98-99: 1-2
99-00: 1-2
02-03: 1-1
03-04: 0-3

Match thread

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
This could turn out to be a great game. Atleti have been great at home this season while we seem to be on fire under Lopez.

We must win the mdifield battle because Atleti's midfield is their weak point IMO and the defence will have to be careful because Torres can be deadly on counters especially if Ibagaza and Gronkjaer are havinhg a good day.

AMUNT VALENCIA!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree, we have to take advantage of their poor midfield. It's going to be a tough game, Atlético may suck playing away, but in the Calderón they're very dangerous... ask Sevilla.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
this is a good game to test wheter Valencia can continue its good form.
Atletico are very good at home and they can cause some problems to Lopez's men.
i expect an open and tough game,both teams wants to get the 3points to get closer to the european places and it going to be a nice game to watch.

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Game over. we lost. :( I didn't watch the game, anyone watched it? comments?

Argh. I'm so disappointed with this result. We can't lose points anymore if we want to play in the CL next season!

AMUNT VALENCIA!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
You where pressing all the time but couldn't score :thmbup:

The ref was shit :yuck:

Btw without Ranieri you look like a different team. With him Valencia wouldn't had chance :yuck:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You where pressing all the time but couldn't score
Just shows what we are currently lacking, a proven goal scorer. It must have been a tight match with both teams playin 4-5-1, then it really comes down to individual brilliance that decide these matches! Hopefully we´ll qualify for the CL or otherwise this season (Ranieri) has been a complete failure!

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
was an awufull game, and this ref can end the carreer of many players being that lousy...Valencia needs many renovations, NOW!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fight for the CL places is very tight now, we better start getting good results as soon as possible... we're improving, but it's not enough. Anyways, if we win the games in Mestalla, I'm sure we will qualify for the Champions.

These are our last 10 games:

Valencia-Getafe
Zaragoza-Valencia
Valencia-Málaga
Mallorca-Valencia
Valencia-Albacete
Numancia-Valencia
Valencia-Barcelona
Espanyol-Valencia
Levante-Valencia
Valencia-Osasuna

Except the Barça game, I think it's an easy calendar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts