Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 461 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another match in the countdown for the title. We play at home against one of the strongest teams in La Liga nowadays. The team has raised its level in the last weeks and we look very reliable again. One of the keys to assure the title is to assure the home matches and we've had a couple of bad games lately in the Camp Nou against Atletico and Espanyol.

You all know Betis quite well. They have a good attacking line. Joaquín is their key player in the right wing, very dangerous if he has a good day; Edu in the left wing, although he tends to play in the center, he scores easily; and Oliveira as striker, being one of the top scorers in La Liga. Also Fernando can play behind Oliveira and this guy also scores easily.

In the midfield they play with Arzu and Assunçao. None of them is anything great... except Assunçao's free kicks. The Brazilian has scored 7 free kicks this season plus 7 balls to the posts. So we have to avoid the free kicks near our goal, because it's a kind of penalty... and this is not an exageration.

Their defense is also quite good. Varela and Luis Fernandez are the full backs. The central defenders are also quite good, Juanito is international with Spain in this position and Rivas is doing a good season too. Also, Doblas, their goalie, is showing a good level.

Do not forget that they also have big players on the bench like Denilson or Benjamín.

We must take care with the set pieces, not only for Assunçao's free kicks, they also have people who are very dangerous with the headers as Juanito, Edu and Rivas.

Betis is a team that likes to play nice football. Their coach is the ex-Barça coach Llorenç Serra Ferrer. So I don't expect them to be the typical team that comes to the Camp Nou to defend. Real Betis is a really good team and one of the candidates to play in the CL next year. In any case, the 3 points should not leave the Camp Nou.

SOM-HI BARÇA!

·
Registered
154 Posts
It will be a good game,and if you win it is all over!
I think Betis can not do more than a point on Nou Camp!

·
Registered
905 Posts
the referee is Pino Zamorano which sucks because he loves to give cards
Puyol, Xavi and Deco are 1 yellow card left from been banned for the next match "the classico" .
in 2003 Pino Zamorano gave in total 6 red cards between Espanyol-Barcelona
Marquez, Quaresma and Cocu were the victims...
i hope they will win/draw as long as Puyol Xavi and Deco dont get cards

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
The yellow card situation is nerving.... i dont want to see xavi, puyol, Deco being too nice against betis causing us to get maybe 1 point only! yet i want them to play against Madrid.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
This is a very tough match for Barcelona. I think we will have to see Barca at their best to get the three points here.

I think a draw is the most realistic result, but Barcelona certainly have the quality to win. Obviously, Madridistas are hoping for a Betis win so that El Clasico becomes interesting, and I wouldn't rule that out considering the fact Betis have been arguably the best team in Spain so far in 2005.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
This is a very tough match for Barcelona. I think we will have to see Barca at their best to get the three points here.

I think a draw is the most realistic result, but Barcelona certainly have the quality to win. Obviously, Madridistas are hoping for a Betis win so that El Clasico becomes interesting, and I wouldn't rule that out considering the fact Betis have been arguably the best team in Spain so far in 2005.
Translation: I predict Barcelona will not win, like every other Barcelona match I predicted so far. I think this is very realistic, considering Barcelona drew a humoungous ammount of 5 matches and lost a whopping total of 3 matches and won only 21 matches. This is my non-biased and very realistic, like always, opinion.

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
Barcawinner :- :D Haha that cracked me up.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
El Fenómeno. said:

You better win Albacete before thinking in what's going to do Barça, because maybe El Clasico could only be a tribute for the leader in the Bernabeu :howler:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barcawinner said:
Translation: I predict Barcelona will not win, like every other Barcelona match I predicted so far. I think this is very realistic, considering Barcelona drew a humoungous ammount of 5 matches and lost a whopping total of 3 matches and won only 21 matches. This is my non-biased and very realistic, like always, opinion.
:D.

You never let it go, do you?

I said Barcelona have the quality to win, so I don't know what your problem is.

For the last time, Barcawinner, of course Barcelona are favourites for this match. I always say this before Barca games- Cules are the favourites to win because they are the best team in the league.

Go and see how many Barca fans go on the Real Madrid match threads and predict a Real Madrid win. Hardly any. So don't expect us to come on here and predict a Barca win when Betis have been playing really well so far this year. :rollani:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
El Fenómeno. said:
Go and see how many Barca fans go on the Real Madrid match threads and predict a Real Madrid win. Hardly any. So don't expect us to come on here and predict a Betis win when they've been playing really well so far this year. :rollani:
hahaha :D

Sure, we're more realistic... Real Madrid wins 2 matches and then loses one and ties another one. The chances of being right are really high. :pp

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
Barcawinner said:

LOL

Boy, you've got a decent sense of humor. :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
ona serious note,this game won't be easy Rijkaard said that he will play with his best line-up and he doesn't want to drop points at home so expect a victory that way we'll be ready for "los Mierdas" :fero:

the only problem is with those F****** bookings i don't want see Puyol/Xavi or Deco missing El Classico it would a huge loss for us. :doh:

BTW who's the referee for this game?i hope it's NOT Lisandro Omar :D

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Dont worry guys, even without some of the players, we will beat Real Madird, and it would even be sweeter as we would do it with our subs!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Barcawinner said:
omg.....this imust be the post of the month....lmao,rolfmao and lol

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
A win in this game is more important than worrying about the next game. Beating Madrid would obviously be sweet, but if we go into that game having won this one, then anything up to and including a 2-0 defeat would still leave a HUGE advantage in our favour. Since in Spain if teams are level it goes to head to head record before goal difference. Ours is better, by the way :D.

Win this, then we'll concern ourselves with the Madrid game. And even then, after that game there are 3 lesser teams to play, games which the players will be thinking they can win. The whole point in having a lead is to give yourself leeway. I'm not saying I would accept defeat in their shambolic, NON 5 star stadium ( :pp :pp :D ), but winning the other games is more important.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
1,944 Posts
We'll be missing Marquez to shore up the defensive midfield. It'll be a hard match for Albertini/Gerard to limit the chances to Betis. Puyol will probably end up doing most of the defending himself. Joaquin is always a danger, but who do we start at LB? Sylvinho has been playing OK defensively the past couple of matches, but Gio apparently had a good game vs. Romania.

I predict we won't have too much trouble scoring one of two, but I just hope we won't concede as much. I agree with K4 that Betis won't come out and defend all out like most of the other clubs that we have played at the Camp Nou. Good thing is that we have Victor, who has been in the best form of his career lately.

·
Registered
841 Posts
I would start Albertini because I don't predict that a visiting team to the Camp Nou will attack too much. Puyol, Xavi, and Deco will be a worry but I am sure they are not stupid enough to get a yellow card and will play against madrid. However "in-form" Betis may be, our side is still the best in La Liga. I think we will win, but it will be hard.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
We've been unlucky a fair bit this season what with bad finishing, referees etc. Time to show we deserve to be champions and wipe these guys out with a ruthless, efficient, overwhelming display. We are significantly better than them in every way.

Let's break the 5 goal barrier!

1 - 20 of 461 Posts