Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Match will be played Sunday at 13:00 GMT (16:00 Moscow time), translated by Channel One.

Last 5 matches in Moscow was won by CSKA. Last time when CSKA lose to Saturn was in April 2002.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
After today U21 match where he played 90 minutes, I doubt he will start tomorrow. Max he will start at the bench and will come for the last 5 minutes.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I saw the last 5 min good shot by jo.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a goal! Quick counter-attack, Jo on the half-line through backpass to Zhirkov, he maid 50-meters run to the backline (dribbling past one and battling past another opponent) and passed the ball to the center of the area, where lone Vanger Love scored with one-timer.
Generally both team played better in the second half, CSKA still had an advantage but Saturn tried hard and it was not their fault that CSKA is better.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Saturn looked good,i saw the last 20 min,the normal cska strong upfront but so crap defending.

Carvalho looks fat and not the same player.

The result could go either way....

·
Registered
10,439 Posts

·
Registered
68,581 Posts
Great goal, Saturn were tough but a desrved victory for us, the difference in class was clear.

Akinfeev, 6 - Not much to do, had a good clearence on a Saturn cross towards the end of the game.
Vasya, 6- Solid.
Igna 6,-Solid.
Lyosha-Solid
Semberad 6- Not very visible but did what he usually does. Good patient passing. No mistakes.
Dudu 5,5 -Active, not as involved offensively as he has been as of late but good work rate out there as usual.
Odiah 4,5- Saw alot of the ball and didn't do much with it. Poor first touch, mediocre passing, poor dribbling for the most part.
Krasic 6,- Great work effort from Milos which is something he's really improved on. Involved in nearly every attack up to his substitution.
Zhirkov 7,5- MoM AGAIN. Great skill as always, world class stuff on the goal.
Vagner 6- Not very involved up to the goal but held the ball up well, and the goal.
Jo 6,5- Clever play as usual, very active, cheeky back heel that sparked the attack for the goal.

Subs: Carvalho- 5,5...He's still rusty but put in a good effort. Drew a couple of fouls. Rahimic- No rating, not enough time to show anything.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Congrats on the win, I may watch this later. I wasn't impressed with Odiah vs. Shinnik either, and I'm not really sure what he adds to the squad right now. But great to see that Zhirkov, Jo and Krasic played well. Once CSKA get a health Carvalho [or Kalouda] to combine with those guys, I think they may go on a role, especially with how poor Spartak looked yesterday.

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
In my opinion Odiah was very good in defense today, Saturn have not many attacks made by their left wing and he even have time to help in center and even on our left defence a couple of times. In attack he was worse, but he have to find his own play again and he was definitely better than in match against Shinnik.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
I didn't saw the first 70 min but the game in the last 20 min was 50/50,period...saturn miss only the last touch.

Dmitry you are realy crazy to give such a high rating to ignas and his sisters.:dielaugh:

·
Registered
68,581 Posts
If Zhirkov continues to put in performaces like this he'll be off to a big club and Caner would be his logical replacement.

·
Registered
68,581 Posts
We really need Carvalho or Kalouda in that center midfield. Krasic had to come in today and try to create because that's not Dudu's game, and Odiah had to cover for Milos on the right flank.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
If Zhirkov continues to put in performaces like this he'll be off to a big club and Caner would be his logical replacement.
That would be the biggest mistake he could ever make.

Dmitriy, I already told you, he curls up in a feetle position when he goes up against opponents he respects. He is great in Russia where defenders are sub par and he knows he's better than them, when he plays against formittable opponents he takes himself out of the game psychologically. Very dissapointing becasue he does have good skill on the ball.

However that was a great burst today, I was impressed. The nutmeg looked pretty easy as the bonehead defender looked to just run by the ball before Zhirkov even touched it, but then Zhirkov took another excellent touch with his right foot and did well feinting the pass for a few extra steps before making a precise cross. :thmbup: Good stuff, but he will never do that against solid opposition. Not because he can't, but because he tells himself he can't inside his scared brain.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Just finished watching the match, and it was a good one for CSKA. They pretty much dominated posession, and only at tight Saturn defense and some poor final touches for CSKA stopped the Army Side from winning this one by multiple goals. I thought #3 Zelao, [Saturn's new Brazilian defender] was very impressive.

These would be my ratings for CSKA which are pretty similar to those of Dmitriy:

Akinfeev (5.5): CSKA's solid defense really bottled up Saturn in the final third, and Igor really wasn't tested.

A. Berezutsky (6): Saturn attacked his brother much more, but Aleksei did just fine.

Ignashevich (6): I thought he was very solid in the heart of CSKA's defense. Never really looked troubled.

V. Berezutsky (7): I thought he was fantastic. Saturn really tried to pressure him on the left side of the pitch with Ivanov and others, but he was just a brick wall. I was impressed with his pace and footwork.

Odiah (5): I can't fault his workrate at all. He was absolutely relentless pushing down the right side of the pitch, but his crosses always left something to be desired.

Semberas (5): Quiet as usual with nothing fancy.

Dudu (5.5): As Dmitriy said, excellent workrate.

Krasic (5.5): Milos is always a frustrating player to watch. He is absolutely dazzling at times, and his pace is fantastic. But the fact that he dribbles with his head down stops him from becoming a truly great player. At one point, Jo was streaking to the goal wide open, but Krasic simply didn't see him, and by the time he looked up it was too late. Nevertheless, he still played hard and was very dangeorus.

Zhirkov (7): Absolutely fantastic run on the goal. He displayed tremendous pace, strength, and ball control. I've seen him twice this year, and both times he has been in fine form.

Jo (5.5): Great back flick to kick-start Zhirkov's amazing run, but otherwise Jo was defended very well by Zelao IMO. He was creative as always, and looked dangerous at times, but today simply wasn't his best. I think having a playmaker like Carvalho or Kalouda will benefit he and Vagner tremendously; the connection from the midfield to Jo and Vagner right now is just not quite clicking.

Vagner (5.5): Very nice finish off of Zhirkov's great pass. Otherwise he just didn't receive enough quality service IMO. Give credit to Saturn's defense; they really did a nice job on he and Jo. They simply weren't allowed much space, time or options IMO.

subs

Carvalho (5.5): This guy is the missing link to CSKA's attack IMO. As Dmitriy said, he didn't look great out there. Still, even in his diminished form, his wonderful creativity and pace drew a couple of blatant fouls. If Daniel can round into anywhere near the form that he was in a few years ago, I think CSKA might cruise to the title. In addition, I think this guy will create more space for Krasic and Zhirkov (which is good given their fine form), and provide better scoring opportunites for Jo and Vagner who look a bit frustrated out there.

Rahimic (NA)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts