Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Barcelona wants to wear their senyera kits to celebrate Diada Catalunya. If the referee allows that, then in response, Athletic will wear their ikurriña kits.

·
Registered
947 Posts
The Ikurrina-kits are the away kits, so that at least should not be a problem to be allowed, no?
By the way... I have bought that shirt in my stay in Bilbao. :D

About that match... well, it is IN Barcelona, so I guess we don't really have a chance.
A draw would be awesome, but I just hope, Athletic won't lose too high...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean? We beat Barcelona in San Mamés and in Camp Nou, we led 1-0 in the second half.

They can win this game. Probable? No. But chances are way better than what you're prescribing.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
We played 83 league games in Camp Nou, we've lost 57 times, drawn 9 times and won 17 times. Our last victory over there is 13 years ago...

Nothing is impossible, but it's not realistic to think we can get something out of it.

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
HT 0-0
Not a bad match so far, we had chances to be in the lead, and they had too, their chances were not converted mostly thanks to Iraizoz and some fantastic defending than anything else.

·
Registered
947 Posts
To be honest, I am quite content with Athletic by now. :) Let's see how this match is going on in the 2nd half.
If we get a point, I am pleased.

But it is Camp Nou, never forget...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Exciting first half. Too exciting since I'm supposed to be working. Couple close calls in the box that could have gone against our side. Lucky there. Good football all around.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Barcelona is angry now and all of them are trying to score.
To keep this will be very hard for Athletic... am not enjoying this match right now...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Damn it!!

The penalty. Yes.. and in German football forums, the kids are whining because they think, that the ref is an Athletic fan who did not give Barcelona a penalty somewhen during that match (I don't know what they are all talking about, but well).

·
Registered
947 Posts
Yes, if you speak German, just look at this.

mmer diesen beschissenen Schiedsrichter!
Ich hab das Gefühl der trägt priavt auch nen Bilbao Trikot.
Elfmeter nicht gegeben, reguläres Tor nicht gegeben, Freistoß nicht gegeben, ne klare Ecke übersehen...Zum Kotzen einfach nur noch.
http://www.transfermarkt.de/jornada-3/thread/forum/50/thread_id/223870/page/2

Bei "gefährlichem Spiel" (zu hohem Bein) gibt es indirekten Freistoß und _kein_ Elfmeter.
http://www.transfermarkt.de/jornada-3/thread/forum/50/thread_id/223870/page/3#543501

Just disgusting.
Well... German football fans. Handclapping children.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Mes que un club my a$$... They don't differ from Real Madrid at nothing in my eyes. Except they are a little less arrogant.

Not a good performance overall, we lost some good passes upfront and we were quite nervous when we had the ball. They kept on trying with through balls to expose Gurpegi and Balenziaga and they finally managed to do it. Balenziaga must learn to cover his position better.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Jesus Christ Lucie get over it...there were some decisions that could easily gone against us (the penalty, the offside etc.).

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
FT 2-0
We created lots of opportunities, not converted of course, but I dont remember when making many opportunities against Barcelona in recent years.
We allowed them to get into dangerous position a lot, but we covered and blocked the danger in the end numerous times.
Laporte had a bad game, some terrible passing, and one of them led to Barca's goal, well, he was just having a bad game.
like loss against Malaga, lots of positives to be taken from this match, just result not desired one.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts