Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once again that easy game in The Cathedral where el gallo scores a hat-trick and aitite Valery returns home crying.:cool:

Great atmosphere expected in San Mamés even though both teams are in mid-table without much to say in the league unless they get a great winning run, at least Athletic still has the cup.;)

Everyone except Karanka is ready in Athletic, although they say Yeste isn´t at 100% I´m sure he´ll play, if not Tiko (Erreala´s nightmare) will take his place. With that, the only doubt about the starting lineup is the striker, Urzaiz or Llorente, today they´ve said in ETB Llorente will play.

The txuri-urdin have Karpin sanctioned and Xabi Prieto injured for this game, appart from the long-time injured Jauregi. Apparently Mladenovic will take Karpin´s place in the lineup while Gabilondo will take Prieto´s.

With all of that these are the probable lineups for tonight:

The lions from San Mamés:cool:

Code:
                   Aranzubia

Iraola      Murillo        L.Prieto   Del Horno

Orbaiz       Gurpegi

Etxeberria           Yeste         Ezquerro

Llorente
The crappy donostiarras.:D

To be honest I don´t know how to put them, I have doubts with Aranburu, Gabilondo and Uranga´s positions, just a guess:

Code:
                   A.Riesgo

Zubiaurre     Labaka     Brechet   Garrido

Mikel Alonso  Mladenovic

Aranburu                             Gabilondo

G.Uranga   Kovacevic
As Amorrortu has said, just by looking to the probable lineups you see that this will probably be one of the games with more 'home formed' players in the world; 8 in both Athletic´s and Erreala´s lineup, I think that´s something to be :proud:, gora euskal taldeak!

Hope to see a nice spectacle and that the best team wins, don´t need to say who.;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Erreala? First time that i hear it. Athletic will win 2-0. I love them!! they have a really great team.
But...Gurpegis case smells too much.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
COme on Erreala.......! :finger: Nice to see so many local players play! I think I will and should download the derby afterward.. I missed it last time. Can't wait!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Woohoo, halftime and 1-0 up!

Love the commentary on the radio, gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol gol, Santiiiiiiiiiiiii Ezquerrroooooooooooooooooooo, gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllll, gol del Athletic, Athletic uno, Erreala zero!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol-gol del Athletic!!!

Fraaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnn Yesteeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Eurosport.com said:
74' Tiko lines up the free-kick, also Exteberria.... YESTE!!!!! A brilliant left-footed free-kick into the right corner - NO CHANCE RIESGO!!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Ultimo minuto... and... gooooooooooooooooolllll tititi-titititi-tititi-titititi-tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii kooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo

Tiko it is ! He's always playing well against Erreala for some reason !

3-0! Bye bye Erreala!!!

Athletic très, Real zero!

Eurosport.com said:
90+3' AND THAT WRAPS UP A COMPREHENSIVE DERBY WIN!!! Tiko fires low past Riesgo left-footed, and it's all over!
Zorionak Athletic!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Shit!! ****in' Tiko !! I almost guess the result!

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
God damin... I can't find the full match. People don't understand the value of this derby.. Last time they conceded this derby just for a unimportant EPL match Wolf.. v Charlton something. :wth:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:cool:

Not a brilliant game but it was interesting, especially the first half, it had a lot of rythm, it was a pure derby. Both teams played at a similar level but Athletic got more punch, we attacked with many people, Erreala had Darko as an island alone in the attack. They only created danger when the midfielders came up a bit, I only remember one chance for Alonso, Aranburu and Mladenovic. Probably Amorrortu was so obsessed with stopping Athletic´s midfield that he let Darko alone, I put Gari Uranga up front with him in the probable lineup but he played on the right. It´s also true that when Athletic plays at that high rythm & speed in San Mamés it´s very difficut to stop it and teams tend to go backwards so probably it wasn´t planned that way either by Amorrortu.

In other circumstances it´s true Darko alone could have created us a lot of problems but on Saturday we finally saw the Luis Prieto of last season, fantastic on the marking, hope it lasts. So Darko continue without scoring in San Mamés while....one more for Tiko, is there a way to make him believe he´s always playing against Erreala?:D I thought it was some kind of hate towards Westerveld but he showed he scores no matter who´s Erreala´s goalie, class.;)

Athletic played a serious game, good in defense, dominating the midfield (except the first minutes) and with a lot of talent in the attack. Talking about attack, someone who deserves a mention is Joseba Etxeberria, he´s on a horrible scoring run, has only scored 2 this season and he also missed a good chance on Saturday. But the work el gallo does for the team is vital, he´s always helping his teammates and creating danger. Already talked about how he created himself the 3rd goal against Levante or the goal in Villarreal. Well, on Saturday the pass he makes to Urzaiz in the first goal is pure class, he provokes the fault that ended with Yeste´s free kick goal and he provoked 2 yellow cards in the first half. Appart, he tried it constantly, Garrido defended him well but still managed to create chances and always helped in defense. He´s been a bit questioned lately but although it´s true he doesn´t score in the rainbow lately his work for the team is unquestionable.

And finally mention Fran Yeste who didn´t train during the week due to some back problems, and it showed, he didn´t do anything during the game. I got mad when Valverde entered Tiko for Ezquerro instead of him but classy players have these things, he can be physically dead but he comes and scores a brilliant free kick that kills the game.:cool:

On a sidenote, it was a pleasure to watch so many young good basque players in San Mamés, from both sides. If they don´t leave and continue their progression I´m sure in a couple of years we´ll play these same derbies but fighting in much more higher positions, with the same score of course.;)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Damn... I´ve read some match reports and of what I saw ( watched the game on tv during dinner with some friends outside Euskadi ), I agree with most of them. Conclusions: Athletic´s victory was fair but excesive and Erreala did not play as badly as the result might reflect, but was very weak in both ends.
I think that the game, from an Erreala point of view, showed again which are this team´s current strengths and weaknesses : when the opponent is supposed to have to dictate the rythm of the game, Erreala feels comfortable, the pressure on the opponent is good and they are brave looking for the goal. The problems arrive when the opponent scores and Erreala is obliged to attack more directly, we lack quality (even more without Nihat, Karpin and Xabi Prieto) and dificulties grow.
Amorrortu opted to put Gari Uranga in the right wing and Gabilondo as a second striker behind Kovacevic, they did not play well but it was a good decision IMO. Gabilondo has the conditions to play there, he just needs the faith to try things and become an important man in the team. Mladenovic played his first game as a starter and did not show much, he played in Karpin´s position with Mikel Alonso behind him. I still think he is a good player but I´m not very sure of his place in the team.

About Athletic, I don´t think they played brilliantly but they yet managed to be superior to us. Anyway they must somehow recover last months´ form. Since they were eliminated from the UEFA Cup, they lack something... Yeste has been out for a month and he needs to be in form again, Iraola is not the man he was some time ago, Gurpegi works hard but does not have much influence in the game... or maybe they just need to regain some chemistry again. Those are my impressions, correct me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts