Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gk:Aranzubia, Lafuente.

Df: Expósito, Lacruz, Prieto, Ustaritz, Amorebieta, Casas, Iraola.

Mf: Gurpegi, Orbaiz, Yeste, Guerrero, Endika.

Fw: Aduriz, Urzaiz, Dañobeitia, Etxeberria.

'Surprising' absences of Murillo and Llorente, both are fit, Tiko is still injured.

According to what Clemente has been training during the week we could play with something like this:

......................Lafuente

Expósito.....Ustaritz...Prieto.....Amorebieta

Iraola.........Orbaiz....Gurpegi.......Casas

.......................Yeste

.......................Aduriz

Which would be a very defensive team with 2 defenders in the wings, although Iraola is good in attack but Casas...:eek: Clemente´s idea would be to stop Sevilla´s right wing (Alves & Navas) that created us so many problems in San Mamés. It would be very strange to see Athletic playing without Etxebe in the starting lineup specially after the great form he showed last Sunday against Villarreal, where he played both on the right and on the left. I don´t think Etxebe offers less than Casas defensively in that position and there´s a huge difference between the offensive posibilities of both players.

We´ll see what´s Javi´s final decision, truth is S.Pizjuán is a bad stadium lately for Athletic so maybe trying something new (defensive team) it could work, I don´t know. Hope we bring something positive from Sevilla, if not the game against Cádiz in San Mamés will be another final.

Aupa Athletic.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Starting without Etxebe and Yeste :eekani: ...

Well, I see every point we take from this match as a bonus-point, but take in mind Cadiz got the three points we just need points, also from Sevilla.

Let's wait and see... and pray for the best.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeste is in the probable lineup Knoert.:tongue: The good side of that lineup is that if we can keep an open score for minute 60 then we can kill the game with people as Etxebe, Urzaiz and Dañobeitia in the bench.

Yeah, Cádiz won.:( At least Alavés lost in Vila-Real, they were winning at halftime.

·
Registered
298 Posts
yeste

i may be drunk while i am writing this but yeste, obviously a man with loads of talents hasnt produced this season at all. Maybe the basque boys on this forum could give reasons for this. also as most of the basque forum die hards will Kow my trip to san mames is growing ever closer ,can not wait. and to those people that think we will not beat osasuna. well before my trip i was short of money to go there. was gona have to borrow some. but i won 550 quid on a football coupon (Thank you kevin nolan for youre winning goal against fulham) so now i can go to the basque country in free spirits. i think this is a sign we will win. Love for all athletic fans and think this froum should be more responsive. not alot of posts on here frequently. AUPA ATHLEIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Great post mate :howler: :thumbsup:

You may be drunk but you're right about Yeste though, he can do much better he proved that in the past.

And congrats with the money!

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We should all drink (more:D) before writing here, that will definately make us more responsible and help us find ways to finish with this situation. :tongue:

It´s true Yeste isn´t at his best level but at least about 4-5 weeks ago he was top assister in the league, and playing in a team in relegation places that doesn´t score many goals. And well, last week he assisted Aduriz against Villarreal so even if he´s no longer leader he must continue in the first places in that ranking.

Most of those assist come from corners, faults and stuff like that, it´s true his football is worse than previous years but he conserves the class for those kind of plays. He has never been a leader, actually pretty weak mentally so it´s 'normal' he disappears more in these kind of situations. In his favour I have to say that even if things don´t work too well for him with the ball in the foot, he works more in defense, with sacrifice, something strange in him.

I don´t know if it´s for the fear of our situation or simply because I see they do all they can but I remember I criticized the players much more when things went well than this season, leaving aside my true love Aitor Karanka, for who I always have beautiful words even if he doesn´t play.:tongue: :veiled:

I won´t watch the game today, I have things to do so I´ll be around, buff I get much more nervious when I hear the game on the radio than when I watch it, and today I have the impression we´ll suffer a lot, hope it´s worth it.

Aupa Athletic.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Talking about responsability, I forgot again to predict.:wallbang:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Txupa said:
Talking about responsability, I forgot again to predict.:wallbang:
Haha, my first three points are in the bag already :D... now just wait for Athletic's three points, which will gave me another three or more ;).

Official lineup not given yet?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Txupa said:
......................Lafuente

Expósito.....Ustaritz...Prieto.....Amorebieta

Iraola.........Orbaiz....Gurpegi.......Casas

.......................Yeste

.......................Aduriz
Confirmed.

Now let´s hope we don´t receive goals in the first half (a counter by Aduriz or a free kick by Yeste would be nice) so we can put a higher rythm in the second with Etxebe, Urzaiz and Dañobeitia fresh.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Txupa said:
It´s true Yeste isn´t at his best level but at least about 4-5 weeks ago he was top assister in the league, and playing in a team in relegation places that doesn´t score many goals.
They´ve just said that with Cani´s assist today (Zaragoza has just tied Erreala 1-1) he passes Ronaldinho and Yeste by one assist, so Fran continued as leader. Let´s hope Yeste passes Cani today.:hopefull:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Txupa said:
(a counter by Aduriz or a free kick by Yeste would be nice)
That's indeed our only chance :sigh: , from the left side there won't be any attacking intentions I guess... from the right side they'll be Iraola, who's a 50% attacking player, with Yeste and Aduriz that makes 2,5 of our 11 players with attacking intentions... so our tactic is stop stop stop Sevilla.

I'm not a fan of these tactics, we better attack and loose 5-0 (and had a chance of winning) instead of defend and loose 1-0 (without a chance of winning the match ever).

Anyway, we'll see... AUPA ATHLETIC!

·
Registered
298 Posts
how embarrasing, i shall never post drunk again :hangover: .but i think today this will hopefully :hopefull: be the turning point of out season . Come on boys do us proud :proud:

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, in the last training of the week the starters passed 5-0 over the subs and Casas scored a beautiful goal so let´s hope we found the new Maradona.:D

Zaragoza just scored the 1-3, if we win we pass Erreala...:eek::fero:

I´m watching the Celta-Osasuna on pplive, I hope they show the Sevilla-Athletic after it although they don´t announce it on tvmix. :undecide:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
BasqueWolf said:
how embarrasing, i shall never post drunk again :hangover: .but i think today this will hopefully :hopefull: be the turning point of out season . Come on boys do us proud :proud:
Haha don't worry :D, it's a fact drunk people are always saying the truth :thumbsup:

Txupa said:
Well, in the last training of the week the starters passed 5-0 over the subs and Casas scored a beautiful goal so let´s hope we found the new Maradona.:D
Aupa Casas :D

Txupa said:
Zaragoza just scored the 1-3, if we win we pass Erreala...:eek::fero:
Actually I'm not in the position to say something about them as an Athletic fan... but they're struggling even more than we are... I don't wonder if in the end Erreala is going down and we're staying up.

And that's not just 'wishfull thinking'

Aupa Athleeeeeeeeeeetic, the radio is on!

Punto Radio

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Mierda mierda mierda...

1-0 Sevilla, penalty converted by Maresca... replied with a good effort from Yeste, but it's still 1-0.

Let's put Etxebe, Daño & Isma in right now?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
ADURIZ!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOL GOL GOL GOL GOL GOL!!!

El gol de Aduriz!

1-1, great, leave those three on the bench btw for now :cool:.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1-0,:( soft penalty for some, not penalty for others, doubtfull anyway. With this lineup it will be difficult to take control of the game now.

Anyway, after the goal Notario has stopped a good free kick by Yeste.

wait!

bakalao bakalao bakalao bakalao bakalao bakalao

Aritz "el zorro" Aduriz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy:

(assisted by Yeste);)

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A couple of chances for Sevilla now, entertaining game. Adriano is turning Expósito crazy.:stress:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts