1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Date: 5/3/05
Kick-off time: 20:00h (19:00h GMT)
Mestalla

Big game :boxing: :strong: Let's kick some 'white' asses this Saturday, not only because the second place is still possible, but because beating Real Madrid is always a pleasure :D

AMUNT VALÈNCIA!!!

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
This is the best time for us to play Madrid. Our players are motivated and look really hungry to play proper football after the spell with Ranieri and Madrid have been playing somer eally poor football lately. Ronaldo is totally out of form but with him you never know, he might just pick it up in this game and end up MOTM so Ayala will have to be at his best. Zidane is a doubt for them aswell and with Juve's game looming, they wouldn't wanna risk him. So things same to be pointing our way and anything but a win would be erally disappointing!

No changes in the line up I guess, except Baraja in for Sissoko probably and maybe Cani back in goal. Unless there are any suspension/injuries that I'm not aware of?

AMUNT!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Setzer said:
Let's kick some 'white' asses this Saturday, not only because the second place is still possible, but because beating Real Madrid is always a pleasure :D

AMUNT VALÈNCIA!!!
Right on man. I like what I see. This is the Valencia that I know. A win and an draw (which should be a win) under our new coach but the most important thing is the way we are playing!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lista de convocados:

Porteros: Cañizares, Palop.

Defensas:Moretti, Ayala, Carboni, Amarilla, D. Navarro, Fabio Aurelio.

Centrocampistas: Albelda, Baraja, Sissoko, Rufete, Fiore, Xisco.

Delanteros: Corradi, Aimar, Mista, Di Vaio.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
C'mon guys... do it for your catalan friends :D

Valencia can beat Madrid, if you play as you've done in the last 2 matches. Real Madrid doesn't play anything, while the last 2 matches of Valencia were quite good. We wish you good luck.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Koeman4 said:
C'mon guys... do it for your catalan friends :D

Valencia can beat Madrid, if you play as you've done in the last 2 matches. Real Madrid doesn't play anything, while the last 2 matches of Valencia were quite good. We wish you good luck.
Catalan friends? You didn't say the same in other threads ;) :rolleyes:

We'll beat them, but not for Barça. Amunt Osasuna :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Valencia are refreshed and have a new lease of life so i expect them to win this game.
Aimar is returning to his best form and i hope he'll cause some damage to RM.
anyway a great game and good luck.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Valencia's line-up for tonight's game:

------------------Cani-----------------

Caneira-----Ayala--------Marchena---------Carboni

Rufete------Albelda---------Baraja--------Aurelio

-------------Aimar-----------------

-----------------------Mista---------

under Benitez the line-up was almost the same(Caneira----->Curro torres and Aurelio------>Vicente)

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Satisfied with the performance, very disappointed with the result. :(

Another big game from Aimar, but he was alone out there, Baraja, Aurelio, Rufete and Mista/Di Vaio were quiet IMO..

·
Registered
778 Posts
Very good game from Valencia. With so many chances in the second half, we could have easily won it, but could have easily lost the game as well (Ronaldo was a pest). I am very disappointed with the result, but once again under Lopez, Valencia played a very fluid and confident game. Aimar is an ace. What a player!!! If I had one (minor) criticism is that I wish he'd sometimes keep the ball a bit longer.
What a shame it was to leave Ranieri that long.

In any case, playing well is great and all, but we need to start getting some precious points.

Ziad

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Canizares - 7 Can't be blamed for the goal, big save to deny Ronaldo from his second..

Carboni - 6.5 He was okay, with the help of Aurelio, he managed to completely put Figo out of this game.

Marchena - 7 Solid game from him again, you will always have troubles when Ronaldo is in a good mood but he and Ayala did well.

Ayala - 7 Same as above. But he continues to play dirty with some bad tackles on Ronaldo.. At times a defender needs to be rough but Ayala has made it a habit of his unfortunately.

Sissoko - 7.5 Was played out of position but played a brilliant game!! What a run in the second half only to be denied by a last ditch tackle from Samuel..

Aurelio - 6 Offensively Quiet game from Fabio, but he helped Carboni alot.

Albelda - 6.5 He's improving but still not quite the Albelda of the past few seasons..

Baraja - 6.5 He was on and off.. He'd give away a couple of easy passes but then make a great pass to make up for it.

Rufete - 5.5 Ran alot but was ineffective on the ball, I don't recall any decent crosses from him and screwed a good chance.

Aimar - 8 Another great game by him. Good to see him scoring, that would do wonders to his confidence after all the problems with injuries and Ranieri..

Mista - 5 Disappointing, missed a great chance but to his credit, it was a brilliant save by Casillas.

The subs didn't get much time to be evaluated.. We need effective wingers, Rufete isn't doing well and Fabio is inconsistent.. Damn how we miss Vicente...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
MoMo said:
The subs didn't get much time to be evaluated.. We need effective wingers, Rufete isn't doing well and Fabio is inconsistent.. Damn how we miss Vicente...
Yes, Vicente is essential. Well, Di Vaio played a lot of time, but he didn't do anything... but that action with Samuel, in some stadiums that we all know, it would have been a PK, but...

Valencia played quite well, but their physical form is awful. Valencia played well the first 25 min of each half, but suddenly, they disappeared. The last 5 minutes were scary, Ronaldo had 3 big chances to win the match, but Cañete was brilliant. Probably, Valencia deserved more, but they lacked stregth in some moments. The legacy of Ranieri, I guess...

Valencia had team enough to fight for the title, but Ranieri wasted the whole season.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Nice goal from Pablito. 2 beautiful goals in 2 games back to back. He hadn't smile like this in a long, long time. Great!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts