Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's discuss the next match!
At the first round we won 2:1 now we can make the score more.

For a great pitty we will be without Deco! 4 yellow cards.

But we also have Xavi, Guily, Albertini - players that can play Deco's role.
And also Ronny is a playmaker!

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Deco is not out. In Spain, its the 5th card that brings the suspension. Both Xavi and Deco are sitting on four, one mor eand they are out.

If they get it against Depor, then they sit against Betis, if they get it against Betis, then they sit against Madrid:eek:

I would like to see at least one of them forcing the 5th yellow against Deportivo.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
fc barcelona said:
we're going to play this game in the Riazor not in Camp Nou as the title of the thread suggests. ;)
Right on ;) I'll edit the title.

Back to the game itself - Deportivo are unpredictable, but I'm confident that we can get a win out of this game. If we sit back and let Deportivo pressure us, then there could be trouble as the likes of Luque and Víctor can cause problems on the flanks. But this Barça will not do that, and I expect our forward line to keep Depor's back line busy. If Deportivo play like they did against Malaga, then they will have no chance. I expect Ronaldinho and Eto'o to produce the goods, especially on the counter attack.

Som-hi nois! :thmbup:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Remember when they beat madrid 2-0 ? They are strong on RiaZor , dont underestimate, i willl be happy with a draw because it is one of the worst away games to face.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
gatudiktaren said:
Remember when they beat madrid 2-0 ? They are strong on RiaZor , dont underestimate, i willl be happy with a draw because it is one of the worst away games to face.
While I'm not denying that Deportivo can be strong at home, their victory over Real Madrid was more due to Madrid being shit than Deportivo being good ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
While I'm not denying that Deportivo can be strong at home, their victory over Real Madrid was more due to Madrid being shit than Deportivo being good ;)

I don't think so. Luque was up for it and if Tristan wasn't such a poofter in front of goal sometimes, they would have won 3 or 4 - 0. Mauro Silva nullified anything Figo could come up with and Collocini was a rock. Coloccini isn't that great of a player IMO but he was definitely playing his socks off against El Real.

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
barça said:
Deco is not out. In Spain, its the 5th card that brings the suspension. Both Xavi and Deco are sitting on four, one mor eand they are out.

If they get it against Depor, then they sit against Betis, if they get it against Betis, then they sit against Madrid:eek:

I would like to see at least one of them forcing the 5th yellow against Deportivo.
When Deco recieved his card yesterday the TV said '______ suspension' I don't speak SPanish. So don't know what the first word was but, I am pretty positive about the second one.

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Barca_AT19 said:
When Deco recieved his card yesterday the TV said '______ suspension' I don't speak SPanish. So don't know what the first word was but, I am pretty positive about the second one.
The TV was wrong.

·
Registered
12,959 Posts
barça said:
Nah, I think Betis is the right team to pick up some yellows. ;)

I hope Deportivo won't look as drugged as did Athletic last night. :shades:

·
21,026 Posts
lili said:
Nah, I think Betis is the right team to pick up some yellows. ;)

I hope Deportivo won't look as drugged as did Athletic last night. :shades:
If those guys don't pick them up against Depor, I am sure the ref will make sure they see them against Betis:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
FC Barca11 said:
I don't think so. Luque was up for it and if Tristan wasn't such a poofter in front of goal sometimes, they would have won 3 or 4 - 0. Mauro Silva nullified anything Figo could come up with and Collocini was a rock. Coloccini isn't that great of a player IMO but he was definitely playing his socks off against El Real.
Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree ;) Real Madrid looked like couldn't be bothered which was a contributing factor to why they conceded two goals early on. After that, Madrid weren't even there. I think it's to easy to shine when your opponents can't be bothered to play ;)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Saturday. As far as Sky Sports go, since they are advertising live coverage on that day.

A draw here wouldn't be a bad result. This is one of the 3 really hard away fixtures we have left. If things go really well, the title could be wrapped up before we have to go to Valencia. If things go reasonably well, a loss in Valencia wouldn't be too damaging either way. A win here would be exceptional, but either way, I think beating Betis and getting at least a point in the Bernabeu will all but kill Madrid's chances regardless of this result.

I can only assume that the mixture of the players' determination to win things, the confidence and relaxed nature of the team thanks to the lead, and the mix of a team that might actually attack us, leading to openings for us might end up for a win for us.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Remember got an european place to play for.

1 Barcelona........65
2 R Madrid........54
3 Villarreal........47
4 R Betis..........45
5 Espanyol.......45
6 Valencia........43
7 Sevilla..........43
8 A Madrid.......42
9 Deportivo C...42

It is pretty even from places 3-9, is it the 4 first places that go to CL ?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
canadian cule said:
is this match to be played at 2130 on saturday or sunday? sorry conflicting report i saw in an article online.
Saturday at 22:00 (in Spain).

As VBI said, a draw is not a bad result in Riazor. Lately, Deportivo are showing their best face and they're getting closer to the CL places, they're just 3 points far after all. They have reacted with pride and that makes them really dangerous, because they're exactly the same team that crushed 4-0 Milan last year.

I fear over-confidence, but, on the other hand, they may be willing to finish with this as soon as possible. The best of all is that we won't have to play with the pressure of winning no matter how as some weeks ago. So we should do our match, it's going to be important to keep the ball, because Deportivo can be like a hurricane if you let them do their game. Recall that last year we were 0-3 up at the begining of the 2nd half and we finished 2-3... and thanx.

Starts the countdown, make it short "nois".

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
gatudiktaren said:
Remember got an european place to play for.

1 Barcelona........65
2 R Madrid........54
3 Villarreal........47
4 R Betis..........45
5 Espanyol.......45
6 Valencia........43
7 Sevilla..........43
8 A Madrid.......42
9 Deportivo C...42

It is pretty even from places 3-9, is it the 4 first places that go to CL ?
Yep.

·
21,026 Posts
Jabo said today that Depor will need to WIN at least 7 of the last ten games due to the log jam to get into Europe. I am sure his team will be motivated and they always give FCB a hard time. I still think that Dinho will continue to play better as he has been doing in the last so many games.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Barca is going to win this game, and RM is going to lose again. That will be the end of their title hopes(If they still have any hopes)

1 - 20 of 197 Posts