Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 259 Posts

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

The games are coming close after eachother. On tuesday night Barça will play against Getafe at Camp Nou. Getafe has after a great start this season, gone down in the table and is right now, with one more game played, on 10th place. The 5 last Getafe games:

Getafe 1-2 Deportivo la Coruña
Zaragoza 1-2 Getafe
Getafe 1-0 Real Betis
Valencia 1-1 Getafe
Getafe 0-3 Atlético Madrid

They have gone up and down, but the win against Zaragoza and the draw against Valencia is impressive. We need to win this game, because we have the chance to increase our gap to Valencia and Real because they both are playing tough games in that round.

Márquez will definetly be out because of an injury. Edmílson is suspended. Motta will be back.

I guess we'll see this line-up:

Valdés
Belletti-Oleguer-Puyol-Sylvinho
Deco-Motta-Iniesta
Larsson-Eto'o-Ronaldinho

Sylvinho or Gio is always a question, but I think Sylvinho will start because Gio started today. Iniesta and van Bommel was both good in today's game and it will be hard for Rijkaard to choose. I'd like Iniesta because we will control the game and Iniesta is better in that point of view. Larsson might be a doubt because of the knock he got in the game against Sociedad, but I havn't heard anything about it so I reckon he'll start after scoring 5 goals in 5 games.

We need a win and it will be good for the confidence if we keep a clean sheet again, especially for Valdés. I just hope Belletti can close his side better this time than he did against Osasuna.

My bet: 3-0 (Samuel Eto'o, Deco, Iniesta)

Visca Barça!!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
im really curious about Marquez's injury yesterday against Sociedad. how bad is it? does he ahve to miss thwe champions league game?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
zanggyuman said:
im really curious about Marquez's injury yesterday against Sociedad. how bad is it? does he ahve to miss thwe champions league game?
Marquez is out for 3 weeks and he's been ruled out of the Benfica game and "El Clasico".

About this game i like Messi's line-up.
Considering the high number of players who are in the treatment room i didn't expect us to have such a great team available.
This is second best line-up we can field even without injuries ( The perfect line-up would be Marquez patnering as a CB and Oleguer as a RB)

Anyway 3 points are a must and any other result would be a failure.

VISCA BARCA

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Well, we can still present a competitive lineup for this game. Step by step, first Getafe, then Benfica. We can't fail at home, just winning the home games from here to the end we have the 85% of the title in our pocket.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
How are we going to play Benfica without Puyol and Marquez, really??!!

Sorry for focusing on this, but Getafe will hardly represent a problem so it's not interesting to discuss them.

·
40,147 Posts
Passion4Barca said:
How are we going to play Benfica without Puyol and Marquez, really??!!
Yep... any volunteers to play in Lisbon? Raise your hands, please :D

Sorry for focusing on this, but Getafe will hardly represent a problem so it's not interesting to discuss them.
That's why I'm here to say "I don't like how this game looks like, take care of the almighty Getafe". Schuster is back! :scared: :pp

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I have to discuss this!

We'll have to play Motta as our CB (that's great) and Belletti as our RB (that's even better).

I'm really worried now.

--------

By the way, I refuse to give Getafe the attention which they didn't deserve.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Passion4Barca said:
I have to discuss this!

We'll have to play Motta as our CB (that's great) and Belletti as our RB (that's even better).

I'm really worried now.

--------

By the way, I refuse to give Getafe the attention which they didn't deserve.
I'm pretty sure Edmílson will be back for the game against Benfica.
Belletti-Edmílson-Oleguer-Sylvinho
------------Motta---------------

I don't want Gio now, we need more stability.

Back to the topic. Does anybody know if Getafe has anybody suspended?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
With all the injuries piling up, it looks like we'll see something like this:

Valdés; Belletti, Puyol, Oleguer, Gio/Sylvinho; Motta, Deco, Van Bommel/Iniesta; Giuly, Ronaldinho and Eto'o.

It's not a bad line-up considering the circumstances. I'm just glad we're facing Getafe at home.

I don't know what's happening with Henrik, but lets hope he isn't out for too long.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Barçawinner said:
If Puyol gets a yellow card he will be suspended the next match.
It just gets worse and worse, doesn't it. :D

In that case, he MUST get a booking in the Getafe game, because if he doesn't the ref in the Malaga game will find SOME way to make him miss the Madrid game.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Carles you liked that lineup?!!! Did you not see what happens when oleguer play in CB ? Its not like we have a choice anymore though....

when Oleguer sits in CB and Belletti takes RB ... its the end of Marking as we know it.. FR knows all too well what happens then. He played that combo not so long ago and they were piling "one on ones" at us like they were crosses or something.

·
40,147 Posts
Moe said:
Carles you liked that lineup?!!! Did you not see what happens when oleguer play in CB ? Its not like we have a choice anymore though....

when Oleguer sits in CB and Belletti takes RB ... its the end of Marking as we know it.. FR knows all too well what happens then. He played that combo not so long ago and they were piling "one on ones" at us like they were crosses or something.
You're a bit harsh, I think... with Oleguer in the CB, we were champions last year.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Moe said:

I said in my previous post that the best line-up we can field would consist of Marquez-Puyol as a central pair and Oleguer as a RB.
Considering the circumstances Messi's line-up is the best.
I don't feel secure either with The Oleguer-Belletti combo but we use what we have. It's not like we have any other choice.

·
Registered
366 Posts
My pick for Getafe:

------------Valdes----------
Belletti-Oleguer-Puyol-Silvinho
------------Iniesta----------
--------Deco---Motta-------
-------------------Ronnie---
Larsson-----Eto'o------------

I think we don't really have a problem for next match.. as long as Silvinho and Belletti play more defensively.. just like that Chelsea match..

and I think iniesta should play in DM because he holds the ball better and possession is much more important now..

1 - 20 of 259 Posts