Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, our form has been amazing, so I expect another 3 points here. Mallorca are an average side with some good players (eg. Eto'o), but compared to Deportivo and Valencia, they are nothing. At the moment, Kluivert isn't fit and Saviola is suspended, so we could see Sergio García handed a rare start. As we get closer to the game, we'll see if this is the case. It'll be a real test for Sergio, no doubt.

Mallorca have been awful this season and they are currently 2 points off relegation. Seeing Manzano, Riera and Ibagaza leave in the summer has severely affected their form.

Mallorca shouldn't cause too many problems and I have faith in Puyol keeping their main threat, Sameul Eto'o, quiet. Should we expect another big performance for Ronaldinho? I would bet on it ;)

Head: Barcelona 3-0 Mallorca.
Heart: Barcelona 2-1 Mallorca.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Mallorca have been awful this season and they are currently 2 points off relegation. Seeing Manzano, Riera and Ibagaza leave in the summer has severely affected their form.
Right on. Also, don't forget Alvaro Novo. Riera has been playing very well and socred probably the best goal this year (at least that I have seen) in France.

But Mallorca always plays very different in Barcelona, they considr this their derby and come out to play tough. Interesting, though, they never seem to play FCB well at home.

I think that Rijkaard will play conservative and just play Sergio Garcia insead of shifting players in order to cover for the absence of Saviola and Kluivert.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Ive read that Rijkaard may try Iniesta in Ronnies place, and Ronnie as striker.

What do you think about this?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Maz said:
Ive read that Rijkaard may try Iniesta in Ronnies place, and Ronnie as striker.

What do you think about this?
I think this is the best option, IMO. We should take care of Mallorca. Relax can be dangerous now, after this month of tension.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Robban said:
Sport reports tonight that Sergio García will play with Barcelona B and that Luis Enrique will take the striker spot.
It looks odd that a player like Lucho who hasn't done well this year gets his chance ahead of Iniesta for instance. A younger Lucho would have every chance to shine in this system with his mobility and ability to get into the box from deep positions but now he looks physically burned out. Well maybe he recovers once again and tomorrow he scores a hat trick :) . Mallorca center backs are very slow so he may look the fastest of the players out there. :D

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
I saw the press conference with Rijakaard talking about Lucho starting and I think Rijkaard is looking at Lucho to press at the top more than for the ability to be a "9"

Rijkaard has been praising Saviola, even when he doesn't score, for his work rate in pressing and defending.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Racing Santander 1-1 Real Madrid.
Valencia 3-0 Deportivo :eek:

If we beat Mallorca, then we will be only one point behind Deportivo. So much for the "three horse race." And Valencia are 6 points behind Madrid, but Ronaldo will be ruled out for the next few weeks. I think it's Madrid's time to cock up ;)

Jugadores convocados: Víctor Valdés, Rustu, Reiziger, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst, Óscar López, Gabri, Motta, Cocu, Gerard, Davids, Iniesta, Quaresma, Luis García, Overmars, Ronaldinho y Luis Enrique.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
We're looking good!:) It seems like all speculations in the papers this week about his future has defintly fired up Luis García.

·
Registered
98 Posts
:tongue: haha... they playing well so far?? hope they keep on scoring....

how did luis garcia score his goal??

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
is it no formal forward? none of ronnie, enrique and luis garcia is that. all of them are free-role. maybe it is even better. without kluivert, i still don't prefer saviola.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
now we can say luis garcia consolidated his position in barca! nice to see enrique come back and score.
Wow! You're proberly the only Madridista in the world who likes Luis Enrique.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts