Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match will be played tonight at 22.00h in San Mamés. The match is sold-out. Referee is Pérez Lima.

Clemente called these 18 players.
Lafuente, Aranzubia;
Iraola, Expósito, Ustaritz, Prieto, Murillo, Lacruz, Casas;
Orbaiz, Tiko, Guerrero, Yeste, Etxeberria;
Aduriz, Llorente, Dañobeitia, Urzaiz;

If I'm right Amorebieta is injured (something with his knee), and Gurpegi is banned.

Really don't know what Clemente's plans are, but let's have a try about the starting XI. Guess it will be something like this.
Lafuente
Iraola - Ustaritz - Prieto - Casas
Orbaiz - Murillo
Etxeberria - Yeste (wings)
Urzaiz - Aduriz

Casas to replace Amorebieta, Murillo to replace Gurpegi, and starting with Urzaiz... these are all doubtable choices by me. Could easily be Lacruz will play in defence, Tiko or Guerrero to have a more attacking midfield... but we'll see tonight.

It's important to go on now, we're unbeaten now for three matches in a row, unique this season, taking in mind our next match will be in Euskadi too, versus direct rivals in the relegation battle Alavès it's especially important not to loose versus the number 2 of La Liga at the moment.
Hopefully it will be just as entertaining as last year :D

Osasuna comes with the following players
Ricardo y Elía;
Izquierdo, Javier Flaño, Josetxo, Cruchaga, Miguel Flaño, Corrales;
David López, Ortiz, Raúl García, Muñoz, Marcelo Sosa, Delporte, Moha; Milosevic, Romeo, Webó;

Some great players, think we all know them...

Then just lefts me to say --> AUPA ATHLETIC!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Knoert said:
and starting with Urzaiz... [/B]
I agree 100%, he should start. We need a BIG performance from him.

Pity about Gurpegi being banned :rolleyes: , but so be it!!

I'm quietly confident, Osasuna don't score loads of goals so if we keep it tight at the back and get plenty of crosses in for Urzaiz, I think we'll be ok.

and as you say....Aupa.....AUPA

:hopefull: :hopefull: :hopefull:

·
Registered
121 Posts
The match is live on Swedish TV! Which means I'll probably be a nervous wreck for 90 minutes + stoppage time...

Being an Athleticfan can't be good four your health...

Anyways, AUPA ATHLETIC!!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Athletic:

.....................Lafuente

Expósito....Ustaritz....Prieto....Casas

Iraola........Murillo.....Orbaiz.....Yeste

.............Etxeberria...Aduriz

bench: Aranzubia, Lacruz, Tiko, Guerrero, Dañobeitia, Llorente, Urzaiz.

Osasuna:

.....................Ricardo

J.Flaño.....Cruchaga....Josetxo...Corrales

D.López.....R.García......Muñoz......Moha

.................Webó.......Milosevic

bench: Elía, Izquierdo, Miguel Flaño, Ortiz, Sosa, Romeo, Delporte.

Pre-game opinion:

Playing home is not the same as playing away and I think we will miss someone with a better possesion of the ball instead of Murillo, I´m talking about Tiko. And the absence of Isma Urzaiz in home games is always a bad new.

The absence of Cuéllar in defense should help us, Cruchaga isn´t what he used to be.

Hope we win, aupa Athletic!:fero:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uff I was close :D...

Seriously, I hoped for Urzaiz, some 'body' up front. Now we don't really have a 'targetman'... anyway, give it a go.

Radio's on, AUPA ATHLETIC!

Just remind me of our friend BasqueWolf must be at the match?
If so, enjoy it! :D The atmosphere is great on the radio so far :thumbsup: .

Another thing, bad news as Betis beat Villarreal away :googly: , and Malaga got a point at home versus Barça :googly: .

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
0-0 at half time, we got chances (Iraola, Orbaiz) Osasuna too (Webo, Milosevic)... but both not much, perhaps the 2nd half offers more.

Murillo and Muñoz got yellow.

Aupa Athletic!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For some reason I feel this is a typical 0-0 match... just a feeling... or we score of course far in injury time :D.

A por ellooooooos oooooeeeeeeeee

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
quatorce en la segunda... Prietoooooooooooo

Athletic UNO, Osasuna zero :D...

Good attack from what I understand...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLL!!!

Hang on now, this would be a great result... also the atmosphere is really great I can't say it enough!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well done boys. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Best performance of the season and have improved alot in the last 7 or 8 games in terms of concentration and solidness.

Ustaritz :star: :star: :star: , a real discovery and i hope he keeps it up.

·
Registered
228 Posts
saw the game at Nevada Smith's in Manhattan. three wins in a row :thumbsup: i had to laugh at/with a guy wearing an Athletic jersey saying after the game, "There's still time for us to qualify for the UEFA Cup!" Ossasuna did not show much, i can't see how they are the second best team in the PL based on today. I think Athletic Club is almost safe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Great win!!! Osasuna have been in good form lately so that was a really good result.

As I said earlier, Osasuna don't score loads of goals so we did the right thing by keeping it tight at the back.

The last few results show that we definately have the players to be a 1st Division side and probably a top half club next season, we just need to get off to a good start...unlike this season :rolleyes:

The effort that the players have been putting in is a great testament to the way Clemente gets things done.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
One of the best games of the season for Athletic (it doesn´t mean a lot taking in mind our usual level) but it was a serious game by the lions, with a lot of pressure, don´t letting Osasuna think when they had the ball and with clear ideas when we had it. I think Clemente was better than Agirre last night, true that Athletic had the excellent support of a stadium that pushes the players to the victory.

Not too much offensive presence by Athletic (there were some counters where we only had one player) but we managed to create danger with attacks through wings, specially thanks to the good assists by Yeste and Orbaiz, it´s clear that the last victories have given our players confidence to try more 'risky' passes.

I had my doubts about Murillo´s presence but it´s true he made a better game than in Vigo, solid in defense and actually giving some good passes, his presence helped Orbaiz had more freedom to play the ball, he made one of his best games of the season.

The defense was solid (except a couple of mistakes) with Ustaritz shining above the rest again, and against 2 great attackers as Webó and Milosevic. He wasn´t at 100% after his problems on Wednesday, he had to be subbed in the last minutes, but his work was excellent. He´s playing some brilliant games lately, he´s been a great addition to our defense (one of the reasons of the few goals we receive lately), hope his progression continues. Mention also the work of the rest of the defenders, with Prieto even scoring the victory goal (zorionak Luis!) and Casas playing a good game after a lot of time out of the lineups, and against a difficult rival as David López.

The attacking line did a good work, not too many attacks but good ones, with Yeste commanding the attack, Iraola & Etxebe entering through the wings and Aduriz fighting the 90 minutes. It´s true we missed Urzaiz on some moments since many good centers didn´t find a head to score.

MOM for Ustaritz and Yeste (another assist and great work in defense & attack) although San Mamés deserves a mention. As Clemente said yesterday, these fans deserve a team that fights for the title.:cool:

BTW, I saw 3 penalties in Osasuna´s box, after winning we can thank the ref because that would have been a problem taking in mind our problems to score them,:D but honestly, at least he could have seen 1.:eek:

33 points, we take some air, without playing great and suffering a lot at least the team gives us an impression of a certain improvement, 10 of the last 12 points won.

PD: Well done Isma!:fero::cool:

·
Registered
233 Posts
thanks for the highlights! clear that urzaiz wanted to help his teammate :tongue:
It's a nice action for the team, but he will propably banned for 2 matches, like deco had when he attack gurpe..

ps. mallorca down at celta 2-0, that's good for us, hope our competitors lose it so we can stay at the 12th spot!

·
Registered
233 Posts
GREAT :D the concurrents played in athletic's advantage! We share the 12th spot with racing and betis, but still, we are the absolute nr12 :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts