Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Round 26: UD Almería vs Athletic Club

VS

SUNDAY MARCH 2
, 21:00H
MEDITERRANEO STADIUM (ALMERÍA)

Referee: Alberto Undiano Mallenco (Iruñea, Nafarroa)
Record with Athletic: 3W-7D-7L

PAST SEASONS

Never played

STANDINGS

8º Almería 36 pts
14º Athletic 29 pts

PROBABLE LINEUPS

ALMERÍA

Diego Alves
Bruno - C.García - Pulido - Mané
F.Melo - Juanito - Corona
J.Ortiz - Negredo - Crusat

Bench:
03. Aitor López Rekarte
05. Kalu Uche
12. Iriney Santos
13. David Cobeño
17. Juan Manuel Ortiz
23. Fernando Soriano
25. Gilherme Oliveira

ATHLETIC CLUB

Armando
Iraola - Aitor Ocio - Amorebieta - Koikili
Susaeta - Orbaiz - J.Martínez - Yeste
Etxeberria - Llorente

Bench:
04. Ustaritz Aldekoaotalora
08. Joseba Garmendia
11. Igor Gabilondo
13. Dani Aranzubia
22. Iñaki Muñoz
23. Aritz Aduriz
25. David López

Suspended: -
Kidnapped: Carlos Gurpegi.
Injured: Gorka Iraizoz, Asier Del Horno, Ander Murillo, Tiko.
Out: Unai Expósito, Iban Zubiaurre, Luis Prieto, David Cuéllar, Aitor Ramos.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tomorrow there's a friendly game against Amorebieta in favor of Ibilaldia.

Caparrós has called the youngsters Iago Herrerín, Isma López, Julen Goñi, Iker Muniain and Jonás Ramalho, appart from Raúl and Eneko Rubio who train regularly with the first team.

Ramalho is even younger than Muniain, a bit populist from Caparrós but well, hope it's positive for the kids.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Iribar said:
Tomorrow there's a friendly game against Amorebieta in favor of Ibilaldia.

Caparrós has called the youngsters Iago Herrerín, Isma López, Julen Goñi, Iker Muniain and Jonás Ramalho, appart from Raúl and Eneko Rubio who train regularly with the first team.

Ramalho is even younger than Muniain, a bit populist from Caparrós but well, hope it's positive for the kids.

All eleven aginst poor Amorebieta, well hes good but is he that good? ;)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Pedroyeste said:
All eleven aginst poor Amorebieta, well hes good but is he that good? ;)
Fernan can beat them all, no doubt.;)

These are the players called for the friendly:

Iago, Raúl.
Del Horno, Ustaritz, Zubiaurre, Prieto, Jonás Ramalho.
Garmendia, Cuéllar, Muñoz, David López, Eneko Rubio, Muniain.
Etxeberria, Julen Goñi, Isma López.

Nothing more than an anecdote but if I'm not wrong Jonás will be the first black player to wear Athletic's first team shirt.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lineup vs Amorebieta:

Raúl
Zubiaurre - Prieto - Ustaritz - Del Horno
Cuéllar - Muñoz - Rubio - D.López
Etxeberria - Isma López

Bench: Iago, Jonás, Muniain, Garmendia, J.Goñi.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Iribar said:
Nothing more than an anecdote but if I'm not wrong Jonás will be the first black player to wear Athletic's first team shirt.
Something special though... and quite interesting.

Where lay his roots?

Ramalho sounds Portuguese which would mean Brazil or Angola... or smaller countries like Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinee-Bissau etc.
This could be a stupid theory but it's the first I think about...

offtopic; ordered your new stuff from the 'línea Iribar' already, Iribar? :pp
http://www.athletic-club.net/acc/home.asp?a=0&b=50&noticia=6525&idi=1

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good guess, his aita is from Angola, his ama from Leioa. He was born in Leioa.

It's something special but something natural, as we've commented several times as answer to those accusations of racism, Athletic is a reflex of basque society and until the last 10-15 years or so there were very few african & south american inmigrants. Lately that number has increased a lot so it's normal their sons will start entering in Athletic. Just the opposite to racism, they're one of us in society and that's why they enter in the team of 'our people'. It's easier for a team full of non-locals to be racist, probably most of their players will never feel they're welcome as one of them...

At halftime:

Amorebieta 0-2 Athletic

0-1 Etxeberria scores a rebound after a Prieto shot.
0-2 Etxeberria scores a rebound after an Isma López shot.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FT: 0-2

Jonás, Muniain and Julen Goñi had some minutes in the second half.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Iribar said:
Good guess, his aita is from Angola, his ama from Leioa. He was born in Leioa.

It's something special but something natural, as we've commented several times as answer to those accusations of racism, Athletic is a reflex of basque society and until the last 10-15 years or so there were very few african & south american inmigrants. Lately that number has increased a lot so it's normal their sons will start entering in Athletic. Just the opposite to racism, they're one of us in society and that's why they enter in the team of 'our people'. It's easier for a team full of non-locals to be racist, probably most of their players will never feel they're welcome as one of them...

At halftime:

Amorebieta 0-2 Athletic

0-1 Etxeberria scores a rebound after a Prieto shot.
0-2 Etxeberria scores a rebound after an Isma López shot.

Well ill hope this will make it clear to Caparros that he is the man to start beside Llorente and not Ramos or Aduriz:..

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
According to the reports Isma López was MOM.

The debutants:

Ismael, Etxebe & Rubio.

Jonás.

Muniain.

Muniain.

Julen Goñi.

Jonás.

Eneko Rubio.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He should have minutes during the season, his change of speed is very important in Primera. I already said it in summer, although the physicall problems due to the Euro(?) he played had him a month resting, then he started at a lower rythm... but I think he's in good shape now and Caparrós likes him, might be useful for either the attack or the left wing.

The other day we talked about Armando's height, now take a look to Raúl's.

Wow, he looks like the father of all his teammates.:D And he can probably grow up a bit more, he's 19. Let's see if he keeps on progressing with his skills because with that height it will be difficult for him to loose on air balls.

In Armando's defense I'll say that Raúl doesn't have any of the towers of the team (Amorebieta, Ocio, Llorente, Javi) next to him.;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
:D so proud they make a cloth line about me...:proud:
Because of your trophy? Athletic won something after 25 years and the decided to celebrate it properly? ;)

By the way, if you start saying ''Madrid (or sth else) cabron,salud a campeon !!!'', when will you get a ban?

And I really would like to see Armando and Raul in a photo together,maybe next year?
But,if you compare the height p.e. of David Lopez and del Horno from the stats at the Official site and compare them to Raul,you can easy see that something isn't going on well...

Also,at the Official site,there was a question about the next year's 2nd kit. Do the team select the colour the fans prefer,or is it just to think you do something?

7th add, what does ''Dadas las bajas en el centro del campo, ¿crees que debe hacer fichajes el Athletic Club?'' mean? The internet translation didn't show it clear,and I was confused with the answer.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Because of your trophy? Athletic won something after 25 years and the decided to celebrate it properly? ;)
Probably...;) I'm the best thing which has happened to Athletic in the last years.:D

Also,at the Official site,there was a question about the next year's 2nd kit. Do the team select the colour the fans prefer,or is it just to think you do something?
They choose the color the fans select. For example, white was chosen as third kit two summers ago because it won that poll.

7th add, what does ''Dadas las bajas en el centro del campo, ¿crees que debe hacer fichajes el Athletic Club?'' mean? The internet translation didn't show it clear,and I was confused with the answer.
Given the absences in midfield (injuries, sanctions) do you think Athletic has to sign players -for that position- ?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Players called by Caparrós to play vs Almería:

Armando, Aranzubia.
Iraola, Koikili, Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Aitor Ocio.
Orbaiz, Muñoz, J.Martínez, Susaeta, D.López, Yeste, Garmendia, Gabilondo.
Etxeberria, Aduriz, Llorente.

Suspended: -
Kidnapped: Gurpegi.
Injured: Iraizoz, Del Horno, Murillo, Tiko.
Out: Expósito, Zubiaurre, Prieto, Cuéllar, Ramos.

Asier Del Horno will be 3-4 weeks out after getting injured vs Amorebieta. Good for Ramos morale to pass from starter to Bilbao Athletic...:rolleyes:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
And I really would like to see Armando and Raul in a photo together,maybe next year?
That would be interesting, something like Yao Ming and Koikili...:D

I think we can guarantee with a very high percentage of probabilty that our goalies next season will be Iraizoz and Lafuente, with Aranzubia leaving, Armando retiring and Raúl staying in Bilbao Athletic and helping as third goalie if needed.

Actually I think that's the idea, have Gorka as absolute starter and keep Lafuente until the trainers say Raúl is ready, when that happens I suppose Iñaki will leave and we'll stay with Iraizoz & Raúl for many years. Something like this:

08-09: Iraizoz & Lafuente
09-10: Iraizoz & Lafuente or Raúl
10-11: Iraizoz & Raúl

What happens is that logically many things can still happen. Espanyol can execute their option for Lafuente (not probable), Armando can make a superseason and the club renews him, similar for Aranzubia although more complicated, Raúl doesn't develop as expected, Iago or Mandaluniz develop more than expected....

Or, another option, is that we sign the fashion goalie currently in Segunda, Málaga's Iñaki Goitia. Young (25), from Bilbao and athletizale.

Goitia, formed in Danok Bat, is probably the goalie who has progressed more in the last year (counting Primera and Segunda) and would definately be starter in many Primera teams at the moment, including Athletic. He was probably the nº1 in the list for this winter market in Athletic but Málaga won't get rid of him too easy, specially since he's one of the pillars to reach promotion.

If we wouldn't have the goal well covered he would definately be a priority signing for this summer, thing is that with Iraizoz as untouchable starter, with Lafuente with contract until 2010 and with Raúl's progression, I doubt the club wants to make an important investment for Goitia.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking forward to this tonight! :tongue:

there seems o have been quite a few more Athletic games on Television this season here :thmbup:

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
I think Athletic will face a tough playing Almería.

They're really strong at home but Acasiete is missing in their back four, so, everything is possible.

Should be a tight game and I reckon both teams will play tough.

·
Registered
298 Posts
im afraid ive done the unthinkable again and bet on athletic to lose this one in my lucky 15 bet. ive only done it twice before and athletic let me down on both occasions and won. so it might be a good omen

1 - 20 of 35 Posts