Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankie Yeste and Javi Casas out injured.

The list:

Lafuente, Aranzubia.

Lacruz, Murillo, Prieto, Del Horno, Karanka, Javi González.

Tiko, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Solabarrieta, Iraola, Guerrero.

Ezquerro, Etxeberria, Llorente, Urzaiz.

We visit the leader in a bad week for them, we have to take profit of that, if Barça doesn´t score soon (or we score) they´re gonna get very nervous. Haven´t lost in Camp Nou in the last 3 years (with 1 victory) and last season we really deserved to win but that man Jorquera had the match of his life.

We know how we have to play Barça, they attack through the center so probably Gurpe is needed there instead of Tiko, Gurpe can stop Deco, Xavi or whoever they put there. And then we have to use the wings to attack, Belleti & Gio are really bad in defense so Iraola on the right and whoever plays on the left (probably Ezquerro) can do damage there. Also after watching the Chelsea-Barça I think we can kill them on the air, with players as Urzaiz, Llorente, Del Horno, Gurpegi or Lacruz we can pass over them in set pieces.

We have a problem on the left since both Casas and Yeste can´t play, Del Horno will play in defense (if he hasn´t got a catalan gastroenteritis this night in Barcelona;) ) and I don´t know who will play on the wing, Ezquerro if Valverde puts Llorente in attack (most logical) or Javi González if Txingu trusts in the Etxebe-Ezquerro partnership.

With all of this I bet for this lineup:

Code:
                  Aranzubia

Murillo     Lacruz     L.Prieto   Del Horno

Iraola      Orbaiz      Gurpegi   Ezquerro

Etxebe    Llorente
a por ellos! :fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow, looks like Txingurri is capable of inventing in order to keep the Etxebe-Ezquerro partnership, I prefered Llorente in the lineup but well, this is tonight´s lineup, hope it works: (at least I was right and Tiko doesn´t play, all the newspapers included him in the lineup).;)

Code:
                    Aranzubia

Murillo     Lacruz        L.Prieto    Javi Glez

Iraola       Orbaiz        Gurpegi    Del Horno

Etxebe       Ezquerro
I think it will start like this although Javi and Asier can change positions during the game. Hope Javi centers better than against Albacete.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Poor performance by Athletic. I expected much more opposition, but Athletic's rythm was like a friendly match. You only created danger from set pieces and two chances by Etxeberría at the begining of the second half that could have changed the match, but his definition was poor, especially in his first chance.

Barça didn't do much either. We were lucky in the first goal (Deco doesn't shoot on goal, he targets the legs of the rivals... I'm sure of that:D). Then we accelerated a bit until the 2nd goal. Later we only controlled the ball posesion until the end.

I don't know how much the departure of Valverde has distracted this team. Definitely, Athletic's form has dropped in the last few weeks. Besides, Yeste's missing is too big. Europe is too far from you know. I think that now you'll focus all your attention in the Copa del Rey.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lack of tension, looked as if we had started the game 5-0 down, too much respect for the rival. Second game in a row Valverde starts inventing and second game in a row it doesn´t work and he has to dismiss his ideas on half time. (Guerrero for Casas against Albacete and Llorente for Javi yesterday) Difference is that against Albacete we were 1-1 and could comeback but yesterday we were already 2-0 down against the leader.

The experiment of Javi González (in a bad form) as left back in Camp Nou has a lot of chances of not working and it didn´t work, his side was a highway for Barça, and he avoided the offside in the second goal, very bad Javi, not that "kubatas" Del Horno helped him much though.:rolleyes:

After watching in the Stanford Bridge game how much Barça suffers in the air it makes no sense to start with both Llorente and Urzaiz in the bench, even less to end the game with Urzaiz in the bench after watching we only created danger in set pieces.

Leaving aside Orbaiz, who was Athletic´s best player as almost always, they all had a bad day, from Prieto to Ezquerro passing through Iraola or Gurpegi. Etxebe had chances but didn´t score them, as it´s getting usual (only 2 goals this season) but at least he created danger. Lacruz and Aranzubia had a decent game, probably the only ones we can save appart from Orbaiz.

But letting aside tactics and personal level I missed that 'lion' spirit we had in Bernabeu for example. Barcelona really didn´t need to do much yesterday, they played at 80%. We´ve played a lot of games with few players and some of them look tired, (Iraola, Del Horno) but I hope that now we don´t have UEFA games we will recover our best level for the end of the season, to fight for the cup and to enter in european places.

I already said it in the beginning, we´ll be the whole season around 8th place to attack the european places in the last days.:cool: We aren´t that far really, and we have one game less (this wednesday against Getafe).

Let´s see if for the Getafe game Txingurri applies the logic and uses a playmaker to substitute Yeste (Guerrero or Jonan) and doesn´t change the whole team as against Albacete.

BTW, puto Deco, que cabrón.:D

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Txupa said:
BTW, puto Deco, que cabrón.:D
:D

8 goals in La Liga, 5 of them deflected
2 goals in CL, 1 deflected

Definitely, he doesn't shoot on goal, he targets the knees of the rivals. Yesterday he said: "I'll have to share my bonus wages (primas) with the defenders". :D

Did you see his cellebration? He looks Marquez (?) and makes a gesture like "what can i do?" :pp

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Watched the game live on Canal+ (they're broadcasting 80% of the Barça games) and I believe we really lacked 'creativity' in midfield, with other words, we missed Yeste, we should play at least with a playmaker instead of him who's creative like you said Txupa.
Javi Gonzalez really wasn't doing well, he gave Giuly too much space when he scored (it was him?), Deco's goal ws just pure luck, but they deserved it anyway as Eto'o and Giuly just several minutes earlier missed big chances.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts