Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visit to the difficult Madrigal, we´re 5 points from European positions so we know what we have to do, the players say the don´t want to play Intertoto, well or they end in the first six or they win the cup, better both.;)

I think our players were a bit tired lately so this rest have probably been good for them, except Del Horno who played the 180 minutes for 'la selección'.

This is Valverde´s list, no Julen,:( Tiko is sanctioned and Yeste finally returns after the injury, he doesn´t play since the Austria game.

Aranzubia, Lafuente.

Lacruz, Murillo, Javi González, L.Prieto, Casas, Del Horno.

Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Solabarrieta, Iraola, Yeste, Jonan.

Etxeberria, Ezquerro, Llorente, Urzaiz.

I suppose Valverde will continue with the 4-4-2 for away games, although it didn´t work in the last 2 visits (Málaga and Barcelona). We won 2-1 against Villarreal in San Mamés, with Iraola & Etxebe outplaying Arruabarrena on the right, should try something similar.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Welcome back Yeste, I think we really missed him...

Villarreal is a great team off course, who are still in Europe (as only Spanish one), but why wouldn't it be possible to beat them? When there's no faith we've lost already without starting the match, so --> AUPA ATHLETIC!!!

Txupa said:
We won 2-1 against Villarreal in San Mamés, with Iraola & Etxebe outplaying Arruabarrena on the right, should try something similar.
What a couple!!! :star:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
wow... Athletic's poor form is impressive. In any case, I give a lot of credit to Villarreal. Their football is brilliant. I only watched the 2nd half and I think that they outplayed Athletic. It was 3-1, but they forgave many chances to increase the result. They smell like CL.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
Koeman4 said:
wow... Athletic's poor form is impressive. In any case, I give a lot of credit to Villarreal. Their football is brilliant. I only watched the 2nd half and I think that they outplayed Athletic. It was 3-1, but they forgave many chances to increase the result. They smell like CL.
I haven't seen the match, yet, though I find it laughable the likes of JRR and Reina aren't good enough for our club. I read the match report and Reina supposedly pulled off a string of saves while JRR had at least one more assist. Hey though, who I am to argue? IMO we should just give them away for free. :rollani:

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
.BLAUGRANA. said:
I haven't seen the match, yet, though I find it laughable the likes of JRR and Reina aren't good enough for our club. I read the match report and Reina supposedly pulled off a string of saves while JRR had at least one more assist. Hey though, who I am to argue? IMO we should just give them away for free. :rollani:
In fact, we're paying the biggest part of Riquelme's salary... and it happens the same with Rochemback and Saviola. :wallbang:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually the first half was good for Athletic, the 2-1 on halftime was unfair, we had several good chances, scored a good goal and received 2 in mistakes, something normal lately, especially when Lacruz is involved. Mention that guy, José Mari, he only scores against us, he already scored us a hat-trick with Atlético.:wallbang:

But my impression is that we burnt all that energy in that first half, because in the second we looked dead, especially after the 3rd, it was significative to see Forlán being faster with the ball on his feet than Lacruz without it.:rolleyes: After that, Villarreal had all the spaces in the world and Riquelme, Forlán, Sa etc made everything they wanted. Significative also that Llorente didn´t play a single minute after scoring 2 goals last week.:eek:

And that against a team that has played more or less the same minutes than us this season, they started the season on August with the intertoto. I hope Valverde knows what he´s doing with the physicall preparation because we need to be at 100% on 2 weeks for the semis of the Cup.

About the players, I only save Etxebe, hard work & great play in the goal, the rest were all bad. Especially as I´ve said Lacruz, he´s had enough time to get the form after the injury and it looks like he won´t be the same after that knee injury, and that for a player that bases his football on speed... Also Casas played bad, he was as bad as Del Horno in defense but he didn´t offer anything in attack.

Anyway, the UEFA places seem too far right now, even more watching our current forces, so probably playing the season to one card in the Cup is the best option.... or not, we can always get another good run in the league.;)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Losing in an away game isn't really a surprise, but we're far away now from the European football spots in the league, but there's still the Cup :thumbsup: , but when we meet Betis we've to find our form back we had before the game against Austria...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts