Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match will be played tomorrow at 17.00h in San Mamés.

The following players have been selected for the match.
Lafuente, Aranzubia;
Exposito, Prieto, Lacruz, Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Murillo, Iraola;
Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Tiko, Guerrero, Yeste;
Urzaiz, Llorente, Aduriz y Dañobeitia.

Etxebe is banned as he picked up his 5th yellow card in Sevilla last week, Tiko replaces him as he seems to be finally 100% fit.

Also Casas is missing, just as Endika who was called last time too. Instead of them Murillo and Llorente.

I think this is most likely lineup, although I'm not sure at all about the defence... with Clemente you'll never know ;) :angel: :
Lafuente;
Lacruz - Prieto - Ustaritz - Amorebieta;
Iraola - Gurpegi - Orbaiz - Yeste;
Aduriz - Urzaiz;

So another time do or die for us, Cádiz is 2 points ahead of us in the table, so we really need to win this one, a draw is useless, only a win counts! AUPA ATHLETIC!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Clemente has been training with this during the week:

..................Lafuente

Iraola.....Ustaritz....Prieto.....Amorebieta

.............Orbaiz.....Gurpegi

Dañobeitia.........................Yeste

.............Urzaiz.....Aduriz

Looks like those´ll be the players, surprising to see that distribution when the normal thing would´ve been Aduriz on the right, Yeste on the center and Dañobeitia on the left, looks like Clemente wants to take profit from Aduriz´s good moment close to the goal and sacrifices Yeste to the left, when he doesn´t play as well as in the center.

Good to see Tiko back, not because he´s the best midfielder in the world but because both Orbaiz and Gurpegi are starting to need a rest, specially Gurpe who plays injured all the games. And since Clemente doesn´t count with Endika.... Tiko should start having some minutes, especially since Gurpe normally has problems to end the games because of his injury. In normal conditions he should have been operated a while ago but with current situation he has to continue playing with the pain, actually he never trains Mondays and Tuesdays because of the pain. He deserves a mention, others wouldn´t do it.

The game is very important, especially after Espanyol´s and Erreala´s wins yesterday, if we don´t win we would start to bee far from salvation places. Looks like the pitch won´t be in good conditions due to the rain of the last days, some years ago that would have been an advantage to us (used to rain) against an Andalucian team as Cádiz, (used to sun) but lately all the players are used to play in similar pitches so that´s not such an advantage anymore.

We start a tour of important games against direct rivals today, I hope Cádiz saves from relegation with us, but logically in Athletic´s current situation all I can wish them is loosing all their games so at least we end above them.

Winning takes us from relegation places, hope we sleep more calmed tonight.

Aupa Athletic!:fero:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
In the end you were closer than I.:tongue:

Official lineup:

Lafuente; Expósito, Ustaritz, Prieto, Amorebieta; Iraola, Orbaiz, Gurpegi, Yeste; Urzaiz, Aduriz.

bench: Aranzubia, Lacruz, Murillo, Tiko, Guerrero, Dañobeitia, Llorente.

Cádiz:

Limia; Varela, De Quintana, Abraham Paz, Raúl López; Fleurquin, Bezares; Estoyanoff, Pavoni, Lobos; Medina.

bench: Navas, Suárez, Berizzo, Enrique, Oli, Jonathan Sesma, F. Morán.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalao Bakalaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tiko Tiko Tiko Tiko Tiko Tiko Tiko Tiko

Tikoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Megia Davila Jodete Hijo De Puta!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Final!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
haha this is maybe lukcy but great! have amore with a red card sent off, I looked at the score in minute 88. Then they scored when i was praying for a goal!
total chaos in my house when I saw the 1-0 :tongue:

just great, we need more puntos!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Oh my god!!!!!!

we won, and it was 10 v 12.....megia davila you ****en cheat...you are scum :frustrat: :frustrat: ...people somehow think villar helps with refs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if we had missed the second penalty , they would have killed that lowlife

Spanish refs are the worst in the world.

now i can relax :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
Was it not "Referee's Day" today?????? Un-fecking-believable!

According to Cadena Ser, Amorebieta shouldn't have been sent off, the ball in the penalty had already gone past the line, and he made us repeat the penalty... I almost didn't hear it, I was shouting so much and so loud after scoring the first!

We need another win, now! Look at next week's games!

R. Sociedad - Barcelona
Málaga - Zaragoza
Real Madrid - Betis
Racing - Valencia
Sevilla - Mallorca
Cádiz - Alavés
Celta - Athletic Club
Espanyol - Osasuna

It could be a great weekend :rolleyes:

COME ON ATHLETIC!!!!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Sorry for being a bit 'hot' before but what Megía Dávila did today in San Mamés has no name, although it isn´t the first time he does it, but today it was so clear he didn´t want us to win.... I´ve waited a bit to write because I was too mad and happy at the same time to do it.:D

For the ones who don´t know what happened today. First, minute 18 and second yellow card for Amorebieta. For me none of the cards were, maybe someone can have some doubts about the first but the second? c´mon!:mad: We all know Fernando and today was probably his softer day, the "Megía show" started in that moment.

Bad refereeing during the whole game and we reach the last 3 minutes. With Athletic constantly attacking (with 10 and more heart than head) Clemente enters Julen for Aduriz. First secons and Julen has his first chance well saved by Limia. Then he almost heads a center and the ball goes to corner. Julen goes to take the corner, watches and doesn´t see the regular headers Urzaiz, Llorente, Aduriz... none of them is in the pitch. Takes the decission, kicks the ball and....Yes! direct goal from Julen Guerrero in a corner kick, the ball enters in the goal more than a meter and Varela tries to save it with the hand when it´s already clearly inside the goal.

Megía doesn´t know what to do "oh no! Athletic is going to win!" so he does as he hasn´t seen the goal and signs penalty, sending off Varela for the hand. Total crazyness in San Mamés since everyone has seen the clear goal, Athletic players protesting... nervousism in the lions to see who takes it after Orbaiz´s miss against Villarreal and Andoni Iraola takes a step forward and decides to take it. Iraola takes the necessary steps, kicks the ball and scores a good penalty by the goalie´s right. With Athletic players celebrating the goal Megía thinks what he can do now to avoid Athletic´s win and says the penalty has to be repeated (in the images it´s clearly seen Cádiz players entering before in the box). More protests by Athletic players (Orbaiz sees the 5th yellow) and Iraola doesn´t feel like taking it again. Roberto Martínez "Tiko" is the one who takes the step forward now, takes the penalty and.... goal, again by the goalies right, but this one a very hard shot, unstoppable.

Athletic players and the fans celebrating, Megía probably crying in his interior and 3 vital points for us that take us out of relegation places, especially in a week as this one, where most of our rivals won.

The rest of the game? The game was marked by Amorebieta´s sending off, Cádiz controlled the game but didn´t create a single clear chance (only a header after a mistake by Lafuente), worth mentioning the great performance by Ustaritz, very well played by the central defender from Abadiño. Athletic had less the ball but created some good chances, specially a couple by Aduriz, not many true, but we were with 10. The last minutes were a constant attack from Athletic, with more heart than head as I said, and with Julen´s entrance we pushed even more... until the brilliant "olimpic" goal, again, Julen appears in an important moment.:cool:

Ustaritz was Athletic´s best player although the performance of that last minutes by Julen, Iraola and Tiko are worth a mention. Thanks to them we´re 'alive'.

Aupa Athletic!:fero:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oooh it looks I better be happy I didn't listen to it live, would have been bad for my health :D.

Great win, where we couldn't win with 11 versus 10, we showed today we can win with 10 versus 11, AUPA ATHLETIC!!! :D :D :D

Now continue it!!! No matter who's our opponent, go on!!!!!!!
Especially as the other results weren't really positive.

Oh, and great report Txupa! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I have to apologise for my last post, i was a bit emotional and I felt that the ref was doing his best to shaft us and we couldnt afford it in the situation we are in.......

thankfully alls well that ends well :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
aussiebasque said:
I have to apologise for my last post
Don't worry it was a good read :D

---

EDIT: Someone got a picture, or know how many Cadiz fans travelled perhaps? At this cover in the background I see it were quite a lot... and that for such a distance... and they waved an Ikurrina :D.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Yes, there were a good bunch of Cádiz fans at San Mamés yesterday. Around 500 maybe?

Their behaviour was excellent during the whole day in Bilbao, passing some good times with Athletizales in Pozas. I´ve read they put a big banner in a Pozas bar that said "Athletic and Cádiz always friends".

They were very correct during the game (as were Athletic fans with them) and as it´s seen in that picture with Athletic players celebrating the victory they continued supporting their team even with the bad feeling that leaves you loosing in the last minute. They left San Mamés applauded by Athletic fans. Worth mentioning also the nice words of their coach Victor Espárrago for Athletic and it´s fans in the press conference after the game.

As I commented the game in Cádiz was pretty similar on this aspect, with an excellent treatment for Athletic fans and with the whole Carranza screaming "Athleeeetic Athleeeeetic" when the game ended, with Athletic fans screaming "Caaadiz Caaadiz", who also left the stadium applauded.

How sad it isn´t like this with all the teams, eh? football would be much more beautiful. Hope we play against Cádiz next season also in Primera, and also important games as yesterdays, but I prefer a cup final for example, would be nice.:)

-------------------------

BTW, talking about bad luck....

Looks like Fernando Amorebieta got injured (foot fingers broken) when kicking a door of the changing room after Megía Dávila sent him off. "Si ponemos un circo..."

I understand him, it´s hard to control yourself after that. At least he kicked the door and not Megía Dávila in the balls which would have make more sense, and he wouldn´t have gotten injured, the madrileño is softer.:D

Hope Fernando recovers soon, especially since I think we can win the appeal of the cards, especially since Megía is so fool that he confused both when making the "acta".:rolleyes:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Hey, the article is very interesting! and puts things very well with good dosis of humour. :thumbsup:

Yes, it was the referees day..... we saw things like this in all the stadiums:

Kids with the shirts of the home & away teams kits plus another dressed of referee making the "honor kick-off".

Apparently, there aren´t many kids that want to be referee and they want to promote it, and well, after watching Megía´s performance I imagine that poor kid throwing his referee kit to the garbage...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
No more referees days... please :scared:

BTW, your fans will save your ass. Amazing San Mamés. :thmbup:

·
Registered
542 Posts
Koeman4 said:
BTW, your fans will save your ass. Amazing San Mamés. :thmbup:
... which reminds me I'm going home tomorrow week, right on time for the Athletic-Espanyol. :cool: They'll also play Osasuna the following weekend. How lucky was I to catch 2 games in a row in San Mames? I'll tell you soon enough :scared: :scared:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
The competition comitte has accepted Athletic´s appeal and has retired the second yellow for Fernando Amorebieta so he can play next weekend in Vigo....if he recovers from his "going mad" injury, in the end looks like he doesn´t have fingers broken so he probably can make it for this important game.

Aupa Fer! Megía:tongue:!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts