people here are I think your perennial censure is really exaggerated.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
P_Kluivert said:
Dont worry he will be on the bench he wont be fit to play 90 minutes for at least two weeks, with that said man what is wrong with you people he has been out for over 2 months and instead of just givin a little bit of support to one of OUR players the bashing takes place without him taking the field.

You dont have to love him, I understand if you dont even like him but with some people here are I think your perennial censure is really exaggerated.
No, I'm not exagerating. How many time did he arrive late to the trainments? How many times did his acts of indiscipline bother the peace of the group? How many times has he laughed at us?

No, I don't exagerate. Kluivert is a problem that must disappear soon. He only bothers, he doesn't add anything to this team, he has had a free ticket in the Nou Camp, because he has felt always one of the lineup players. His privileges must finish, he is the past, he will leave Barcelona, Saviola and Sergio are much more important than him.
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Koeman4 said:
No, I'm not exagerating. How many time did he arrive late to the trainments? How many times did his acts of indiscipline bother the peace of the group? How many times has he laughed at us?

No, I don't exagerate. Kluivert is a problem that must disappear soon. He only bothers, he doesn't add anything to this team, he has had a free ticket in the Nou Camp, because he has felt always one of the lineup players. His privileges must finish, he is the past, he will leave Barcelona, Saviola and Sergio are much more important than him.

Well your respons was the and I quote "He must be benched".
BENCHED, that is a football related statement, it does reflect any of those othe faults you later pointed out and because you simple made a comment that only concerns if he should be on the pitch or not ,therefore natrually I just commented on the issue at hand and called it and exaggreation.
So to make things clear I think your constant critisim of Kluivert ON THE FIELD is exaggreated.

However I will take this oppertunity at hand to tell you that in fact you are making a chicken out of feathers with the commens regardning his activities outside the pitch.
Sure he´s not perfect but he has not been late on that many occasions and you must have some inside information that I haven´t been told about because I haven´t heard a single comment on how is actions has distrubted the peace of the group, and laughing at us? Well please share all those moments he has done this because they must be plenty in order for you to make an asociation with that in your post.


Yes he has his faults but I think some of you look the other way with all the great things he does outside the pitch.
Who helped Saviola when he first arrived? Who welcomed him with open arms and made his transition easier?
Who helped Motta when he became a first team player?
You are in luck my friend because Motta gave his intreview yesterday so you can still read about how much he admires Patrick and how great a person he thinks he is.

Yes really disturbing the peace of the group with that, who dares to help out young players.
Like I said he has made illadvised actions I agree but Patrick Kluivert is a great team player who looks out for his teammates as Motta and Saviola´s comments have shown so to say he´s a problem that must dissapear soon is to say Puyol is not needed in the back 4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's still not clear whether Puyol has recovered from his abdominal injury. Reading an interview with Sonny Anderson, he said that the Yellow Submarines will have a good chance of getting something if Puyol doesn't feature. I hope this isn't true, because Sonny and Riquelme will be fired up for this one :(

I'll expect to see Reina fully prepared for this, so our attacking players can't afford to waste any good chances. A lot of our players are physically drained from the mid-week internationals, so things aren't looking too good at the moment :(
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Patrick, do you want objective data?

Overall scorers

1 Ronaldinho-----------19 3 PK
2 Saviola----------------14
3 Kluivert----------------9
4 Luis García------------7
5 Cocu-------------------5
6 Xavi--------------------4
7 Luis Enrique----------4
8 Overmars-------------3
9 Motta------------------1
10 Davids-----------------1
11 Quaresma-------------1
12 Gabri-------------------1
13 Márquez---------------1
14 Iniesta-----------------1
15 Gerard-----------------1

Scorers in La Liga

1 Ronaldinho-----------12 1 PK
2 Saviola----------------8
3 Kluivert----------------7
4 Cocu-------------------4
5 Xavi--------------------3
6 Luis García------------3
7 Luis Enrique----------3
8 Davids-----------------1
9 Overmars-------------1
10 Motta------------------1
11 Quaresma-------------1
12 Gabri-------------------1
13 Márquez---------------1
14 Gerard-----------------1

Scorers in Copa
1 Saviola----------------3
2 Ronaldinho-----------3 2 PK
3 Overmars-------------2
4 Iniesta----------------1
5 Luis García------------1

Scorers in UEFA Cup
1 Ronaldinho------------4
2 Saviola-----------------3
3 Luis García-------------3
4 Kluivert-----------------2
5 Motta-------------------1
6 Luis Enrique-----------1
7 Xavi---------------------1
8 Cocu---------------------1

And don't say that Kluviert was injured and those things, because Saviola was on the bench from September to January, because the supposed great skills of Kluivert. When Saviola has got the continuity that Kluivert has always had, the Argentinan player has done what we expect from him. That's objective... on the pitch and out of the pitch.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,162 Posts
7-0 :)
 

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
1,269 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Patrick, do you want objective data?

Overall scorers

1 Ronaldinho-----------19 3 PK
2 Saviola----------------14
3 Kluivert----------------9
4 Luis García------------7
5 Cocu-------------------5
6 Xavi--------------------4
7 Luis Enrique----------4
8 Overmars-------------3
9 Motta------------------1
10 Davids-----------------1
11 Quaresma-------------1
12 Gabri-------------------1
13 Márquez---------------1
14 Iniesta-----------------1
15 Gerard-----------------1

Scorers in La Liga

1 Ronaldinho-----------12 1 PK
2 Saviola----------------8
3 Kluivert----------------7
4 Cocu-------------------4
5 Xavi--------------------3
6 Luis García------------3
7 Luis Enrique----------3
8 Davids-----------------1
9 Overmars-------------1
10 Motta------------------1
11 Quaresma-------------1
12 Gabri-------------------1
13 Márquez---------------1
14 Gerard-----------------1

Scorers in Copa
1 Saviola----------------3
2 Ronaldinho-----------3 2 PK
3 Overmars-------------2
4 Iniesta----------------1
5 Luis García------------1

Scorers in UEFA Cup
1 Ronaldinho------------4
2 Saviola-----------------3
3 Luis García-------------3
4 Kluivert-----------------2
5 Motta-------------------1
6 Luis Enrique-----------1
7 Xavi---------------------1
8 Cocu---------------------1

And don't say that Kluviert was injured and those things, because Saviola was on the bench from September to January, because the supposed great skills of Kluivert. When Saviola has got the continuity that Kluivert has always had, the Argentinan player has done what we expect from him. That's objective... on the pitch and out of the pitch.

Exactly why can´t I say Kluivert was injured and might I had supspended for 2 games?
Your post reveals goalscoring and to score goals I would imagine it´s easier to do that when you play in the games so they player who plays the most games have the best chance to score the most goals?
Or can any of the rocket sientists out there explain it any better?


Saviola has played in La Liga:
15 games and has scored as you pointed out 8 goals.
Goal ratio: 0,53


Kluivert has played in La Liga:
12 games and scored as you pointed out 7 goals. (one of which he scored as a sub, something Saviola has never done in his career)
Goal ratio: 0,58

So tell me why I can´t use the fact that Kluivert has been injured as an "excuse"? I mean you don´t need an high IQ to realise that if you play more you have more chances to score.
In conclusion if you look at the goalratio Kluivert has an higher one then Saviola.
Im not knocking on Saviola I like the guy but it´s funny we dont even need one guy but still that guy is the one with the higher goalratio of the two alternetives.

With that said I hope Kluivert is on the bench for Saturday because he´s not match fit and Saviola has played well so he deserves the starting job (and that is coming from a guy who´s not only Kluiverts biggest fan but also a man who believes you should never lose your starting position because of an injury)
Im just glad Kluivert is back from his injury he is after all a Barcelona player who has helped Motta and Saviola feel welcomed here and who is a good football player. He´s not someone you just brush of and say "we don´t need".

Funny how some people accuse me of being a Kluivert fan first and Barcelona fan second which is true so Im not knocking at the exact statement but I always support the players of Barcelona no matter who they are and no matter what that means for Kluivert, for example if Saviola continues to score and that put Kluivert on the bench well Im fine with that because that´s what is best for the team but some of you just treats Kluivert like he´s the some kind of plage so who (and I don´t need a respons to this just thinking out loud) is the bigger Barcelona fan the one who always support the players of F.C Barcelona no matter what or the ones who feel the need to bash our players even with the players coming of a long injury layoff and hasn´t done anything latley to deserve critisicm.
 

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
Joined
·
40,147 Posts
Look, I'm also willing to see Kluivert scoring like Ronaldo, but we all know who is Kluivert and I don't expect anything from him. He's the last symbol of the past, gone Gaspart, gone Van Gaal, Kluivert is the last icon of the dark era. I wish he scores 3 goals per match before going wherever he wants.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Patrick Kluivert and Giovanni Van Bronckhorst are included in the squad to face Villarreal. Oscar López, Sergio García and Ricardo Quaresma are not in the team. I am surprised about Quaresma's absence, though. Puyol will be missed, but I have faith in Márquez and Oleguer.

Good news for anti-Kluivert fans :D: Saviola will start against Villarreal, as Kluivert isn't 100% match fit. But there's a chance that Kluivert could come on later in the game.

Full squad: Cocu, Reiziger, Valdés, Márquez, Gabri, Saviola, Xavi, Gerard, Iniesta, Luis Enrique, Kluivert, Oleguer, Davids, Motta, Rüstü, Ronaldinho, Van Bronckhorst, Overmars y Luis Enrique.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top