Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's jinx a bit... :D My efficiency this year is amazing. :pp

Valencia play in Malaga today. Malaga is in a bad moment, pointing to Segunda Division and the head of their coach Manolo Hierro is in trouble. These teams that are fighting to avoid relegation are tough in the last games of the year, because it's like a final for them, but they also play very nervous.

Valencia will start the game 11 points far from Barcelona and knowing that they can not fail. Albelda and Quique have said that it's a mistake to think that they will catch Barcelona, that the goal is to be in the CL. They also say that, if they are really an alternative for the title, it is something that will come, because they don't depend on themselves, so the objective is only to win the 3 points of the next week.

In any case, despite these words, Valencia know that, if they don't win the 3 points, La Liga will definitely be out of reach, and Valencia still are a champion team, so I am sure they will play their last cards, their last hopes in this game, waiting for Barcelona to make a mistake.

Tonight at 9 PM (local time) - Canal+ (Spain)

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
i know who that jorge lopez is j.lo but who is shaggy? kliuvert? or do you mean that character from scooby doo that looks like Mista? by the way where the hell is edu?? i hope he isn't woodgate in the making.

Anyway jorge lopez is great but i think flores should try miguel at right wing and curro at the back.

·
semi-retired
18,554 Posts
Málaga v Valencia: PreviewPA

MALAGA, March 4 (Primera Liga) - Malaga coach Manolo Hierro has resorted to a change of formation as he bids to halt his side`s drastic slump and save his job.

Hierro will field a defensive five-man backline for the visit of Valencia, with Gabriel Rodrigues and Nacho Perez as wing-backs and Salva left as the lone forward.

The Andalucian side are rock bottom of the table having conceded seven goals without reply in their last two matches.

Hierro took over the reins of the team in January after the departure of Antonio Tapias but since the victory in his first match against Athletic Bilbao, it has been all downhill with three defeats.

The board are now scouring for out-of-work coaches, with salary demands an important factor. So far Ernesto Valverde and Victor Fernandez have emerged as favourites for the position.

After the 5-0 defeat by Atletico Madrid last weekend, Hierro said that it was hard to take but the team must remain positive.

``It was a match in which there were two very distinct teams. One was in a great run of form, carried a great threat and scored two goals in ten minutes and then there was us, who were not able to respond after conceding those early goals,'' he said.

``We always seem to concede early goals which is something we have worked to try and stop. It is painful to lose like that but we now have to lift our heads and work hard for the Valencia match.

``We made it too easy against Atletico while the sending-off of Sergio Duda made it an uphill battle for us.

``We now need to concentrate on the team and show some mental strength as the weeks are passing by and we have to recover soon.

``If we cannot save ourselves then we are a disaster, we have to be self-critical, we know that there are solutions but we have to find them and put them into practice.''

Goalkeeper Inaki Goitia is struggling with a leg strain and so Manolo Garcia and Javi Munoz are in the reckoning to play.

Valencia lost ground on leaders Barcelona last week as they could only draw against Getafe and now Quique Sanchez Flores says that the public should not get carried away with expectancy.

``At the moment we are fighting between two massive clubs, one with the historic run of Barcelona who are eight points clear and the other Real Madrid which is immersed in one of their biggest ever crises,'' he said.

``What cannot be allowed to happen is that we go from a year where we were expected to produce a reasonable success in the league to one where people are anticipating too much.

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
hehe yeah Shaggy = Mista, they look kinda the same :D

Hm if they're going with 5 man at the back why don't we go with two men upfront with Aimar lurking behind on the cost of Baraja. I mean he doesn't do much for the game anyway and Malaga will play for the counterattacks only so why not?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
FT: Malaga - Valencia: 0 - 0

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
That was the worst ever. The players looked like they didn't care whatsoever. Only Aimar was good.. and Canyete as usual. F'cking hell they should all be fined 2 weeks wages because they don't deserve to get paid after this and the Getafe display

·
Registered
10,011 Posts
Hala Koeman4!Visca El Cule Pessimism!

Koeman4 said:
Let's jinx a bit... :D My efficiency this year is amazing. :pp

Valencia play in Malaga today. Malaga is in a bad moment, pointing to Segunda Division and the head of their coach Manolo Hierro is in trouble. These teams that are fighting to avoid relegation are tough in the last games of the year, because it's like a final for them, but they also play very nervous.

Valencia will start the game 11 points far from Barcelona and knowing that they can not fail. Albelda and Quique have said that it's a mistake to think that they will catch Barcelona, that the goal is to be in the CL. They also say that, if they are really an alternative for the title, it is something that will come, because they don't depend on themselves, so the objective is only to win the 3 points of the next week.

In any case, despite these words, Valencia know that, if they don't win the 3 points, La Liga will definitely be out of reach, and Valencia still are a champion team, so I am sure they will play their last cards, their last hopes in this game, waiting for Barcelona to make a mistake.

Tonight at 9 PM (local time) - Canal+ (Spain)

·
Registered
9,401 Posts
Yup, no commitment for the badge at all (except a few players). Though this game could have finished very different if Miguel's flick which hit the crossbar would've gone in or Aurelio's freekick which also hit the crossbar would've gone in. Even so you might expect them to atleast fight and run for all they're worth.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Carles said:
Keep up the good work mate.
You definetely have a scary power. :howler:
I should receive a salary from Laporta... I'm giving the title on a silver plate :D :proud:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts