Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lafuente, Aranzubia.

Expósito, Iraola, Ustaritz, Prieto, Amorebieta, Murillo, Lacruz, Casas.

Gurpegi, Tiko, Guerrero, Yeste.

Etxeberria, Aduriz, Llorente, Dañobeitia.

Finally Amorebieta has recovered from that injury for kicking a door. :D Return of Joseba Etxeberria after the sanction, and absence of Pablo Orbaiz for the same reason. Surprising absence of Isma Urzaiz and Endika Bordas for technical decission. The explanation for Isma´s absence can be that we play 2 games home in 4 days (Espanyol and Osasuna) and Clemente wants to rest him for them. Endika´s absence is more difficult to explain taking in mind Orbaiz´s sanction, it´s clear the coach doesn´t count with him.

Clemente hasn´t given clues about the lineup for this game, although he tested Murillo as DM against Rapids so that could be a possibility, even with Tiko in the lineup. Possibilities also for Llorente to make the lineup. I think it can be something like this:

....................Lafuente

Iraola.....Ustaritz......Prieto......Amorebieta

......................Murillo

...............Tiko.......Gurpegi

Etxeberria................................Yeste

......................Aduriz

Important game (as all now) against the second best team home, logically it won´t be easy. If we loose we´ll probably return to relegation places so we must fight hard, will we finally win 2 consecutive games? :hopefull:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
ARIIIIIIIIIIIITTZZZZZZ ADURIZZZZZZZZZ

0-1, hang on now, don't give it away.

Aduriz again... imagine how important he is for us.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Sky sports is shit

Here in england sky sports is showing the real madrid game an hour late rather than thE athletic game. How sad is that ?. Also to knoert and txupa i leave for bilbao on friday. wish me luck. AUPA ATHLETIC

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
BasqueWolf said:
Also to knoert and txupa i leave for bilbao on friday. wish me luck. AUPA ATHLETIC
Sorte On!!! ;)

Enjoy your stay mate!

BasqueWolf said:
From what i can understand Lafuente is having a great game
Same here!

Also they've got much more shots on goal... but we've got a goal :D.

The other results are as well quite good, Cadiz and Alavès draw, Erreala lost, Malaga lost, Betis draw and Mallorca draw, if we win this match we jump over them all to the 14th spot.

Imagine... it's for the second time this season I think, after the first day of the season ;), we're above Sociedad :D :thumbsup: .

However... there are still 15 mins to go.

AUPA ATHLETIC, hang on!

(finally two wins in a row?)

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
By the way, we're playing with: Lafuente; Expósito, Ustaritz, Prieto, Amorebieta; Murillo, Gurpegi; Iraola, Etxeberria, Yeste y Aduriz

Txupa was close ;).

Dañobeitia entered the pitch for Yeste (after 72 mins), Tiko for Etxebe (57').

Athletizales in Vigo:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
If I understood it well, Yeste just got a yellow card... but he's already subtituted and sitting on the bench now :googly:.

Guerrero joined for Aduriz after 78 mins, other yellows earlier in the game were picked up by Expósito, Aduriz and Gurpe.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Finaaaaaaalll!!!

We're 14th now, absolutely great!!!

Expósito got sent off in the last minutes... but then look to this comment from eurosport. :googly:

Eurosport.com said:
Celta-Ath. Bilbao 90+1' - Gustavo Lopez rams his elbow in the back of Tiko's head and then raises his arms as if the Basque player were waisting time!!! That's not FIFA fairplay is it?
Anyway, tres puntos, let's continue now, two wins in a row, why not three? Or four?
Schedule looks great, Wednesday Espanyol at home, Saturday Osasuna at home, then Alavès away. At home we should beat everyone, and Alavès away must be possible too!

AUPA ATHLETIC!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally 2 victories in a row!!!!!!!!!!!

Aupa Athletic!!

Now we have 2 games home in 4 days (Espanyol, Osasuna), c´mon lions!!

Later I´ll comment about the game but now just let me say one name: Ustaritz Aldekoaotalora, excellent again!:star:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BTW, our lineup today finally was:

Lafuente
Expósito-Ustaritz-Prieto-Amorebieta
Yeste-Murillo-Gurpegi-Iraola
Etxeberria-Aduriz

Yes, with Yeste on the right and Iraola on the left.:eek:

And Fran saw the yellow for throwing a water bottle to the pitch protesting an offside in a Celta clear chance, imagine how suffering were those minutes with Athletic constantly defending.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
First time Athletic scores in the first 15 minutes btw, and first game we win with Aduriz scoring, and first victory against a team of the top half of the standings and...:D

Athletic played well in those first minutes, appart of the goal we had several chances (Yeste comes to mind) but truth is for minute 25 or so the tactic was clear, defend the 0-1 until the end. The goal that btw, was a very good combination by our 3 most technically gifted players; Yeste to Iraola who makes a good pass to Aduriz in one touch, and the Donostiarra controls the ball with the right and kills Pinto with the left. He is a killer!

The stat of 44 balls to the box by Celta (12 for Athletic I think) is a clear explanation of how was the game, and if we add the fact that Lafuente made some good saves from long distance shots but he didn´t need to make spectacular ones we have the conclusion that Athletic´s defense was excellent, Celta had to kick the ball from long distance because they simply couldn´t pass our defense, Murillo and Gurpe helped a lot there too. So great performance by our defenders with special mention to Ustaritz as I said, he looked like Rocky Liceranzu today, second consecutive MOM for the defender from Abadiño, great addition to the squad. Worth mentioning aswell the brilliant work of Expósito on the right (sad the red card) and Amorebieta on the left, both stopped well Celta´s wingers. Maybe Prieto was the weakest link with some particular mistakes but he did a good game overal.

Yeste and Iraola also helped a lot in defense, supporting the wingbacks, Yeste is running lately more than the rest of his career, aupa Fran! while Aduriz and Etxebe (Dañobeitia & Guerrero after) had a bit more freedom in attack although they also made a good pressure on Celta´s defenders. Overall, Athletic played well in defense with Yeste & Iraola sending good balls to Etxebe & Aduriz, and actually that´s how the goal came.

A lot of suffering (I think I´m even loosing hair:D ) but 3 points in the end, it was worth it. Let´s hope this continues this way and we have a calmed end of season, although it will be difficult.

Finally let´s also mention Athletic supporters again, on tv many times all you could hear was "Athletic Athletic!" in a half empty Balaídos, how sad that being in such a good situation people in Vigo aren´t with the team. Have to say that people that went had an excellent treatment for Athletic, at least on tv you could hear "next year we meet again!" and both teams fans were mixed in the stands, as always Athletic is very well treated in Galiza. BTW, there was an special act in support of Giovanella (sanctioned for 2 years as Gurpe) in which Athletic players also participated.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BasqueWolf said:
that ?. Also to knoert and txupa i leave for bilbao on friday. wish me luck. AUPA ATHLETIC
Good luck, and hope you also give Athletic good luck!

·
Registered
228 Posts
kaixo,

Txupa said:
Finally let´s also mention Athletic supporters again, on tv many times all you could hear was "Athletic Athletic!" in a half empty Balaídos, how sad that being in such a good situation people in Vigo aren´t with the team. .
any idea why that is?

Txupa said:
Have to say that people that went had an excellent treatment for Athletic, at least on tv you could hear "next year we meet again!" and both teams fans were mixed in the stands, .
supporters are not automatically segregated in Spain?

Txupa said:
BTW, there was an special act in support of Giovanella (sanctioned for 2 years as Gurpe) in which Athletic players also participated.
padron my ignorance, but what is this about.

eskerrik asko

·
Registered
542 Posts
YES!!! What an important win! And now 2 games in a row in San Mames, first one against Espanyol. If we win we climb at least another place. And we will, I'll be there on Wednesday and Saturday :finger: If we win these 2 we'll be safe almost for sure.

Oh, and we've gone past Real Sociedad :horny:

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
What was going on before the match?? Gurpegi?? and Giovanella (I think)??

What did the shirts say??

·
Registered
12,740 Posts

Can't really see what's on the shirts, but what I know is Giovanella tested positive for nandrolon, in december 2004 it was.
Giovanella says he's innocent and says his 'body' (sorry can't find the right word) makes the nandrolon, so he can't help it, it's natural.

So it's a similar situation as what happened with Gurpegi, in his case it's proved it's natural and Gurpe can't help it... (actually, the case is still going on I think?)

So we showed solidarity towards Celta and Giovanella.

Nice match report Txupa :thumbsup:

The goal
Celta-Athletic 0-1
0-1 Aduriz

1 - 20 of 26 Posts