·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
VS

SUNDAY MARCH 23
, 21:00H
SAN MAMÉS STADIUM (BILBAO)

Referee: Rafael Ramírez Domínquez (Córdoba; Andalucía)
Record with Athletic: 6W-5D-9L

PAST SEASONS

2004-05 1-2
-Ezquerro; Kome, Michel-
2005-2006 1-0
-Orbaiz(p);-
2006-07 2-0
-Aduriz, Aduriz;

STANDINGS

08º Getafe 39 pts
10º Athletic 36 pts

PROBABLE LINEUPS

ATHLETIC CLUB

ARANZUBIA

IRAOLA - USTARITZ - AMOREBIETA - D.HORNO

SUSAETA - ORBAIZ - J.MARTÍNEZ - YESTE

ETXEBERRIA - LLORENTE

Bench
:
02. Unai Expósito
08. Joseba Garmendia
11. Igor Gabilondo
12. Koikili Lertxundi
23. Aritz Aduriz
25. David López
26. Raúl Fernández-Cávada

Suspended
: -
Kidnapped: Carlos Gurpegi.
Injured: Gorka Iraizoz, Armando Ribeiro, Aitor Ocio, Tiko.
Out: Iban Zubiaurre, Luis Prieto, Ander Murillo, Iñaki Muñoz, David Cuéllar, Aitor Ramos.

GETAFE

Abbondanzieri
Cortés - Belenguer - Tena - Licht
Cotelo - Casquero - De La Red - Gavilán
Albín - Uche

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As commented last week, there's been a bit of brain-work in Athletic and tomorrow's friendly game vs Amurrio (3º) will be officially considered as training, so Gurpegi can play.

These are the players called for this 'training':

Raúl, Iago.
Zubiaurre, Prieto, Murillo, Casas, Jonás Ramalho.
Garmendia, Gurpegi, David López, Iturraspe, Soberón.
Aduriz, Isma López, Muniain, Julen Goñi.

·
Registered
736 Posts
What kind of player is Gurpegi? Will he join the starting eleven?
Now we already have good players as Orbaiz and David Lopez on the bench.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He'll go directly to the starting XI, well at least once he gets the form.

He's strong, brave, good in the air and has goal. Was leader of steals/game ratio in the league for quite some time. He was the lung of the team before the sanction.

I'm interested in knowing how will he get along with Javi Martínez. We can probably have the strongest midfield couple in the league, and the one which runs more kms per game. Although maybe some problems to 'create' football... People as Yeste would have to help a bit in that case... but it worked for France in the WC with Vieira and Makelelé!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
How much time is left till Gurpegi's ban is over?
We'll have one of the most dangerous midfield in the league with 4 quality midfielders - Gurpegi, Orbiz, Martinez and Yeste. Yeste will probably go to the left side of the midfield if we play 4-4-2 with 2 of the players among Orbiz/Gurpegi/Martinez will be rotated in the center. Too bad one of them will have to sit on the bench because they all deserve to be in starting 11. If we play either of 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1/4-1-3-1-1, then yeste can play in the center attacking play maker role.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
April 23rd I think. Well, the first game he can play will be at the Bernabeu, April 27th.

FT in Amurrio: Amurrio 0-2 Athletic
0-1 Aritz Aduriz (28')
0-2 Aritz Aduriz (32')

Caparrós played with:

Aranzubia
Zubiaurre - Murillo - Prieto - Casas
Gurpegi - Garmendia
J. Goñi - Muniain - D.López
Aduriz

Also played: Jonás, Isma López, Soberón, Iturraspe.

Mention Aduriz's goals, let's see if he gains some confidence, Gurpe playing again,:) and 15 years old Muniain starter in a lineup almost totally of Primera (only Julen Goñi from the youth ranks).

In the end Aranzubia has played, yesterday he wasn't in the list. I guess Caparrós does it so Dani gets some form, not because he plans to play Raúl on Sunday, right? Today Iago was in the bench in Amurrio, Raúl trained in Lezama with the regular starters...

·
Registered
421 Posts
For how long is Armando injured!?

Nice to see Aritz scoring! Did they play the game in Amurrio!? Have been there a couple of times..

Aranzubia must have played to get some quality training i guess...

How is Muniain and Julen doing with the big guys!? Did anyone see the game!?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Do you count Casas and Zubiaurre as Primera players? And Prieto,any chance to play a game?
I recall you said Armando will miss 4-5 games,correct?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3 games for sure, and then they'll see how it develops. It's far from clear, he could miss only those 3 games or the rest of the season, and everything between. Let's hope he has luck.

I didn't watch the game but I've read Muniain did well, a bit too individualist sometimes but it's normal. Although the most positive was reading that Gurpe is on a great form, both physically and mentally. :)

Aduriz.

Julen Goñi.

Gurpegi.

Jonás.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I didn't watch the game but I've read Muniain did well, a bit too individualist sometimes but it's normal. Although the most positive was reading that Gurpe is on a great form, both physically and mentally. :)
What kind of player is Muniain? Offensive midfielder it looks like? May he be the replacement of Yeste (soon to be 30, isn't he), unless some clubs steal him?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He plays in midfield and in attack in his team, in the first team Caparrós has played him only in attacking positions.

Good news since Armando is recovering well and he could be ready for the Recreativo game.:)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Something about Gurpegi, I have seen his name as Gurpegui,why that?

And it is good Aduriz scored, he hasn't scored since October

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Gurpegi is a basque lastname, and is written like that, without 'u'.

What happens is that many times you'll see basque lastnames written according to spanish grammar rules, in most of the cases because during Franco's times it was obligatory for every official document. Some people changed them back to correct basque after Franco's death, but in most of the cases they continue bad written, at least in official documents (ids, driving licences etc...) That's why sometimes you see Gurpegui (instead of the correct Gurpegi), Aramburu (Aranburu), Echeverria (Etxeberria), Menchaca (Mentxaka), Azpilicueta (Azpilikueta) etc... In Gurpegi's case he has it with 'u' in the shirt but has said he doesn't matter how people write it (actually in the official page he's always written without 'u') He knows it's correct without 'u' but he's used to write it with 'u', as it's his official name in the id.

Appart from writing the lastnames according to spanish grammar rules it was also obligatory to have spanish names, basque names were prohibited. For example, my mom and uncle still have their names in spanish in their id but everyone calls them by their names in euskera.

So someone who everyone calls Mikel will probably have Miguel in his id if he was born during Franco's times, unless he changed it after. A Jokin will have Joaquín, a Josu -> Jesús, Andoni -> Antonio, Koikili -> Cecilio etc....

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Players called by Caparrós to face Getafe:

Aranzubia, Raúl.
Expósito, Del Horno, Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Koikili, Iraola.
Garmendia, Yeste, Gabilondo, Orbaiz, Javi Martínez, David López, Susaeta.
Llorente, Etxeberria, Aduriz.

Suspended: -
Kidnapped: Gurpegi.
Injured: Iraizoz, Armando, Ocio, Tiko.
Out: Zubiaurre, Prieto, Murillo, Muñoz, Cuéllar, Ramos.

In the end Ocio doesn't make the list because of his problems in the knee, so finally Ustaritz will play two consecutive games. Armando will probably be ready to play vs Recreativo in the next game and today that idiot who trains Betis, Chaparro, has ironically said he's surprised with Armando's fast recovery once the sanction was made public. Maybe this son of a bitch would have prefered him to loose the eye, the medical reports from the hospitals are there in the official page for everyone to check, and the risks suffered by Armando are clear. Plus, noone will give him back this game he will miss thanks to what happened in Sevilla.:mad:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Am I the only one who always finds strange Caparrós' lists?

Without Ocio we have no centerback in the bench, why not call Prieto? Instead we have cover for both fullbacks when for example Expósito can play on both sides if needed. Also, you can call Murillo instead of Expósito who can play as right back and centerback.. I don't know, there are more options... Imagine Usta or Amorebieta get injured/sent off, what do we do? I guess Javi Martínez would play as Cb, but don't think that's the best solution.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks, and yes you are the only.
Prieto has to recover from the difficult season he has so far, 3 minutes are too hard to recover and Murillo still gains fitness because he played many games last year.
Seriously, I think he does this because he doesn't like those players, I can't find another good reason. Zubiaurre plays only as a RB?

The Spanish court hasn't done anything about the comments from OFFICIAL Betis people and media???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Am I the only one who always finds strange Caparrós' lists?
yes you are the only one. Cappa has this tendency to make this strange decision now and then. I remember last year at Depor, he sidelined Coloccini (a class center back) for no apparent reason for many games. So no surprises really.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts