1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs.

Venue:

Camp Nou, Barcelona.

We welcome our inferior neighbours at the Camp Nou on Tuesday. We'll have to wait and see the extent of the injuries substained in the Numancia game - Ronaldinho and Belletti were the victims. Our form is relatively good and we have to salvage 3 points from this game, especially against Espanyol :finger:

Espanyol have had a wonderful season by their standards and they will come here will confidence - to salvage a draw. Most visitors have defended themselves to the death at the Camp Nou and I do not expect Espanyol to be any different. They have quality players in De La Peña, Tamudo and Maxi Rodriguez, but they have their fair share of dirty bastards as well - notably Antonio Soldevilla :yuck:

If we approach this game with the right attitude, then I'm confident we will get the 3 points. But saying that, I expect Espanyol to defend and foul to the death, so if things aren't going our way, lets hope Rijkaard puts the likes of Iniesta and Maxi on fairly quickly like he did against Chelsea.

And with Real Madrid facing a tricky game against Betis (if Yeste can torture their defence, so can Oliveira and Joaquín), this could be another excellent opportunity to extend our lead at the top of the table.

Som-hi nois! :stuckup: :cool:

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
NOW, THIS is a game for Maxi to start. He should get the edge instead of Giuly. We need his strength up front against the Espanyol defence in this game. I would also like to see Iniesta get a chance from the start. Let's hope Belletti recovers quickly. We need his runs down the flank if Giuly is benched. An early goal would be very beneficial, to open up those spaces, and we could well be in for a trashing of those punks.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Hopefully we get a ref who will protect our star players from these butchers. :mad:

If Belletti is injured, then Giuly will start if fit. The reverse is also true. If they are both injured, then I guess we're looking at Damia and Iniesta.

Obviously a win is completely necessary, but I expect at least 3 goals in this game. A destruction of Espanyol is what keeps the World in Gods good books.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
I doubt we will see the destruction of Espanyol. Derby games are usually tense and involve plenty of passion.

Well I did predict Barcelona would draw against Numancia :D, so I am going for another draw here. I think Espanyol will come to the Nou Camp with only one thing on their mind: Getting a point. I think Barcelona will struggle to break them down and Espanyol will certainly not be pushovers.

Any updates on Barcelona's injuries?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The only thing that I am going to say now is:
BARCELONA WAS, IS AND WILL BE BLAUGRANA

:finger: PERICOS DE MERDA! :finger:

·
Registered
841 Posts
We are a much better team than Espanyol, we just need to pick up our game and start playing to our ability. If we do, we will win for sure.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Well I did predict Barcelona would draw against Numancia :D, so I am going for another draw here.
Not to put a dent to your prophetic abilities, but you predict a draw or loss for the vast majority of our Liga matches.

Edit: In fact, all of our matches since the Liga prediction league began:

El Fenómeno. said:
Matchday 19: Barcelona - R. Sociedad 1-1
Matchday 20: Barcelona - Racing 1-1
Matchday 21: Sevilla 2-1 Barcelona
Matchday 22: Barcelona - Atlético 2:2
Matchday 23: Zaragoza 2-1 Barcelona
Matchday 24: Barcelona 0-0 Mallorca
Matchday 25: Numancia 0-0 Barcelona
And judging by your position in the BPL (59th out of 60), you haven't predicted much right before these matches either. Biased a bit? Nevertheless, hold on to that dream that you will still win La Liga.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Barca Rule said:
Not to put a dent to your prophetic abilities, but you predict a draw or loss for the vast majority of our Liga matches.

And judging by your position in the BPL (59th out of 60), you haven't predicted much right before these matches either. Biased a bit? Nevertheless, hold on to that dream that you will still win La Liga.
:howler: :D

Back to the original topic ;) I know it isn't going to happen, but does anybody think our midfield and attack should set up like this:

Code:
                      Márquez
              Xavi                 Deco

Ronaldinho

Eto'o              Maxi
There are so many advantages with this if we play this against teams from La Liga who do nothing but defend:

- We can use the aerial threat and strength of Maxi.

- Eto'o thrives with a strong partner - Maxi will always free up space and Eto'o, with his incredible pace, can take advantage of that.

- Ronaldinho, when played in a free role, is the best player in the world.

- Giuly is not playing well and his gung-ho style of football doesn't suit our play against stubborn sides at home.

- The only weakness of this system is the threat from Espanyol's wide players, but they will tend to play through the centre anyway - that's if they even attack.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'm worried about Giuly. I was sure he'll explode in Barca, buy we are still to witness little French in Monaco-days form. Hope Rijkaard's (and ours) patience will pay off in near future. And (chmm... paradox) I don't think that it is time to give Maxi starting place. He have to earn this first. If something is too easy too get, it doesn't taste as good as something you won in sweat and pain (jeez I have to be a masochist :drool: )

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hmmm...Giuly...in first games in Barça, he has shown a superb form...then Ludo was injured, but after injury that wasn't the same Giuly. He should be substitute by Maxi, Iniesta or Messi. For few games, later - we'll see ;)

I don't know anything of Belletti's injury. If he won't back - Damia to the line-up.

In my opinion, Barça's squad for Espanyol should be like this..

Code:
                                VV
              Damia    Oleguer        Puyol         Gio
                              Marquez
                       Xavi               Deco
              Iniesta       Eto'o       Ronaldinho
Visca el Barça! :)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Barca Rule said:

:dielaugh: :dielaugh: :howler:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I agree with that line-up you gave Barça_Fan, but I would play Marquez in central defense and Gerard as a defensive midfielder.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
our 4-3-3 formation is so predictable agaisnt weak teams so sometimes we need to make some changes.
IMO your line-up Barça_Fan is the best one for our next game against Real Madrid B.
Giuly is shadow of what he was last year,Ronaldinho loses alot of his efficiency in the left wing so some changes upfront are needed.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
any news about Belletti's injury? :scared:
if he's ruled out for the tuesday's game i fear the worst:Oleguer will play in the RB position and ALBERTINI will take the DM position. :doh: :mad:

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I don't want to keep the way of 4-3-3 always, and with the injuries that could come now, like Giuly and Bellitti, we should think about another way.

Albertini isn't doing the DM as good as we want him to do it, so I think Marquez stick as DM and we send in Navarro or Gerard if Marquez back to be in the CB.

Maxi as a starter is a must, we must take the airial attempets, we must score more headers, its hard to break up teams who play the way 10-0-0!!!!
attacking from in midel isn't effictive anymore, people are closing caps and Ronaldinho isn't useful on the left side, we must do the 2nd half of Chelsea game

Ronaldinho
Maxi + Eto'o

and make sure that we score early, and screw espanyol :finger: and take La Liga HOME!! :D

Visca el Barca :strong:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Barca Rule said:

Indeed.

59 out of 60 in the BPL.

Dude, I didn't predict the first 18 weeks! What do you want me to be? Top of the table when I missed 18 rounds? :D

And besides, of course I am never going to predict with my head when it comes to Barcelona. I always predict with my heart.

Why don't you go and look at the RM Prediction League? :D

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Indeed.

59 out of 60 in the BPL.

Dude, I didn't predict the first 18 weeks! What do you want me to be? Top of the table when I missed 18 rounds? :D

And besides, of course I am never going to predict with my head when it comes to Barcelona. I always predict with my heart.

Why don't you go and look at the RM Prediction League? :D
:) I was just making a point - 7 matches is a large enough sample to suggest that you predict a draw or loss for the overwhelming majority of our matches. The implication is clear: your (correct) prediction that we drew against Numancia is immaterial!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Yeah, I know.

I already admitted that I don't like to predict Barca to win matches. I don't predict what I think will happen. I predict what I want to happen.

:D

1 - 20 of 177 Posts