·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs.

Venue:

Camp Nou, Barcelona.

All I say is lets go and show the world what Barça is made of! :fero:

For Barcelona, Rafa Márquez is a doubt, but we'll have a clearer picture on whether he'll be able to play as the match gets closer. Personally, I hope Sylvinho starts ahead of Van Bronckhorst and Iniesta ahead of Giuly. This Barça has the right attitude and I'm sure we'll be motivated against the Basques.

Athletic will have Francisco Yeste missing from the game, which is a huge blow for them. They are traditionally an attacking side and their defence is very suspect, which will favour us. But if we defend like we did against Chelsea, then Athletic will win, because they have excellent attackers, such as Guerrero and Urzáiz. Asier Del Horno will be another player to watch out for.

Barça-Athletic games tend to be very exciting, so lets hope we see a cracker. With Real Madrid playing "away" against Getafe, there's a chance, albeit a small one, that they could slip up, especially after playing in the Champions' League during midweek.

Força Barça! :fero: :devil:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
i didnt know yeste was out, that should be great news for us. he is a great player, maybe a player we should keep our eye on..especially after the goal he scored on us in san mames. they are going to come to add fuel to the fire after this loss. i hope our players come out with a chip on their shoulders and come to kill this team.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Look out for Del Horno for his crosses and heading, maybe Gio should take a lesson or two from him :finger:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
We can't afford to slip up. Madrid only have the league to fight for and so do we.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Silvinho must start, Gio's form has dropped consiberably, Iniesta should also start. We need an instant response from Tuesday, i didnt know about Yeste either, thats great. Barca have to respond positivley, show attitude and determination. I believe we will win this match convincingly.

FORCA BARCA!!!

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Okay... time to finish with the job done. I'm sure that the fans will welcome the team, now they have to continue with their level and we'll win La Liga. Time to bring a title to Barcelona. Stage one: Athletic.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I am hoping for a draw. I am frustrated Yeste is not playing, because he would have caused havoc and many problems for Barcelona. :frustrat:

1-1 would be nice. :shades:

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
I'm going to be conservative and say 3-0 to Barca. I really feel we're going to be pumped for this game and Athletic will simply be overrun. We need to vent a little, and I'm just sorry it's Athletic who will have to suffer the wrath.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
we must win this game, and not give it away.
yes the team will come out of a hard game, with some feeling of they deserved somethoing out of the CL clash.

yet its history, and now its the time for thinking of LA LIGA, its at home, and winning it is a must.

I'd start with Sylvinho and Maxi Lopez, and gives Xavi roll of play for Iniesta, we must give him some rest, after all he is doing it all.

Eto'o must score a goal, to tell the world he is a world class, and it was just one bad game.

the team gave a great game in the CL, and hope they'll keep this mintality in this game.

VISCA EL BARCA :strong: :heart:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
players must show that they aren't affected mentally by this early exit in the CL and give 100% against Athletic.
Gio should be benched in this game,his form has been terrible of late and Sylvinho is more convincing than him. :doh:
if Marquez is out for,i'd keep the same line-up that played against Chelsea with Gerard in the midfield and Oleguer in the defence.
this month is crucial,we have 4 tough games(Athletic-Depor-Betis-RM) and any slip up would give RM some hopes so we cannot afford to drop points. :stuckup:
:devil: SOM-HI NOIS :devil:

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Gio has been terrible of late, and whats worse for me is he has committed the cardinal sin of sports on tuesday. He played without BALLS. he was talking like a wimp before the game and than got ran over by JOE COLE!!!! Pathetic! At least Silvinho was showing some heart throwing his little body into some tackles and getting up the field. Give him a chance, and than look for someone else for next year.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Now that there's nothing left but the league-title for us this season, I expect the team to go out and start a serious of wins and to rest only when the championship is secured as ours. This FC Barcelona is an outstanding football-team and they have to go for gold this season. Força Barça!

·
Defunk'ed
7,869 Posts
The Basques Vs the Catalans is always a spectacle to behold wether at La Catedral or at the Nou Camp. Im a bit skeptical about the win. Athletic always turns it on against us as well as the Mierda. So for me im not expecting much more than a 1-1 or 2-2 draw.

The defense better be top notch for the game if we want to beat them though. Come on boys we need this boost. :)

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yeah i would like to see Albertini in an advanced role. But you never know about Rijkaard he may decide to play Gio and put Silvinho as LB.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I am worried about this game, although I suspect that the fans are going to fill the stadium and give them a nice welcome.

But the loss against Chelsea was so emotional and it might hurt the team. Athletic is looking to get into Europe and they will fight hard.

No time to think about what could have been, its time to win La Liga.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
both Marquez and Dedo are included in the list:

Valdés, Jorquera, Belletti, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst, Sylvinho, Márquez, Navarro, Xavi, Gerard, Albertini, Deco, Iniesta, Giuly, Ronaldinho, Maxi et Etóo.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
How about some rotation in this match Frankie? Iniesta for Xavi and Maxi for Eto'o if we're winning.

If the players are as angry as I am about the Chelsea game, then I foresee a mauling for Bilbao.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Dies Irae said:
How about some rotation in this match Frankie? Iniesta for Xavi and Maxi for Eto'o if we're winning.

If the players are as angry as I am about the Chelsea game, then I foresee a mauling for Bilbao.
No, no more rotations. We did it against Espanyol and the result was awful. Now we have only one match per week, so there is time enough to rest.

Athletic is a very good side and we must win this match. Winning the home matches, La Liga will be in our pocket.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts