Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another important match for Erreala in our fight to avoid problems and nervous in the late season. It could look an easy game against the bottom team in the Liga, but I don´t think so. They have improved lately, they seem to play better, as if they had no pressure when they are relegated in most people´s eyes. On the other side, this games against the bottom teams have been the worst for Erreala at home this season (losses at home against Racing, Albacete, draw against Racing...). I hope we can solve it out.
During the week, it looked like XAbi Prieto and Karpin were not playing today, having suffered bruises last week, but they trained well yesterday and could play. If not, Mladenovic and Barkero could have their chance.
Expected line-up:

..........................................Riesgo.............................................

Rekarte...................Labaka..............Luiz Alberto..................Rossato

.....................................Mikel Alonso..........................................

........Xabi Prieto..................Karpin........................Aranburu...........

.....................................Gari Uranga...........................................

......................................Kovacevic.............................................

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
2-1 for Erreala with Barkero scoring the winning goal in the last minutes, goal that could come after Kovacevic´s offside, it isn´t clear on tv.

From what I´ve seen in the highlights Erreala started strong and scored a deserved goal but with the 1-1 Numancia had a lot of chances and really deserved to win the game, and they also had a post in the last minute just after the 2-1. Poor sorianos, they have very bad luck, don´t deserve to be in the last position. On the other hand, very important win for Erreala to avoid problems, although I think the last 3 are pretty clear right now unless Osasuna continues this way,:scared: hope not.

iparralde, if after the analysis you can give your impression of Tarantino (the player;) ) I would like it.:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I predicted, another disappointing performance by our team against one of the bootom sides. We didn´t even deserve to win. Numancia were slightly superior to us, that can tell you what we are capable of in this kind of games. It was a golden cahnce to have some fun : Sunday 5:00 p.m., beautiful weather, many people in Anoeta (for this season), and playing against a nearly relegated team. We had even an early goal (Kovacevic ,his 99th goal for Erreala). But nothing.
I don´t feel like talking too much about yesterday, but there are 2 aspects I want to comment. First, I was surprised to see Erreala playing so much long, air balls to Kovacevic and Uranga. It looked ordered by Amorrortu, but we didn´t do even that well. In fact, Otxoa, on loan by Alaves, was superb and controlled almost every air ball.Second, another horrible display by Rekarte and Rosatto. I understand that Rekarte is the team captain and Rosatto was signed in August and deserves a run, but when you have promising youngsters that have proved thet they are superior to them...
On the positives, another good game by Mikel Alonso (who keeps Mladenovic on the bench) and Luiz Alberto and... little more
iparralde, if after the analysis you can give your impression of Tarantino (the player ) I would like it.
It´s difficult for me to judge him on one performance and playing in a struggling side, but well, he looked quite good defensively, kept Xabi Prieto unable to create anything, determined, focused and tough. In attack he did nothing, he looked a bit limited to me. But once again, it may be very different playing in Athletic or Numancia...

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Eskerrik asko iparralde, well, he´s a more defensive fullback (also plays in the center) but I´ve seen him going up in the youth ranks and also with Numancia in the game I saw them against Madrid. It´s nice to see him as untouchable for Máximo when a couple of months ago he didn´t amost play for Murua in Segunda B...(Murua:fero: )

I´s also nice to see Mikel Alonso doing well in that position, I always thought he was more a playmaker, but looks he has worked hard in the defensive aspect lately, good for him, because now his future looks better.

And talking about bright future... these goals have just been luck or is there a bit of hope of recovering that Barkero who was one of the most promisign prospects of basque football? we could remember for example that he was starter in that World U20 Champion Team sitting no other than Fran Yeste in the bench. And he ends contract, right? will he be renewed?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I´s also nice to see Mikel Alonso doing well in that position, I always thought he was more a playmaker, but looks he has worked hard in the defensive aspect lately, good for him, because now his future looks better.
Mikel Alonso is phisically in very good form at the moment, I also used to see him more in a more offensive role but he´s excelling as a defensive midfielder. I´m happy to see how he has fought his place in the team those last years.

And talking about bright future... these goals have just been luck or is there a bit of hope of recovering that Barkero who was one of the most promisign prospects of basque football? we could remember for example that he was starter in that World U20 Champion Team sitting no other than Fran Yeste in the bench. And he ends contract, right? will he be renewed?
I remember seeing him ahead of Yeste in that championship, it sounds strange now,eh? He´s scored 2 important goals these last games, but I can´t see much more in him. I mean, if he was a striker I would think that that´s his job, so job done. But scoring is not his function and he does not offer any other thing. He´s quick but very imprecise...I don´t rate him highly, I prefer Gabilondo.
BTW, I did not comment because I don´t like talking about rumours but in the winter period I heard that Athletic was interested in him and some and recently I´ve heard again that Athletic wanted him and Erreala refused. Have you heard something? It´s hard to believe because if Athletic would have needed a left winger they would not have sent Angulo to Terrassa, but, anything is posible, isn´t it?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
iparralde said:
BTW, I did not comment because I don´t like talking about rumours but in the winter period I heard that Athletic was interested in him and some and recently I´ve heard again that Athletic wanted him and Erreala refused. Have you heard something? It´s hard to believe because if Athletic would have needed a left winger they would not have sent Angulo to Terrassa, but, anything is posible, isn´t it?
Athletic needed a left winger and we still need it, even more if Ezquerro leaves. Angulo was given an opportunity and he did well but has class to do much better, Valverde didn´t like how he trained and apparently he´s another with a crazy head. So he was sent to Tarragona to see if by putting things more difficult he reacts, not that Tarragona is a good place to send someone who likes party...:eek:

So I wouldn´t be surprised if Athletic was looking for a left winger and Barkero is a name that still sounds very well in Lezama. I suppose there still are good reports from him in his young age and probably his name still brings a smile to scouts who followed him in his junior days.

So I can believe Athletic asked for his situation on December, but it probably wasn´t a great interest, just to see how´s the market. Who knows, remember Toshack didn´t count with Alkiza either and looked what happened, although that was a different case, would look more similar if it happened with Gari Uranga.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts